• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Difficulty finding bosses, my corpse, and corpses w/ looting rights in CC at events

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Ctrl+shift to locate mobs and corpses. On a small laptop, targetting mobs and seeking lootable corpses is frustrating and sometimes futile. Way too often, there are tons of labels as well as dragons and gargoyles flapping, that overlap the desired one. Would it be possible for those labels be uppermost versus buried on the bottom? Having to close 10+ tags only to not find the needed one is a pain in the pancake.

Maybe a different shape, or shade of the tab might assist us target when in high density areas. Not sure if this should be a Dev or Tugsoft question, but a solution would be appreciated!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you push the glowing button on your monitor and then hold control/shift you will be able to see it better. It will be the big black one.

Not sure this will help you click it though...:eek:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forgot to add when the lag monster joins in, the labels are even harder to target or drag. They are often out of sync and just getting them to populate on my laptop takes a long time. I know i need a better rig!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At a few of the events, the EM was kind enough to situate the invulnerable boss on a mountain-side so all could pull the yellow bar to the side ahead of killing time. When it did turn red, the bar didn't poof either like bosses at most events. Good and considerate move on the EM's part!

Enziet

Journeyman
I agree it is a pain to find your corpse sometimes. Aside from Ctrl + Shift and closing bars, or seeing the green text amongst the sea of blue's those I think are the only two options. I'm not sure what this button thing is the other post was talking about... maybe I've been blind for 18 years.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
'All Names', is what I use as well, it's still difficult at times to find the bosses corpse though.

All my event characters are in a guild so, as someone has already mentioned, just being in a guild would make it much easier to spot your corpse if you happened to die.

As far as getting the right corpse, most of the time it'll "say you didn't earn the rights to loot that corpse" if this happens, I use a "Last Object" macro, normally it'll open the corpse on the fisrt try. (you must have looting rights on the boss for it to work)

The message appears because someone or someone's pet died where the boss did, and the game thinks you're trying to open a different corpse you otherwise didn't have rights to loot.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Here is a good idea: when and if the origin store ever has a sale buy some undertaker staves. Then that eliminates the finding your corpse problem.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All names is much better.

If you are in a guild your name will show up green amongst the sea of blue names too, making it very easy to find your corpse.
This works well ... Except if your character is in certain forms. I don't know all of them, but I know dieing in reaper form will make your corpse grey even in a guild.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is a good idea: when and if the origin store ever has a sale buy some undertaker staves. Then that eliminates the finding your corpse problem.
Eh, I don't believe in throwing money away because of bad game mechanics.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue started when they 'played' with HC a while back. Before the tinkering, the last corpse killed was on the top of 'All Names'. Now, if you stand in one place and whack away, like with Raptor, the last mob killed has is corpse label on the bottom of the pile of 'All Names'. AND, the labels are frequently of the wrong corpse when the pile gets large.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as your corpse goes I suggest strongly investing in the Undertakers Staff. This way at EM events you get your rez walk to somewhere uncrowded and call your corpse. It's a life saver.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Eh, I don't believe in throwing money away because of bad game mechanics.
It's $2 bucks and some change during sales. I'm sure you waste that much a day on fountain pops or energy drinks just like the rest of the country. If you don't want to spend the cash then spend the 20m to buy one. Either way it's so cheap there is no reason to not have one if you do a lot of events.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's $2 bucks and some change during sales. I'm sure you waste that much a day on fountain pops or energy drinks just like the rest of the country. If you don't want to spend the cash then spend the 20m to buy one. Either way it's so cheap there is no reason to not have one if you do a lot of events.
I prefer they just allow a show all corpses or be able to filter the all names macro.

And no I don't drink soda or energy drinks

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I prefer they just allow a show all corpses or be able to filter the all names macro.

And no I don't drink soda or energy drinks
I agree that we shouldn't NEED to buy this. Actually you could get away with spending hours gaining sacrifice and wouldn't need to, but my limited time in game is better served playing rather that wasting time doing that. This just works best for me.

And congrats on the no pops or energy drinks! I couldn't make it thru the day without MT Dew!