• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loyalty Rating Question

Elphlin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone,

Good morning. Happy Friday. :)

When reading the forums regarding loyalty rating, some have suggested donating boards to increase your loyalty rating in a city. Do I need to make several trips to donate boards or am I able to donate them all at once using a commodity deed?

Just curious as to how this works.

Thanks. :)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Commodity deeds unfortunately dont work, get a pack lama/horse or a rune beetle 3-4x times and ur done... Respected>adored

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am surprised you don't have to hand the boards in one at a time to be honest. Good old UO :heart:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone,

Good morning. Happy Friday. :)

When reading the forums regarding loyalty rating, some have suggested donating boards to increase your loyalty rating in a city. Do I need to make several trips to donate boards or am I able to donate them all at once using a commodity deed?

Just curious as to how this works.

Thanks. :)
Boards don't work that well. Get 4k ingots and you'll immediately go to respected. Someone on my ICQ list suggested boards when I was getting votes for the last election on LS, but I found that they suck - ingots were a much better option, so I went and bought a 60k deed.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boards don't work that well. Get 4k ingots and you'll immediately go to respected. Someone on my ICQ list suggested boards when I was getting votes for the last election on LS, but I found that they suck - ingots were a much better option, so I went and bought a 60k deed.
Yeah ingots are way better than boards, you only need like 15k i think

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another good way to get loyalty is by doing the trader quests. Start in the city you really want loyalty with and do the quest to take trade goods to another city. When you complete the quest, you get loyalty to both. I usually then take the quest from the city I just delivered to and take it to the next. Eventually you'll have Adored in all cities and will be able to buy and put up banners of each city by just one character. You also get rewards doing the quests: resources - including granite :) and scales :( as well as colored ingots and wood . If you don't take a moongate to go from one city to the other, you also have a rare chance to get a guild sign or a book, there are 28 different guild signs and 9 books (one for each city), when you get a city book, you will not get a duplicate one on that character, but you can get duplicate signs.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another good way to get loyalty is by doing the trader quests. Start in the city you really want loyalty with and do the quest to take trade goods to another city. When you complete the quest, you get loyalty to both. I usually then take the quest from the city I just delivered to and take it to the next. Eventually you'll have Adored in all cities and will be able to buy and put up banners of each city by just one character. You also get rewards doing the quests: resources - including granite :) and scales :( as well as colored ingots and wood . If you don't take a moongate to go from one city to the other, you also have a rare chance to get a guild sign or a book, there are 28 different guild signs and 9 books (one for each city), when you get a city book, you will not get a duplicate one on that character, but you can get duplicate signs.
This is an hour procedure im talking about a 2mins procedure here... Btw who cares about granite and resources anymore? U just buy them as cheap as chips

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it's not an hour, more like 20-30 hours to get enough loyalty.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm, I said 20-30 HOURS not minutes and that's probably low.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally like doing the quests... I often suggest that newer players working to gain skill do them. It helps get you stuff to sell as well as pinks you sometimes can use too.

But if points are all you are after then ingots is the way to go... depending on what city you want them in it can be a pain. Though you might think about putting that 60k ingot deed in the ships hold and going from there.... just saying.