• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to try something different? Give Siege Perilous a try

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
On Siege, we do have lots of crafters, PvM'ers and other non PvP'ers but only very few PvP'ers and they need someone to play with, someone willing to fight fair inside the rules for the game. Crafters, PvM'ers etc is very welcome too.

Starting as a young PvP'ers on Siege can be very hard and expensive. My advice would be to get a small group together and support each others. You will need to do PvM hunts and you will need crafting skills in the group. The game is very different on Siege as we do not have Item Insurance and we do not have VvV artifacts. You can build an upper suit, but you risk to lose it first time to try to PvP on Siege.

A little help here, even when some info are old: New Siege FAQ (updated January 2013) and in my old inviting thread: Invitation to try out Siege Perilous

I know some of you will believe, you just need to stay alive and loot a lot. Many tried that in the past, but a better way could be to set some RP rules for your guild including some lesser looting rules vs players not on your KoS and loot dry list. If the community know about your RP rules, they will go easier on you.

If crafters and PvM'ers know what to expect if they die for your hand, they will be more willing to do some trading with you. They will also be more willing to risk to die for your hand.

If you do not have a group, my guild TDO* do take in some young Siege players to help them get started, however if you can't handle the risk of dying, TDO may not be the right choice.

Come help us making Siege more Perilous again, help us bring PvP back on Siege.

We do hope Mesanna and her Devs will help us making suits easier to replace after at least listen to us at last Meet and Greet on Siege.

Come give it a try, join Gen Chat, tell who you are and what kind of guild you are looking for.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freja..........why ? If you want to drum up business for Siege, make a newb or log in with one you already have, on prodo shards and start having conversations with people that don't actually read Stratics. Because your 15th post about Siege, on Uhall is being seen by the same people that are frankly, tired of seeing it. There was a time when I thought you were doing this because you had Sieges best interest at heart, but I don't think so now. This is drama, you're drumming it up again because it's quieted down. You were in gen chat last night name dropping Hi5 and asking where they were, and this is you're way of bringing it back up again. Go to prodo and ask where they are, get their icq numbers, hell join the guild already and be done with it. You're not fooling anyone. I thought for sure during your last drama fest when you were so so upset, that you would have learned from it but clearly not. Sorry , but someone has to be the bad guy here and I'm volunteering. You wanna change Siege?, start with yourself. And change that ridiculous signature that most if not everyone on Siege detests, besides you.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Garth Grey put me on ignore if I annoy you. Thanks

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
u were in gen chat last night name dropping Hi5 and asking where they were, and this is you're way of bringing it back up again. Go to prodo and ask where they are, get their icq numbers, hell join the guild already and be done with it.
I thought the purpose for gen chat was for players to use, and ask for others to see if their on, or not? If you don't ask how you know who your looking for is on? Some players don't use icq,or even have it on when playing the game.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I thought the purpose for gen chat was for players to use, and ask for others to see if their on, or not? If you don't ask how you know who your looking for is on? Some players don't use icq,or even have it on when playing the game.
And I was not looking for them or asking for them. Someone was asking me about them :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege and Prodo shards are 2 different games.
If you are open for PvP, red or VvV, there are no safe places unless in a house or in an instances, everywhere else, you can be attacked.
If you red, you can go everywhere, but you can't buy from NPC vendors. If you only do have one char, you may need non red friends.
If you blue, not VvV, you are safe in towns unless it is an active battle town or somewhat safe, not 100%. You can be attacked everywhere else not in a house or in an instances.
If you die, your stuff can be looted unless Siege blessed (one at the time) or cloth blessed. only non magic stuff can be cloth blessed. There are a few exceptions from this.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you dream about being red the old way, hanging out outside town at gathering places or lower end monster spawn, you will have a hard time finding a victim. A better choice may be to go VvV, when you get your skills up and help bringing actions back to the battle towns.
If you choose to go red, get tracking, as a lot like to stealth around, even when no enemies near.
To the ones who are not agressivve but don't mind the risk, drop stealth, take the risk and help making the players visible on Siege, give the RP reds someone to play with. There are so many places on Siege, stealth is not really needed if you can handle the risk of dying.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
...a faded rose from days gone by

