• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco UI help

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just started playing again after a long absence and I am trying to use the EC and Pinco's UI.
Can anyone please tell me what the little stars mean in the item pictures on jewelry, weapons and armour?
Also what exactly does 'brittle' mean, do things break easier?
How can I tell if an item is insured or blessed?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place and thank you for any help in advance!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you just came back I suggest you turn off the New Properties Layout, by going to User Settings, Item Properties and removing the checkmark from Enable New Item Properties Layout. This will put it back to what you're used to seeing. Brittle means you can't use Powder of Fortification on it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also be advised that since the most recent expansion and patches, Pinco's tends to bog down at spawns more than EC, and you don't every want to open a public boss corpse with Pinco's trying to sort the loot. It's still great for crafting, sorting loot at home, tmaps, gathering seeds and other functions though.
See the thread
Anyone else having Lag issues since latest Patch?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you Yadd, I didn't know about that, I will have to read up, I am finding the EC a bit of a steep learning curve anyway!

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: Are there any legality concerns with client modding EC like this? Has UO approved Pinco's? I'd like to check it out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question: Are there any legality concerns with client modding EC like this? Has UO approved Pinco's? I'd like to check it out.
NO the EC is designed to be moded... much like WoW and many other modern games.. including Final Fantasy Online...

So yes UO approves Pinco's. Infact they had hired him to redo the default UI for the EC. So yes you can mod the EC.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just started playing again after a long absence and I am trying to use the EC and Pinco's UI.
Can anyone please tell me what the little stars mean in the item pictures on jewelry, weapons and armour?
Also what exactly does 'brittle' mean, do things break easier?
How can I tell if an item is insured or blessed?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place and thank you for any help in advance!
This is Pinco's Wiki on his site, I have found almost everything I had questions for just by looking on here.
Pinco's UI Wiki

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you Parnoc, I will give that a read, I need to find ways to reduce clicking as I am prone to tendonitis! Finding auto-run has been a big help too...