• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

want to try something different? Give Lake Superior a try

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What do the comminity of Lake Superior have to offer to new settlers, what make it different?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Because it's different.
Please elaborate on why it is different and why an experienced player might consider moving to LS.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Free housing?
I have a house on great lakes putting a house other shards besides Siege would condemn my house on great lakes
Only differences in the shards is the EMs, and their events

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sounds like we also need separate threads for Napa, Sonoma, Drachenfels, and test center.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Please elaborate on why it is different and why an experienced player might consider moving to LS.
1. it is a nanny shard. there is plenty of fresh water; wine, government houseing and communist people!
2. nobody has gold
that's all i got!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
whatever you do, do NOT move to sonoma. i enjoy having my favorite hunting spots all to myself.

isn't LS the current pvp hotspot nowadays?
Too late, I moved from LS to Sonoma hmm when char transfer came out. I think we moved about five characters back then to Sonoma. I can say one thing there is a lot of open space on Sonoma (Malas) And I can still find a spot or two for a Keep (trammel) side last time I really looked.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
whatever you do, do NOT move to sonoma. i enjoy having my favorite hunting spots all to myself.

isn't LS the current pvp hotspot nowadays?
Pvp has been dead there for a considerable amount of time.

I have found more pvp in Great Lakes recently than any other shard, other than Atlantic obviously.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried LS a few years ago, sorry was not feeling it. Now Legends there is a prodo shard with some class to vacation on when not playing Siege :) I keep 5-6 houses on Atlantic just to annoy people and for my shopping trips.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pvp has been dead there for a considerable amount of time.

I have found more pvp in Great Lakes recently than any other shard, other than Atlantic obviously.
Yeah, it died out in March/April, roughly. How's the pvp on GL? I have a char there I train from time to time, but he needs a competitive suit. Not sure if the guy who gave me the training gear's still playing over there.

I've heard Chessy has some pvp, but I need to get a suit over there too...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, it died out in March/April, roughly. How's the pvp on GL? I have a char there I train from time to time, but he needs a competitive suit. Not sure if the guy who gave me the training gear's still playing over there.

I've heard Chessy has some pvp, but I need to get a suit over there too...
Small group pvp, almost nightly for the last couple weeks.

Not sure if it's worth transferring or making a char for at this point but more is always welcome.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small group pvp, almost nightly for the last couple weeks.

Not sure if it's worth transferring or making a char for at this point but more is always welcome.
Just the kind of fighting I like. Plus there's a guy over there that I miss killing...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dizzy, you are an incredibly funny guy. Your posts are awesome. I pee my pants!

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
More Superior than Great, that's for sure. Or Austin.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Legends! Named after Legends of Kesmai. The first ground breaking medieval game. Tons of excellent housing spots for anything up to a keep. You can place a keep today feet from Trinsic (just one example). Castles can be bought very reasonably. Our PKs announce when their online to get things stirred up. What other shard do the PKs give you a heads up? Anything reasonable can be acquired in chat, likely as not for free. Last week both a Luna house and a castle were up for sale at very reasonable prices. Easy to have your favorite hunting spot to yourself. A couple of large friendly guilds to get together with to acquire new items and content. Friendly community. PvP smack talk usually only lasts 2 or 3 minutes and they end up laughing about it. Absurdly low vendor prices. It's a small yet very active community of people that want to help! Best shard in the lands. I moved from Great lakes to Legends and it feels like I moved into a country cottage. It's all very relaxing :) We even have bank sitters lol. Best game decision i ever made.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nice. But you don't have Lake Superior, which means you don't have me. I have me, I likee.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I transferred all of my characters to Lake Superior to play with a friend and am now transferring them back due to how inactive that shard is. This was within a year time frame.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We were just waiting for you to leave before we all come out of hiding.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If I recall the purpose of the OP, that was the point.

Oh wait, the OP was me. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
To be fair SP is always in the title. You really don't have to read it. I usually read them though cause there's really not all that much new stuff to read. Now if they said "People are gonna get banned!". Then you open it and it says "Cause SP is too much fun to be legal"! That would be different lol