• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if there has been any plans to change the spellweaving requirements for a skilled focus to a more realistic number for the smaller shards? Getting 2 characters is bad enough to get a focus on the smaller shards and even on Atl it's not easy to get even 4 people for focus, rarely get 6. Considering the length of time to level spellweaving, the death of shards and player base I've considered running multiple clients with one legendary spellweaver and 4 gm or better mules but damn, that seems like a lot of work PLUS I'm not sure how legal it is to run more than one client, even if it is as "innocent" as being able to leave 4 mules on the circle in Britain for focus for the occasional players and myself on the smaller servers.

So, the original question is, does anyone here know if there are plans to make getting a focus less of a hassle on deadish shards or late nights? Who could I speak to regarding this that could actually make it possible if they so desired??

This has probably been requested many times but with the lack of players it's difficult if not impossible to get a focus on small shards or even the remaining larger shards.

Thanks for constructive and informative replies.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a spellweaving primer. The higher your mastery level the less people you need to get a six.

Acquiring the primer might be a challenge...

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a spellweaving primer. The higher your mastery level the less people you need to get a six.

Acquiring the primer might be a challenge...

Thank you, I will find one or buy one. Last one I saw for sale was 30m, wish I had gotten it now.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you, I will find one or buy one. Last one I saw for sale was 30m, wish I had gotten it now.
A Level II shouldn't cost too much, and will still help with getting a six. The price of a Level III really depends on your shard. GL tends to fluctuate between 7 - 20mil.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Level II shouldn't cost too much, and will still help with getting a six. The price of a Level III really depends on your shard. GL tends to fluctuate between 7 - 20mil.

Thank you! I found primer 2 for next to nothing and then decided to get 3 as well and now I can get a 6 thanks to your info :)

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So both of them need primers for you to get a level 6 focus or just the one casting focus?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just your own character, and the other weaver could be just GM - as long as both weavers are within 20 points in skill level.