• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gold for Training from NPCs

Elphlin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone,

I have been away from the game for a long time and I am looking forward to being back and seeing what things have changed since I have been gone (It has been a few years).

I know this is a loaded question, but are there any major things that have happened that I should know about? What events are currently going on? I checked the UO website but did not see a lot of information.

I also noticed that the old system of gold and checks has been replaced with a running balance through the bank. How would someone get gold to drag on to NPCs when requesting training from them. They say, for example, that basic training can be given in a skill for 310 gold but there is no gold to drag on to them and it does not withdraw it from the bank. My initial thoughts is to do NPC quests for gold piles but that is not the best use of time if the money is already in the bank.

Thanks. :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi everyone,

I have been away from the game for a long time and I am looking forward to being back and seeing what things have changed since I have been gone (It has been a few years).

I know this is a loaded question, but are there any major things that have happened that I should know about? What events are currently going on? I checked the UO website but did not see a lot of information.

I also noticed that the old system of gold and checks has been replaced with a running balance through the bank. How would someone get gold to drag on to NPCs when requesting training from them. They say, for example, that basic training can be given in a skill for 310 gold but there is no gold to drag on to them and it does not withdraw it from the bank. My initial thoughts is to do NPC quests for gold piles but that is not the best use of time if the money is already in the bank.

Thanks. :)

First off - welcome back!

Regarding your 'loaded question', maybe this link will help: A Summary for Returning Players – Ultima Online

Enziet's answer describes basic command of how you get physical gold in your pack.

If you end up on Atlantic and need any help, feel free to give me on holler. Best of luck :)

Elphlin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone. It's good to be back. I have another question. Is there an item that can be crafted or purchased that is a bookcase that will store runebooks? I think it will look better in a house than a chest would.

Thanks again. :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most stack them with wooden benches like (dropped first thus bottom to top)

bench
book
bench
book
.. so on

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WB, we missed ya :)

Also, check out the runic atlas's. They hold 3 full rune books, have a nicer gump, and make life easier in general.
If you can't stand the direction they face (like me), you can lock them down & turn them with a house deco tool.
They sure helped clean up a few of my character's packs !