• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's going on with the Event Calendar?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just wondering if anyone knows who is responsible for keeping the Event Calendar on uo.com up to date?

Some of the Em's who are listed for a certain shard, no longer EM there, should this info not be updated with current EM name. Also, if you click on a shard website some are current, some under construction and some not used in months? As for the calendar itself, some shards monthly events are posted, while others are not?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for the calendar itself, some shards monthly events are posted, while others are not?
Some shards post theirs sooner than others. All shards have been posting their events, but its just the beginning of the month.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Some shards post theirs sooner than others. All shards have been posting their events, but its just the beginning of the month.
Thanks for the feedback.
I wasn't just referring to the month of September though, as I realize it is only the 6th.
I was hoping someone would know who actually updates the calendar regularly, Is it the Em's themselves.??

.for example, I believe L.Superior had a meet and greet on Sept 4th but this was not posted anywhere.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A lot of the information there is out-dated and wrong. Once an EM, or whoever. posts an event there, it gets forgotten...some EM's have to change their schedules, they do so on the town criers but NOT uo.com. There have been several events that I have missed due to that fact....uo.com says one time but the event is already over by the time I log in because the EM changed times for some unknown reason and uo.com never gets updated...it's getting old. That and the list of EM's and their websites needs a serious overhaul :/

EMstuf.jpg

Things there need to be seriously updated before they work on new things, it would be very helpful :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Perfect example....tonight, supposedly at 8 PM central there's an event on Great Lakes....

HUH.jpg

Time travel for the win! It doesn't start for another 35 minutes yet uo.com claims it's already over.....sighs

UNLESS the time's have changed and no one posted it anywhere......

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something is screwy with the calendar as Obsidian our EM for Baja had an event a few weeks ago. The calendar had the wrong time posted but it was correct on town criers, his FB and on the baja/stratics forum part. We dont even have EM Crysania anymore. EM Obsidian has since taken her place.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From my experience you should treat EMs like the local campus stoners that work at the sandwhich shop... Not great service, pretty mild attitude about doing work, most famous line "ill get around to it" but over all a very happy and tolerant group. Its either that or they are doing it to allude certain people with their mystical time posts... Collusion... :)

It just figures that UO releases something that has the potential to be really awesome and useful, then doesnt use it for its full potential.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perfect example....tonight, supposedly at 8 PM central there's an event on Great Lakes....

View attachment 53111

Time travel for the win! It doesn't start for another 35 minutes yet uo.com claims it's already over.....sighs

UNLESS the time's have changed and no one posted it anywhere......
GL EM events are almost always at 8pm C. Royal Council is at 7pm C. Saturday events are the only ones that vary much, but even most of those start at 8pm C.

I've noticed that events posted on the uo.com calendar are visible one day, but not the next, then mysteriously reappear (without any changes). I don't think the software running it is very stable...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback.
I wasn't just referring to the month of September though, as I realize it is only the 6th.
I was hoping someone would know who actually updates the calendar regularly, Is it the Em's themselves.??

.for example, I believe L.Superior had a meet and greet on Sept 4th but this was not posted anywhere.
Yeah, that was for our new (returning) EM to introduce herself to the players again.

Kartman

Adventurer
There is Player made events. Wich is not made by event moderator.
If intrested you can get more information at my personal blog +video about event.
( Event at offishal UO Pacific Shard - next week ). Take care !

Just wondering if anyone knows who is responsible for keeping the Event Calendar on uo.com up to date?

