• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Party Luck

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious as to how the total luck of the party is treated when killing a monster? Is it the highest damage dealers luck that is used to determine the loot on the corpse? Or is it the total luck of all members of the party?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure it's just based on looting rights, anyone that does enough damage, healing, or takes enough damage for rights, the loot can be generated using a random players luck... regardless of being in party or not.

If that's correct, it would help to have luck on every character getting rights.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When fighting in a party, everyone gets looting rights.

Doing more searching it says this:

5. A party's instanced corpse will contain the combined loot that the individual players in the party have earned by themselves.

a. Party members who wouldn't have gained looting rights individually don't contribute to the party's instanced corpse, though they can still loot it.
6. Only the luck value of the attack who did the most damage (the top attacker) is taking into account when loot is generated. Thus, the top attacker's luck benefits all players who can loot the monster.

Previously, I thought it was a random luck roll between attackers, but may that's out of group.

Last edited:

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6. Only the luck value of the attack who did the most damage (the top attacker) is taking into account when loot is generated. Thus, the top attacker's luck benefits all players who can loot the monster.
Where did you get that from? I am pretty sure luck is taken randomly from one of the top attackers.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where did you get that from? I am pretty sure luck is taken randomly from one of the top attackers.
I actually thought it was a random roll from anyone in the group.

Since everyone gets looting rights so there really isn't a top attacker.

However I couldn't find that info.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually thought it was a random roll from anyone in the group.

Since everyone gets looting rights so there really isn't a top attacker.

However I couldn't find that info.
Even if everyone gets looting rights, there are still top attackers. My last knowledge is that any top attacker killing a certain monster, can be the one to be rolled for luck. When there is more than one party, it can even be one outside of any party.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Even if everyone gets looting rights, there are still top attackers. My last knowledge is that any top attacker killing a certain monster, can be the one to be rolled for luck. When there is more than one party, it can even be one outside of any party.
Yes, but the stipulation wasn't given for multiple parties.

Googling Ultima online luck should help.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Phoenix stated this at the end of 2011 "For purposes of the new loot generator, for each piece of loot generated, the system will use the luck of one random player from the creature's top attackers list."
And I think this is how it still works.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well Phoenix stated this at the end of 2011 "For purposes of the new loot generator, for each piece of loot generated, the system will use the luck of one random player from the creature's top attackers list."
And I think this is how it still works.
I think that's true for everyone not in the same party.

Not sure about one party

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be nice to get an official word on how luck currently works from one of the dev team. Luck has always been a mysterious property.

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know party luck seems to be confusing...but at what point does luck make a difference for just a single player vs monster. Like 800+, 1100+,1600+? What are your thoughts

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"Luck goes up in increments of 600 I seem to find.

600/1200/1800/2400+"

Interesting! How did you come up with that?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When did they fix LUCK? Luck around 1000 works just as well as a max luck. People spent real dollars to make max luck suits just to find out luck was broken.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
"Luck goes up in increments of 600 I seem to find.

600/1200/1800/2400+"

Interesting! How did you come up with that?

From hunting Tmaps, Peerless and other mobs, I cannot say for a 100% accuracy as the RNG in this game plays soo much but I did see differences, when wearing different amounts of luck and I may not of done exact figures, maybe 100 over in some cases, as it would mean having to craft pieces at different luck levels and that would be very expensive but call them chock points or tier levels, there was difference when overcoming this levels.

The intensity of the items (Number of Mods), amounts of Greaters VS Legendaries is where you can look, if you want to check it out yourself, now it means hours or doing it, to get a small idea of patterns.

Now about when in Party and luck on the highest two damagers taken into account, well thats a weird one, as doing roof, you would think the sampire would do the most damage and take most damage unless a tamer is there with their GD to tank damage, well seems even tho if party not broken and other non top damagers having luck, their luck is take into account, so not only the 2 top damagers work. (Sampire +Tamer/WoD mage)

Now also what many also do is take the monster to redline and then break party so that most the luck of the group is transfered to the others. Still not being top damager your luck in your own items is also increased and the other too without being partied.

So does luck work as its intended? Maybe at times, seems luck also has another hidden glitch that works when it wants.