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't rped in ages...unless you refer to my occasional emotes as roleplaying...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At one point in time I considered playing on Siege. As I looked around for more info about it I found more and more......and more and more repeat posts from Freja on Stratics. This annoyed me. I decided not to try Siege.
Same for me.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love the concept of Siege, but the lack of a coherent community really makes it hard to move into. The focus on PvP I find has made it so there isn't really anything else. Yes there are "tons of crafters" and "tons of PvMers", but they're not the focus nor the vocal majority. I am not saying it is an unfriendly place, but with the inability to sell anything to NPCs, and basically no one else around most of the time, it becomes kind of a wasteland with no point.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Times have changed greatly Magnus.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At one point in time I considered playing on Siege. As I looked around for more info about it I found more and more......and more and more repeat posts from Freja on Stratics. This annoyed me. I decided not to try Siege.
To her credit, she has been banging the Siege drum for over a decade. At the very least, she deserves praise for her consistency?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love the concept of Siege, but the lack of a coherent community really makes it hard to move into. The focus on PvP I find has made it so there isn't really anything else. Yes there are "tons of crafters" and "tons of PvMers", but they're not the focus nor the vocal majority. I am not saying it is an unfriendly place, but with the inability to sell anything to NPCs, and basically no one else around most of the time, it becomes kind of a wasteland with no point.
There are very little PvP left on Siege, you can go everywhere, you rarely see a red. Also, NPC's do not buy, but find out what players need and you have buyers. Unraw crappy magic, gold and gems are always nice, most imbuing resources sell too.
Siege is not what it was years ago, as Kelmo said, it had changed a lot.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry no offense, but seriously this is a real poor excuse not to try out Siege.
Yes at time she maybe annoying to others, but to me she is a go getter a never giver upper someone who keeps plugging even if it falls on deaf ears hoping someday someone will log onto Siege.
You don't want to try out Siege fine Siege is not for everyone heck it's not even for me, but I'm playing on Siege.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wtf people

Oh look, somebody is drumming up some hype for an UO community! Time for a backslash, totally edgy-cool snark and ridicule! The *** is wrong with you. You actually feel we have too much of sub-community stuff going? I truly don't get the malign twist in logic that is required to make somebody drumming up anything UO sub community - related to appear a bad thing. Douches.

"I've seen your post before, thusly it is invalid!" is ultimately every bit as selfish reasoning as it sounds.
Being active in/interested of UO is not always some stagnant, constant state people first enter, then remain til they die. People come and go, return and leave. Get interested and lose interest. This applies to game, subscription, reading Stratics. What is " Aargh not this again!" for you is novel and exciting to somebody else. I feel it staggering how this legitimately appears as something that needs to be explained. You are ****ting in your own nest.

I much hope the preaching will go better from now on @FrejaSP , to choir and otherwise.;p When looking at this through glass half full, I think you at least already found the lowest Stratics as community can manage. Have you ever tried reaching out to people playing UO elsewhere? ( = folks playing in unofficial shards) Some of them likely don't know much of Siege either. I fear it makes a choir singing in as ****ty tune as initial response here though.

As most here prolly now, Reddit is incredibly important corner of the net nowadays. Disproportionate wealth of people use it as a nexus for their everything Internet related. Ultima Online has it's own subreddit, Ultima Online • /r/ultimaonline
It is, all things considered, surprisingly busy actually. However, it is almost exclusively utilized by the free shard people. It'd be very good if we could increase official visibility there. I post there every now and then..
..and I feel like almost nobody else from official shards does. It might be nice if this changed. Making occasional, very good posts about UO to /r/MMORPG or games might work great, too.

