• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting Medusa eggs is a tedious mess that doesn't belong in a commercial MMO.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided to try this again a year later, 45 minutes of clicking on holes, one egg.

Can I get some more smug posts about how you totally get one every 5 minutes, and I can't possibly think this is boring garbage, and must just think killing giant serpents is too hard?
USE A FLUTE.

How many times does it need to be said? o_O

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a mage.
Precast invis, and find a spot with 3-4 holes.
Release the invis on yourself.
2xclick snake charmer, target a snake that is in range, target hole.
when the duttelut sound is about to end use your key for last object to use snake charmer again, target snake, then hole.
keep doing this till all holes are destroyed.
If any eggs pops up, cast invis, goto egg release invis on yourself, pick up egg, and continus charming, or cast invis again and move on.

You dont really need stealth or hiding. ive gotten tons of eggs using just a mage, with a few charmers.

the things is, u dont really wanna fight all the snakes, just ignore them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided to try this again a year later, 45 minutes of clicking on holes, one egg.

Can I get some more smug posts about how you totally get one every 5 minutes, and I can't possibly think this is boring garbage, and must just think killing giant serpents is too hard?
Horses for courses. The correct 'horse' for this 'course' is a stealther using a flute to charm the snakes - Why bother to put a snake charming flute into the game if it wasn't to make this task easier?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's all about the RNG seriously.

Me and my guildie go down there together to gather eggs, both on stealthers. I get one for every 5 she gets....she's just better at charming snakes them I am I guess lol...but it is true....I can spend an hour and get one, she gets double that in the same amount of time...so it's all about RNG, some people are just luckier :p

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, if you're not using flutes, that's probably the issue. I can usually farm 20-30 eggs if I get it a solid 1.5 - 2 hour push.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's still pretty tedious with the flutes in my experience.

I'd rather just kill **** and loot the eggs.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the eggs, Vic! Who wants an Omelette later this week? Inviting for public Medusa-hunt on Siege :)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Can someone explain how to get the keys please. I've been to fight medusa many times but only when guild mates or people in chat have been going.

I hate getting keys for stuff, I can't explain how much I hate it!! Usually they take longer to acquire than most of the boss fights. If people are saying medusa is the easiest I'll give it a try.
Get me ingame and Il take you and show you

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
This system is already implemented in both Blackthorn and Doom. Wouldn't be a half bad idea to put it towards a few other things. Biggest issue in my opinion is that the code seems to only allow one drop per run with a large group, Of the main items, I've never seen a run where multiple tiles/statues/pinks/slithers/venoms dropped. Its always 1. Doing a Medusa with a group should yield higher results than just soloing it. (Other than those nice cleanup items :p )
Ive had various runs, with slither, and bow falling

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's still pretty tedious with the flutes in my experience.

I'd rather just kill **** and loot the eggs.
I key Chief Paraxymous pretty frequently for my guild - there is nothing more annoying than having to kill all those slimes and check every corpse. Especially given all of the other spawn down near the acid river in that particular dungeon. The eggs popping up out of the holes when you've successfully gotten a key is a nice reprieve. Otherwise, you'd have so many corpses to check that you'd lose track of which one's you've checked or not and they'd start to decay. In short, it would end up with a lot more clicking and effort than what is currently needed to key for 4-5 Medusa runs.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I key Chief Paraxymous pretty frequently for my guild - there is nothing more annoying than having to kill all those slimes and check every corpse. Especially given all of the other spawn down near the acid river in that particular dungeon. The eggs popping up out of the holes when you've successfully gotten a key is a nice reprieve. Otherwise, you'd have so many corpses to check that you'd lose track of which one's you've checked or not and they'd start to decay. In short, it would end up with a lot more clicking and effort than what is currently needed to key for 4-5 Medusa runs.
I agree with that. So I'd say have keys pop into backpack.

It's not really the effort or amount of clicking that makes Medusa keys so tedious to get, it's just that it's so goddamn boring.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am farming peerless keys all day long and Medusa eggs belong to the easiest of them. Easy and quick with a stealther and a flute. Dreadhorn, however... Yikes!