• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[DEVS] the limit of max "lockdown" storage

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi devs.
Today, I have a suggestion for house storage.

I know how to increase the limit of max storage, and I have done already.
I have a consultation, how about add increasing the limit of max "lockdown" storage. (not a max storage)

I love classic house and live in two story villa.
(Yes, the villa is very nice and this is my most favorite house!)
I love villa's graphics, villa's usability, my house location...
But just one problem, the villa have a small limit for lockdown storage even if I activated the max storage limit.
My house is full of lockdowned items for house decoration.

Please take it into consideration, thank you.

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you can see where I am going with the below picture. while I agree that we should be able to have max storage in a classic house, no matter the size, don't rely on the Devs to give it to us. Use your ingenuity to get what you want.

upload_2016-7-24_8-33-53.png

Last edited:

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
superfrog, thanks for good idea.
It's great idea, but my house location is can not be build max storage plot...
Here is my memorial place so I can not move anywhere to get maxs.

Enziet

Journeyman
Good idea btw with the building for more storage.

My favorite house was the single floor that I could set my blacksmith's gear out on the patio. It was a pretty large layout, almost like a shop. Can't remember the name off the top of my head at the moment.

Don't we have the account upgrade as well as the multiple expansions that have added more storage? I would think that having too much storage on your house would be a very bad thing for people with not so great connections / pc's. It would take a solid minuet to load your house if ever they ran past by accident. (I remember a posting about this issue earlier).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And UOs reply will be "If you want more storage than open another account because we will lose to much money and have to close UO." I do not agree with that statement but the truth hurts no matter how you say it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And UOs reply will be "If you want more storage than open another account because we will lose to much money and have to close UO." I do not agree with that statement but the truth hurts no matter how you say it.
Probably true, I know my issue has always been character slots instead of storage

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still maintain that if they wanted to not only make money they could easily fix the storage problem by adding a new sub server that is basically a black empty land where you can by a "basement" for your house that pretty much is a teleporter that you put in your home.... it could be a graphic that looks like any of the current teleporters colored something different like blue or whatever.... or it could be a ladder sticking out of a hole (Yes this graphic already exists in-game) or a trapdoor on the floor with a ring... open or closed... or something completely new or whatever... but it would teleport you just like house teleporters do now to your own plot on this black land that is your "basement" that could add say the storage of a castle to your house. And this basement would be customizable with dungeon like tiles or any of the existing tiles but it would be only 1 or 2 floors. 32x32...

Heck they could charge you $20 to $25 bucks for it or even make it an upgrade to your account that costs say 2 or 3 bucks a month plus a $10 fee to buy it... and I'm pretty sure tons of players would buy it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste you can already do this and it only costs you $10 a month and gives you a bonus of more char slots to train. EA is not going to do this because they will lose to much money

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste you can already do this and it only costs you $10 a month and gives you a bonus of more char slots to train. EA is not going to do this because they will lose to much money
I've done that to the point where I'm not going to do it again.... and at present I've pretty much quit doing things in game that generate stuff. Save the EM Event. I honestly don't fish anymore, don't do T-Hunting, don't use my thief, don't do spawns, don't do anything in Eodon... pretty much quit playing because I have no where to put more stuff. So I'm done. Besides being extremely disgusted with the direction the game is taking and the "anyway you want to win, you win" ..... attitude of the team pretty much has made it so I don't want to play UO anymore.

I enjoy the EM Events I can attend for the event... not the stuff. Though the "fun" part of them is pretty well gone too since I haven't been able to loot anything... without looting and such the game is well... not fun.

While yes I could "get rid" of stuff.... but having spent years collecting things I would rather not just junk it. The mere idea of sorting through all my stuff and getting rid of things just makes me feel so bad that I can't bring myself to do it so I just don't play. The less I play the more I'm getting to the point where I can perhaps just shut off the accounts and walk away... I will say when THAT day comes.... I won't return ever. I know the pain of losing things in the game and like many others that will be the end for me.

So while I'm willing to shell out more money to add more storage I'm not willing to add another account... I've already gone and done that more than most and I won't add any more accounts. But yevery year just with the Gifts and stuff the game adds at least 30 to 100 items per character... and with all the characters I have that's thousands of items... so with no where to put them... I just don't care anymore and I'm not alone.