Last edited:

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I went to Siege a couple of night ago. Yelled in chat nothing. No one at Brit no one at Luna. Ran around outer Luna. The shard is a ghost town. :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I went to Siege a couple of night ago. Yelled in chat nothing. No one at Brit no one at Luna. Ran around outer Luna. The shard is a ghost town. :(
Siege is like waves, sometimes only a few play but then we have an event or something and you can see 30-40 at same place.
If people login on a slow day, they logout again and next one will do the same :(
Sometimes we have Tanager or someone else blabring in the chat and it do the trick, people stay online, and do something, hunt, stock vendors, try to find PvP.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wtf people
I don't think it's the content of the post, just the repetitious nature. I have no issue with these kind of posts myself I just think it's pointless to make the same post every other month for literally years to basically the exact same group of people. Everyone already knows what siege is.

Plus there was some dramatic unpleasantness in the siege community lately, which she was a part of, and people still have some salty feelings about it. Could have something to do with the negativity.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Plus there was some dramatic unpleasantness in the siege community lately, which she was a part of, and people still have some salty feelings about it. Could have something to do with the negativity.
It is Siege,it would never had been a problem if we did have more PvP'ers to balance it out a little. If this group had been able to find more willing to fight them, it would never had been a big problem.

Lets just move on and get back on trying to get more life on Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is Siege,it would never had been a problem if we did have more PvP'ers to balance it out a little. If this group had been able to find more willing to fight them, it would never had been a big problem.

Lets just move on and get back on trying to get more life on Siege.
Problem was them being *****, not the pvp. :D

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wtf people

Oh look, somebody is drumming up some hype for an UO community! Time for a backslash, totally edgy-cool snark and ridicule! The *** is wrong with you. You actually feel we have too much of sub-community stuff going? I truly don't get the malign twist in logic that is required to make somebody drumming up anything UO sub community - related to appear a bad thing. Douches.

"I've seen your post before, thusly it is invalid!" is ultimately every bit as selfish reasoning as it sounds.
Being active in/interested of UO is not always some stagnant, constant state people first enter, then remain til they die. People come and go, return and leave. Get interested and lose interest. This applies to game, subscription, reading Stratics. What is " Aargh not this again!" for you is novel and exciting to somebody else. I feel it staggering how this legitimately appears as something that needs to be explained. You are ****ting in your own nest.

I much hope the preaching will go better from now on @FrejaSP , to choir and otherwise.;p When looking at this through glass half full, I think you at least already found the lowest Stratics as community can manage. Have you ever tried reaching out to people playing UO elsewhere? ( = folks playing in unofficial shards) Some of them likely don't know much of Siege either. I fear it makes a choir singing in as ****ty tune as initial response here though.

As most here prolly now, Reddit is incredibly important corner of the net nowadays. Disproportionate wealth of people use it as a nexus for their everything Internet related. Ultima Online has it's own subreddit, Ultima Online • /r/ultimaonline
It is, all things considered, surprisingly busy actually. However, it is almost exclusively utilized by the free shard people. It'd be very good if we could increase official visibility there. I post there every now and then..
..and I feel like almost nobody else from official shards does. It might be nice if this changed. Making occasional, very good posts about UO to /r/MMORPG or games might work great, too.
Who exactly are you on Siege ?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Problem was them being *****, not the pvp. :D
Yes they was but the question is, why was they **?**, what would had happen if GIL had grapped some old gear and faced them, well known, they would die trying? Sure I can't know, but I do believe it would have changed everything.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
On Siege, we do have lots of crafters, PvM'ers and other non PvP'ers but only very few PvP'ers and they need someone to play with, someone willing to fight fair inside the rules for the game. Crafters, PvM'ers etc is very welcome too.
1. ((One character per account. I am running three accounts on Siege. A crafter, to make everything I need. A mage to gate around, no recalling, sacred journey
allowed on Siege, and an archer to fight.))

