• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time limit on lvl 7 tmaps?

Gunsmoke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was doing a lvl 7 tmap in fel. and yes got alot of frost dragons!!! so in about in an hr there where 70 items in chest and POOF.. it all deleted!!! i looked up tring to figure that out but i under the rules of cartography it says nothing about a time limit.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its not a time limit on the tmap itself, Just anything that's one the ground or in a box on the ground disappears after about 45min to an hour. I would suggest if you cant kill the dragons fast enough, drag them away and loot the rest.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not a time limit on the tmap itself, Just anything that's one the ground or in a box on the ground disappears after about 45min to an hour. I would suggest if you cant kill the dragons fast enough, drag them away and loot the rest.
You have to kill the stuff that pops (guardians) or you cannot loot the chest, you cannot just drag them off.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yikes. Theoretically possible to get 8 frost dragons at once, I suppose. I've had 3 at once, and that map took almost 40 minutes to solo.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if I'd encountered that many frost dragons I'd have put out a call for some help, either in Alliance chat or general chat.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your using a dragon - a trick for frost dragons is to keep him from flying crazy when he gets low on health is to constantly click him attacking him with your character. that will keep him in 1 place for your dragon to finish him off. (personally I use WOD to finish him)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's a bummer to lose the chest, but at the same time... Level 7 maps are probably not meant to be solo'ed. Gotta come up with a plan to attack/segregate spawn and then share some of the booty accordingly.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a bummer to lose the chest, but at the same time... Level 7 maps are probably not meant to be solo'ed. Gotta come up with a plan to attack/segregate spawn and then share some of the booty accordingly.
As a "change of pace" the guild I belong to will have a T-map dig as our weekly guild hunt. We all kill the spawn, but we go down the list, with each chest in order "belonging" to someone. It works out pretty well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As a "change of pace" the guild I belong to will have a T-map dig as our weekly guild hunt. We all kill the spawn, but we go down the list, with each chest in order "belonging" to someone. It works out pretty well.
We used to do something like this in UWF as well as an unofficial guild hunt, whereby one member would usually have a handful of level 5 and level 6 t-maps and just go run them with the group... each person getting their own chest. It's a good learning experience too, as maps will often put you in places you hadn't known about or been to in a long time, in addition to having younger players develop an understanding of the entire treasure hunting process.

Personally, I feel the loot could use a little tweaking... although that goes to be said about a lot of areas about this game. It's still a fun process for everyone to learn.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We used to do something like this in UWF as well as an unofficial guild hunt, whereby one member would usually have a handful of level 5 and level 6 t-maps and just go run them with the group... each person getting their own chest. It's a good learning experience too, as maps will often put you in places you hadn't known about or been to in a long time, in addition to having younger players develop an understanding of the entire treasure hunting process.

Personally, I feel the loot could use a little tweaking... although that goes to be said about a lot of areas about this game. It's still a fun process for everyone to learn.
I agree about the loot. It would be nice to have a little better shot at a few "high end" items with each lvl 6 or 7 chest. Especially the Tram and Fel ones!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why solo-ing in a mmorpg?
Play Ultima 7 if you like this.
Because the loot in chests - even L7 - isn't good enough to make a group hunt worthwhile. There are solo activities in this game - look at a lot of abyss spawns

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not everybody has the luxury of playing in groups. I get 2-3 hours each week to play games, usually at 6-9am Saturday mornings.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not everybody has the luxury of playing in groups. I get 2-3 hours each week to play games, usually at 6-9am Saturday mornings.
That understandable... but we shouldn't simplify everything to be solo-able for that reason. Otherwise it would take the challenge away from the people who do want to do these higher level maps in a group.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That understandable... but we shouldn't simplify everything to be solo-able for that reason. Otherwise it would take the challenge away from the people who do want to do these higher level maps in a group.
You mean there's *nothing else* that requires multiple people to accomplish? While I solo L7 maps, I've never been able to do "the roof", shadowguard, myrmadex, and champ spawns.

And where did you read that we should "simplify everything?" That's a straw man you setup and knocked down all by yourself. You shouldn't be able to solo your own logical fallacies, you should be forced to do that in a group.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not grouping has nothing to do with the difficulty of the map. You can't do groups with t-maps anymore because the loot is so ****ty no one wants to do em!!!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You mean there's *nothing else* that requires multiple people to accomplish? While I solo L7 maps, I've never been able to do "the roof", shadowguard, myrmadex, and champ spawns.

And where did you read that we should "simplify everything?" That's a straw man you setup and knocked down all by yourself. You shouldn't be able to solo your own logical fallacies, you should be forced to do that in a group.
You might have a hard time soloing Scalis as well - a great group endeavor with loot that makes it worthwhile

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
there aren't enough people on baja to get help to do a level 7. You have to solo most things...it's just the way the game is going.