• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Colored dragons?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I having a flashback from the old days or are there now chocolate colored dragons in game? Someone in general chat Atl is calling the one he's selling medusa blood colored?? I'm confused. Destard, Deamon Temple all same ol' same ol'...maybe it's event pet like Banes?

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are not deleted on sight, I've had mine for YEARS, play my tamer (the Empire) almost daily and never had an issue.

If anything, they would remove the color, not delete it.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. Even some of the horses were whatever hue the dragons were. I counted 3 greaters that color and 2 horses and thought maybe they were event items or some new content I missed.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When fighting Medusa, your pet will get stoned, there are a couple of bugs that pop up from time to time that will cause your pet to retain that color.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are not deleted on sight, I've had mine for YEARS, play my tamer (the Empire) almost daily and never had an issue.

Ah I was given false information then....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Yepp.. the only colored dragons that are delete/change on site are the green ones from another bug that existed at one point. But.. I would not worry too much about the colored ones. From what has been said by Mesanna and/or Kyronix "tasteful" pet colors are being done in the upcoming Pet Revamp.

I would look for their post and quote it here but am too busy to do so.. sorry :)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't the bugged colored pets from Medusa just revert to original colors after server down?
I thought I'd heard someone say that but I've never had one to test so....

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't the bugged colored pets from Medusa just revert to original colors after server down?
I thought I'd heard someone say that but I've never had one to test so....
No they remain same color after death or at server restart, until u get reported and a GM pops out to delete it as far as i know, or change its color

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So much incorrect information. Mesanna has said that these till not be deleted or color changed back. Move along...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know that they ever deleted them. I've had mine for years- like within the first month or so it was possible. I've never hidden it or tried to conceal it.

That's one of the problems with not having an active official voice. And one of the things I hate the most about UO and the way it's managed. Ever since the original dev team departed, communication has never been reliable or consistent other than very short brief periods. Even Five on Friday, while cool, didn't often answer the real questions the community had.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this even able to be done anymore? I could of sworn i read someplace that the bug was fixed.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh ok i was wondering why i was seeing so many for sale as of late...makes sense now :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess someone worked out how to consistently recreate the bug.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, wish i knew how to do it just so i could get one lol..200 mill for one is crazy.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
200 mil? Damn, i need to sell my dragon... I'd do it for 70 mil.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks - Let's remember that we can't give directions/details on how to perform bugs or exploits even if it isn't something that is necessarily being spotted by GMs/Devs and deleted.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Folks - Let's remember that we can't give directions/details on how to perform bugs or exploits even if it isn't something that is necessarily being spotted by GMs/Devs and deleted.
If the result of an action has been deemed legal, then isn't it technically a feature not an exploit?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If the result of an action has been deemed legal, then isn't it technically a feature not an exploit?

Has it been deemed legal? To my knowledge it hasn't been.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has it been deemed legal? To my knowledge it hasn't been.
If Mesanna has said the dragons are not going to be changed or deleted, then that seems like they are legal to me... I know I have seen plenty of them used at various events.