• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What high end monsters are good for gathering hides and such?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just trained my gatherer from 8 modest skills to 120's. What bigger badder monsters give good resources? Brown Bears, Ratmen, and Dragons are way to whimpy now. Lesser Hiryu give 66 leather each, what gives the other leathers in quantity?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Plains Boura - you can do the quests that require it and the hides at the same time

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Plains Boura - you can do the quests that require it and the hides at the same time
I trained my Discord & Provo hunting them from 90 to 110 something. Had serious piles of hides, furs, meat, and blood. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to get my resources in Fel because they are doubled.
A nice feature prodo has, I travel Siege though, all fel rules, but we don't get that. Sadly it's just prodo bait to draw prey into fel for pkers, not part of the fel ruleset.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry I didn't notice that you were on Siege!
I guess I should of looked at your banner! Hehe

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Park a boat by Wyvern Island and farm them for Horned. Barbed I just raid Merch Ships now days doesn't take long to collect tens of thousands of barbed. Plus you get the ag, verite and val ignots at a far better rate than mining. Spined just hit the sleeping dragon spawn its full of lizerd men. Not sure why you want to do high end stuff to farm hides when you can collect far more per hour doing low to mid level stuff.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*flexs* Woooooo!!!! Yer goin' down!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*flexs* Woooooo!!!! Yer goin' down!
Afterward Kelmo will say "Another Win for Dirty Mike and the Boys!" While you were distracted with Thunder Chicken Dirty Mike was Bench Pressing the Wind Mountains!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
White Wyrms in Ice are good for farming Barbed Leather. On a prodo shard, i farm them in Fel with a Human char using the Harvester's Blade, so i get 50 Barbed Leather per, and they spawn fairly fast.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
White Wyrms in Ice are good for farming Barbed Leather. On a prodo shard, i farm them in Fel with a Human char using the Harvester's Blade, so i get 50 Barbed Leather per, and they spawn fairly fast.
Mugging merchant ships is the best way to gather barbed leather. Only hassle is some days all you find are pirates so you wind up hunting in Destard if you really need the leather for something. I dumped 15k plus as a library donation so I'm currently nearly out of barbed. Got to go sailing or go Provo some dragons one of these days.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For normal leather, I find that Thrasher at Blighted Grove to produce large amounts in a very short time.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For normal leather, I find that Thrasher at Blighted Grove to produce large amounts in a very short time.
Lesser Hiyru are good as well. They die quickly and gave me 66 regular leather each. Toss the hides beside the corpse and do a hide run every half dozen you kill.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mugging merchant ships is the best way to gather barbed leather. Only hassle is some days all you find are pirates so you wind up hunting in Destard if you really need the leather for something. I dumped 15k plus as a library donation so I'm currently nearly out of barbed. Got to go sailing or go Provo some dragons one of these days.
I am assuming you are merch hunting the Tokuno isles. I have found that is the sea South of Zento is all pirates, that the sea North of the Wolf House is heavy on Merchants and the reverse. One day that little bay by Yamadon Point that is hard to get a ship into had 3 Tokuno ships and a Garg Ship of the merch variety stuck in it. They really need to put more pirates and merch ships in more places like O say around Bucs Den in Fel. A pirate island with no pirates :(