• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Largest Most Busy Shard?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be Atlantic - almost too busy. But there a still a few shards with a healthy player base. Someone is usually always around on Chessy. (OK - that is usually me fishing. :p) Summer time is also a slower time player wise - many are on vacations. Its probably best to check out shards during the hours between getting off of work and supper time - seems to be the busiest.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic is the most populated. The next two would be Catskills and Great Lakes. There are housing issues on Atlantic though.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What housing issue on Atl or do you mean people can't even sell an 18x18 for 15M. There are open spots on Atl, don't kid yourself.

DarknessDemona

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i was to move I would like to have a castle. Maybe i will find one while i am working on new toons :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres plenty of room on atlantic for max secure housing.... 2 years ago no.... todays UO ... deffoo...u need only look around...if u feel lazy and cant be bothered to look yourself....then pay the bank market price which is down to about 10-15m for a large tower/1818

folks sorry to tell you...to drop the big bomb shell......but UO is shrinking in numbers...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i was to move I would like to have a castle. Maybe i will find one while i am working on new toons :)
Theres quite a few shards that have castle spots laying empty......but they are pretty quite shards ....some even luna shops spaces too...just waiting for a new player to come

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Atlantic is the most active shard with most players. So if you're looking for social activity and bigger groups to run hunts with, that is where you will want to be.

You can find housing on Atlantic, but you're not going to get your first choice on Day 1. You're going to have to stick around for a bit and wait to hear about a prime housing spot opening up. The only real exception would be Castles... you likely won't get one of those unless you're willing to shell out quite a lot of money. However, you can find a Keep at a decent price regularly enough.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic is the only shard in the game that can legitimately be called "busy".

On Atlantic you'll see probably about 50 people around somewhere regardless of what time it is and 100-150 at prime time.

On the 2nd most popular shard you'll see maybe 5 people no matter what time it is, and 20-30 at prime time.

It's a pretty steep drop in players once you leave Atlantic.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
However, you can find a Keep at a decent price regularly enough
On average they're 2B on Atlantic, you find that reasonable..? hehe :p. 18X18 have been selling for 10-20M lately, now that's reasonable ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On average they're 2B on Atlantic, you find that reasonable..? hehe :p. 18X18 have been selling for 10-20M lately, now that's reasonable ;)
If you go through one of the big brokers or want a prime piece of real estate... yeah, they're 2B. But I've seen a number of private sales happen recently in the 500M range, which I feel is very reasonable for a keep on ATL. This is one of the advantages of being in a large guild and having the patience to wait for a deal like that to come up.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah the gulf between a keep 1-2 billion and a 1818 which are free to 10m is enormous...and i for one cant justify the extra 1-2 billion for a 24x24 which is only 16x16 in the middle as compared the a 1818 or large tower for free....just saying in my opinion....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah the gulf between a keep 1-2 billion and a 1818 which are free to 10m is enormous...and i for one cant justify the extra 1-2 billion for a 24x24 which is only 16x16 in the middle as compared the a 1818 or large tower for free....just saying in my opinion....

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that it was full. Learn something new every day.