• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Search Oddity

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have sometimes noticed that VS will pull up varying results, does anyone else notice this?

For example, when looking for 'tangle' in the search field (default low to high priced, with default, or 'no price range') I pull these results:
VS Tangle.jpg

And again, priced High to Low, default price range:
VS Tangle2.jpg

This I can repeat, both searches occurring within seconds of each other and stocks do not appear to change.
I love the vendor search function, perhaps this can be looked at? This is also true for other items, the above screen captures are an example.
Cheers!

(EDIT: Of note is that there are no continuing pages to scroll through.)

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see the problem your getting at. all would fall under the search for "tangle" because the seller description has "tangle" for the tangle colored items (gozas and hair dye)

vendor search doesnt ever show all the items. it goes in even numbers of 5 and cuts off the last/first page of less than 5. search had so many issues and it took a long time to even get it functional that i highly doubt the devs would mess with it now (for fear of breaking it again)

so its been this way from the start. its not a bug so much as the best that can be done with the design. if you want to see all the items, you just do 2 searchs. high to low and low to high.

Last edited:

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Aye, what Smoot said. The search catches seller description when its searches. If a seller put tangle in the description it'll pull it up too.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Tangle3.jpg It would be good if it showed all items that read 'tangle' (hair dye, goza and the like), the problem is that it does not. Please note the 'next page' bottom right; sometimes there is a 'next page' to view additional items, sometimes not. :)

So in this shot, it, for some reason, DOES show additional pages. Point is that sometimes vendor search shows multiple pages of what could be all 'tangle' items, sometimes it surely does not, and yet other times it seems to miss an item or two in the middle. It's a bit confusing.

Cheers!

(Edited to add another screenshot with explanation.)

Last edited:

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Guess I'm not sure what you mean. So when you mouseover the items it doesn't show "tangle" in any part of the text?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I must have missed something (vendor search was implemented during a time I had taken a 'break'); I take it the results page must contain five items? I think that would account for the confusion, not the least of which is my own. So...if there are 9 items, you must look for 'highest' and 'lowest' priced items, did I get that right? (That would account for seemingly missing items at times!)
Yikes and Cheers! haha

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you search "tangle" anything with the word in it will show up in your search. You can add the "weight" or unique word on the apron such as "defense" you want to help differentiate between it and other items

tangle.jpg

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get what he's saying cuz it's happened to me before, it's a bug with Vendor Search for random items and should be reported. VS Doesn't always show upload_2016-7-29_13-52-41.png at the bottom even though there's more items available, however if you reverse your search to list from "High to Low" instead of "Low to High" you get the other items (9-10 total items for tangle instead of just 5 with the first search)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'm not sure what you mean. So when you mouseover the items it doesn't show "tangle" in any part of the text?
this was the case for me for a while, if someone has this problem most likely reason is they need to turn on "tooltips" in options.