I don't play the game for profit.... never have... I don't play the game to make gold... I don't play to horde stuff either... used to be I'd play for the RP.... the community and such. But the community like the real world is getting to the point where I've grown intolerant of most of the behaviors of certain folk. People who play who remind me of the clicks in High School who always stood around judging everyone else and labeling them.. harassing others and insulting them and putting them down... and the more it goes on and is allowed the less I want to be around. Most of what I used to enjoy in the game has been replaced with boring grinds, poorly thought out and implemented changes that do more to benefit those cheating than those who are trying to play nice together... the more things promote being a total anti-social * the more I just want to quit. Many area's are so griefable that it takes all the fun out of the game.

So no I'm not going to invest another dime in another account.

Enziet

Journeyman
I said it before I'll say it again. Throw **** away! Not every little piece of garbage is worth keeping. Hell I've been getting drops of unique things that have absolutely No purposeful use besides just being there. Like a monsters hand, or a giant mushroom. Yeah if I ever decorate my house in the style of Halloween I can see them being useful but that is the only purpose too me.

I do not condone hoarding. It is a filthy lifestyle that breeds disease. Clean up your act you filthy animals! :twak:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I said it before I'll say it again. Throw **** away! Not every little piece of garbage is worth keeping. Hell I've been getting drops of unique things that have absolutely No purposeful use besides just being there. Like a monsters hand, or a giant mushroom. Yeah if I ever decorate my house in the style of Halloween I can see them being useful but that is the only purpose too me.

I do not condone hoarding. It is a filthy lifestyle that breeds disease. Clean up your act you filthy animals! :twak:
I used to spend a majority of my ingame time decorating and designing not only my own homes but homes for others... most of what I have are things that were used for that... or things I used to keep for new and returning players.

Beyond that I enjoyed collecting. But there is no joy in most of that anymore... I don't much have time to deco and design for others... some poor attitudes frustration over the way some of the tiles look and the lack of many complete tiles in many of the housing tiles sets have made it more frustrating than enjoyable of late.

I bought one expansion for the gothic and rustic sets and I will not buy any more of those expansions until they "finish" them by adding floor, roof tiles and doors for them. But since that's about as likely as it snowing tomorrow in Texas I am not holding my breath...

The only thing that has kept me from totally quitting UO has been the talk of the "Pet Revamp" ... but sadly from the sounds of things I'm going to be extremely disappointed with that too... but I'll wait and see... though I'm sick and tired of waiting for it and hearing things like "We'll look at that in the pet revamp." Which never comes... I've been waiting for it for 2 years at least now.... and now we have an expansion with pets you can't ride... though you should be able to ..... frustrating... that's all I can say.

I've found of late that the game is no longer fun and relaxing and an escape from stress..... it is a stress. So therefore my "enjoyment" level is at an all time low. Sadly I'm not alone. If you had asked me 3-5 years ago if I would be thinking of quitting in 5 years I'd have said No way. ... but things have changed.

Enziet

Journeyman
Hey to each their own. It's like the World of Warcraft addiction. Most of the players there arn't playing the game anymore because it is fun. They are playing because they have so much time and money invested into the damn game that quitting to them just seems like the whole experience was a useless waste of money. It wasn't though. You enjoyed playing the game at a time and just didn't know when to stop while you were ahead.

But hell thats what MMO's are a time / money pit. We choose the genre we play and enjoy, if your no longer having fun then quit. It makes no sense to me why people torture themselves with crap they no longer enjoy. Life is too short for stuff like that.

I've been playing for over 18 years now. I still find the game fun, but mostly due to player interaction, as I've experience most everything else the game has to offer content wise. If you can't find your happy place in game, I am pretty sure it's time to move on.

I know the devs are gona hate me for saying it but it's true.

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump for request to devs, again.
In this opinion, I just hope to raise lockdown-able limit to strage limit.
And, I don't want an infinite limit. (I know it's hard to realize)

I'll suggest this opinion on next dev's meet.
If devs can see this thread, pleaes consider this opinion.
Then we should be able to save another great proposal in dev's meet.

Best regards, thank you.