Starting as a young PvP'ers on Siege can be very hard and expensive. My advice would be to get a small group together and support each others. You will need to do PvM hunts and you will need crafting skills in the group. The game is very different on Siege as we do not have Item Insurance and we do not have VvV artifacts. You can build an upper suit, but you risk to lose it first time to try to PvP on Siege.
2. ((Also the cost of buying everything from the NPCs is three times the cost of a prodo shard and there is no selling back to the NPC.))

A little help here, even when some info are old: New Siege FAQ (updated January 2013) and in my old inviting thread: Invitation to try out Siege Perilous
3. ((Ask guilds like the TDO above in Freja Signature, or Gilfane another very good guild on Siege))

I know some of you will believe, you just need to stay alive and loot a lot. Many tried that in the past, but a better way could be to set some RP rules for your guild including some lesser looting rules vs players not on your KoS and loot dry list. If the community knows about your RP rules, they will go easier on you.
4. ((Siege players love to role play, if you not into doing something like this then Siege may not be for you if you respect Siege players they will respect you))

If crafters and PvM'ers know what to expect if they die for your hand, they will be more willing to do some trading with you. They will also be more willing to risk to die for your hand.
5. ((Those players that do not PvP know what to expect when facing a PvPer. But respect works both directions on Siege))

If you do not have a group, my guild TDO* do take in some young Siege players to help them get started, however, if you can't handle the risk of dying, TDO may not be the right choice.
6. ((TDO is not the only guild on Siege. Gilfane is another. There are others as well checking the Siege forum may enlighten you to them.))

Come help us making Siege more Perilous again, help us bring PvP back on Siege.
7. ((If you using cheat programs leave them on the prodo shard. As for PvP on Siege, it's alive and well since it is NOT a prodo shard, there is no Tram here.))

We do hope Mesanna and her Devs will help us making suits easier to replace after at least listen to us at last Meet and Greet on Siege.
8. ((The only way they can help is to bring normal prices to Siege from the NPC. I hate having to pay three times the cost to buy something I need from an NPC on Siege, as for them listening to us, they did when the question of VvV items being allowed on Siege, and for that I am glad))

Come give it a try, join Gen Chat, tell who you are and what kind of guild you are looking for.
9. ((Yes drop in, join the chat, feel free to ask questions, but beware the beast that lurks in the darkness, for on Siege you may be chatting with such a beast))

Siege Perilous - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia Siege Bless - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks for the nice reply Drakelord

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many Europeans here, maybe that's why some people don't meet many others. And by the way: We don't do banksitting. Why should anybody hang out at a bank, there are thieves around ;)

There are many guilds, just ask :) picking the right guild is vital, more important than in any other place. Better wait a while and learn the guilds. Take your time. You will find a great community with the right choice.

And the irony is: siege has some if the best pvm-teams in the whole game!

Last edited:

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"To the ones who are not agressivve but don't mind the risk, drop stealth"

Well this isn't going to be received well but I for one would be pretty happy if they just hit the delete button on the skill "stealth"

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok if we are in the siege classroom, why outlaw recall but allow gate? Just to make leaving an area take a few seconds longer?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok if we are in the siege classroom, why outlaw recall but allow gate? Just to make leaving an area take a few seconds longer?
Harder to hide where you live, when you can't recall, all can follow you in a gate. Just changes gating on Siege so you need no magery to use it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"To the ones who are not agressivve but don't mind the risk, drop stealth"

Well this isn't going to be received well but I for one would be pretty happy if they just hit the delete button on the skill "stealth"
Should just work like it used to, where you had to actually activate it. Would bring some player skill back to it. Or maybe say if you have 300+ skill points in stealth, hiding, and ninja, you can auto stealth.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they was but the question is, why was they **?**, what would had happen if GIL had grapped some old gear and faced them, well known, they would die trying? Sure I can't know, but I do believe it would have changed everything.
This is the craziest ass **** I've ever heard.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is the craziest ass **** I've ever heard.
I remember Ian Town and when GIL had their town in Malas, your guys did accept a challenge as far I remember. It may sounds crazy until you try it :)