• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question On Renaming A Pet.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to rename a pet with spaces if the spaces are gone? Meaning if the pets name is agreenbird and I want to rename it a green bird is it possible to on the CC? I remember the EC could but when I last downloaded it I wasn't able to on there either. Any info is appreciated. Thanks :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The CC is incapable of putting spaces in a pets name. You have to use the EC.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MalagAste~ yea unfortunately that's the client i use so i'm downloading the EC right now.. thank you :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
In the EC, clicking on the pet and using the "rename" tab wont work. But if you right-click in the pet, you can.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think though, if you put spaces in your pet's name, he no longer will respond to commands that include his name. Maybe someone knows a workaround for this, but I would like to put spaces in also but never able to call pets by name after doing so.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parnoc~ i was able to command my pets with no issue after changing their names i'm not sure why it wouldn't work before? I changed it in the EC and then went back to the CC that i normally run.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think though, if you put spaces in your pet's name, he no longer will respond to commands that include his name. Maybe someone knows a workaround for this, but I would like to put spaces in also but never able to call pets by name after doing so.
This is correct... Unless you use the all commands they won't respond.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parnoc~ i was able to command my pets with no issue after changing their names i'm not sure why it wouldn't work before? I changed it in the EC and then went back to the CC that i normally run.
With spaces in the names and they still responded to your named commands?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have macros set for All Follow Me, All Stay that sorta thing. When i changed my pets name and added spaces they still listened, however i never call my pet by its given name like Fido Come. So perhaps thats what Malagaste was meaning?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have macros set for All Follow Me, All Stay that sorta thing. When i changed my pets name and added spaces they still listened, however i never call my pet by its given name like Fido Come. So perhaps thats what Malagaste was meaning?
Right that's what I mean you can do the "All" commands but if you say "Hell Bug follow me" ..... He'll ignore you.