Some of the Em's who are listed for a certain shard, no longer EM there, should this info not be updated with current EM name. Also, if you click on a shard website some are current, some under construction and some not used in months? As for the calendar itself, some shards monthly events are posted, while others are not?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of the information there is out-dated and wrong. Once an EM, or whoever. posts an event there, it gets forgotten...some EM's have to change their schedules, they do so on the town criers but NOT uo.com. There have been several events that I have missed due to that fact....uo.com says one time but the event is already over by the time I log in because the EM changed times for some unknown reason and uo.com never gets updated...it's getting old. That and the list of EM's and their websites needs a serious overhaul :/

View attachment 53109

Things there need to be seriously updated before they work on new things, it would be very helpful :)
EM Willow on Sonoma is gone as well.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a clicky thing... u r either in the loop or u out the loop...not all events get posted and the funny thing is the drop events are always very well particapted while the non drop events are sparse... yet who can guess if its a drop or no drop.... i thnk most eventers can sense if its a drop event... [no public warning btw] by the shear diff in numbers attending......i guess iam out of the loop....ksara......my 2 word summary...i aint fussed...... ITEM OVERLOAD!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a clicky thing... u r either in the loop or u out the loop...not all events get posted and the funny thing is the drop events are always very well particapted while the non drop events are sparse... yet who can guess if its a drop or no drop.... i thnk most eventers can sense if its a drop event... [no public warning btw] by the shear diff in numbers attending......i guess iam out of the loop....ksara......my 2 word summary...i aint fussed...... ITEM OVERLOAD!!
If you go to enough events, you can tell when it's a drop - I believe they're allowed one per month, and Atl gets two/month due to having 2 EMs. Even without knowing that, the spike in attendance is a dead giveaway, but looking at the calendar can tell you when there's going to be a drop. For example: In taking a quick look, Legends has 5 this month, one of which is the king's meeting. Of the 4 remaining (one of which I won't be attending, due to only having a Thrower), two are guaranteed to not have a drop. I don't go solely for the drop, but it's a nice bonus (that said, if the boss is, say, a Slasher and I DO get a drop, only to find out it's a Stygian Abyss artifact, it puts me in a bad mood.)

All events actually do get posted. Just because you cannot get any event drops is meaningless, and, tbqh, it's nobody's fault but your own. When I got the drop at the last Legends event, it was laggy as hell and I hit the boss maybe 20 times tops, most of which were Armor Ignores. I don't get one every time, but I have gotten enough (Including the one Atl event where I got two, that's maybe 8-10), to make over a billion off of them.

For what it's worth, my throwers on LS and Legends (my only finished ones) both use imbued leather suits (which I'm working on replacing with Stone) with reforged elemental slayer weapons. While it's still up to the RNG, I have no trouble whatsoever doing enough damage to get looting rights, which in turn gives me a chance at getting a drop. At the moment, both are pure dps with Chiv/Bushido & 120 Anat/Tactics. Once the replacement suits are done, both are going whammy.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

View attachment 53109

Woot! Avalon is back! Erebus is doing a great job but I really liked Avalon lol

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Actually they usually do. I mean, I purely check the uo.com calendar now and I have had no issues.
I feel like the Fuddy Wuddy fish, flipping back n forth on this issue.

I also check the calendar regularly and if I solely relied on this as an event reference, I would have missed several.
The point in which I am making in this thread, is that the Calendar is Not updated regularly and does not always contain correct information, period.

There was a meet and greet on Lake Superior on the 4th of September. Is that posted on the Calendar!....No, No it is not and this is just 1 example.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it os deffo not updated by all EMs thats obvoius

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think the people who update the site are located on the East Coast, and they don't always think about time differences. Particuarly if the website (is WordPress) is hosted on an East Coast server. The administrator of the site needs to account for time zones, and/or whomever is making the post needs to add/subtract hours - most likely is a combination of both.

What a lot of cross-time-zone ppl do is make sure the site's timezone is set to the corporate office. Then, the people who post articles are trained to adjust their time accordingly for posting to the central site (and calendar), but within the post they outline the local information... eg:

Event is posted using EST, but is held in Hawaii... so will add 6-hours to my actual event time (say, 2pm HST) and post it to be 8pm EST.
Then, in the post's information, will say - "Event starts at 2pm Hawaii Standard Time (8pm EST, 7pm CST, 5pm PST).

Is the best way to cover bases. It is not that is it "wrong" - but people are not trained to take time zones into consideration.