• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More VvV Ideas..Oh Em Gee!! [emoji33]

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV is a pretty pointless system..yes it adds a bit of a "capture the flag-esque" element to UO, but it's become stale due to some oversights. So I propose a few small tweaks, and maybe a bit bigger wish list

-More Frequently add Items to the VvV Silver Guy. Cycle items in and out on a weekly, daily, monthly basis. Write a script for it!! Lol
-Dyes
-Titles
-Deco

- Fix the leaderboard to record k/d throughout all of Sosaria. I know that seems a bit counter productive, but all PvPers like leaderboards to boast about and pump thy bird chest to.

- Show the city in a VvV menu(Guild Menu) so you don't have to log out to check the city "small annoyance" or like the old Punkte call words. "City Status"

****a bit more of a wishful thinking list now! How exciting!!

- Add a new gainable "stat" called VvV Prestige that can be gained by killing/rescuing/or aiding NPC's in an active city, killing other VvV Participants in an active town, stealing sigils(which i think the locations should be more randomized to limit farming)

- Instead of cycling through cities, make the cities poppable with VvV Prestige, and they are longer lasting cities. Maybe 45 minutes/ hour. When a city is active every 5 minutes a system message would be nice as well. "Jhelom is being occupied by a dominating force."

- VvV Buffs!! yes I said it!!
Conquering Towns.
I personally think the number of towns should be trimmed a bit. Maybe to 5-6 some of the better towns (but I digress)
When a guild conquers a town a buff is added till that town gets conquered by another guild. Nothing major or game breaking like the..oh I don't know fast fast buff! Smaller stuff +1 to each regen, +1 to Resist caps, +10 str,dex,int. Things that would be nice, but aren't NEEDED to play. Each town with its own city buff, you don't choose it. Also only one VvV buff, and tram city buff active at a time.

I could go on and on and on..but I won't! The common sense is kicking in, and I'm starting to realize I'm wasting precious carpel strength..I need it to game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like most of this.

The "king of the hill" type pvp scenario, while the intention was there, just isn't really adequate for a prolonged pvp.

Especially being able to stand on it for a minute and it's done for a few minutes.

They could have taken the same scenario and involved (the existing) bases, for longer spans of time, like an hour or two.

They could have used the monoliths as well for a single town to keep the capture the flag theme etc.

I guess there's a lot that could have been done with the system itself but here we are.

I'd imagine a good amount of those on the focus group never experienced the large prolonged base fights that kept you on the edge of your seat.

Factions didn't die because of a poor system, it died because of poor changes after years of neglect.

But I digress.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Change it so if you're the only one in the town, you gain 0, zero, zilch , points and it'll be a change in the right direction.
Yeah this should have never become a scriptable system.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Change it so if you're the only one in the town, you gain 0, zero, zilch , points and it'll be a change in the right direction.
Except for the fact it's literally so dead on some shards, VvV would virtually be completely dead in a week..but I agree lol

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Everything can be abused, players will kist login a second account, they have in a different guild and in VvV.

I like this:

-More Frequently add Items to the VvV Silver Guy. Cycle items in and out on a weekly, daily, monthly basis. Write a script for it!! Lol
-Dyes
-Titles
-Deco

It will bring more to town to get this new stuff

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been times on low pop shards I have had to log a second VvV toon in just to get it going. No scripting but if you don't it can take days or weeks to get enough points to get anything from the silver trader. Granted I am just a Sigil thief and not into the running around trying to kill everyone but the system is seriously flawed when it comes to low pop shards.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been times on low pop shards I have had to log a second VvV toon in just to get it going. No scripting but if you don't it can take days or weeks to get enough points to get anything from the silver trader. Granted I am just a Sigil thief and not into the running around trying to kill everyone but the system is seriously flawed when it comes to low pop shards.
There's something that could fix low pop shards..but ehhhh houses too pretty!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
get rid of vvv. why do we need vvv to fight? it just gets exploited and people will never be satisfied. some just want free items and an advantage over non vvv people. it actually causes less pvp, not more. just my opinions

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get rid of vvv. why do we need to fight? it just gets exploited and people will never be satisfied. some just want free items and an advantage over non vvv people. it actually causes less pvp, not more. just my opinions
Huh? It gives an advantage over people who don't want to pvp?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
get rid of vvv. why do we need to fight? it just gets exploited and people will never be satisfied. some just want free items and an advantage over non vvv people. it actually causes less pvp, not more. just my opinions
This is silly. It's like saying lets get rid of gold and items because people can dupe them.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 - get rid of royal forged pardons
2 - make town buffs available to reds

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 - get rid of royal forged pardons
2 - make town buffs available to reds
1- agreed
2- they have made being red a dying culture. Everyone is orange..no need to be red.