• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire works banners

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, that's not all of the shards . . .
Not funny really when you have been out all day and when you log on its already gone. Wonder what time it went on Europa - not a holiday here people at work.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not funny really when you have been out all day and when you log on its already gone. Wonder what time it went on Europa - not a holiday here people at work.
I have a few extra you can have Bobar, will hand them over next time I see you at the Bank meet *smiles*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Typical behavior of the current team... IMO.

They like to cater to the rares community and keeping things rare by having the clicky only last a short while is pretty much par for the course.

Personally it disgusts me that a "gift" is only given to the first few who happen to be about at the moment.

I know the GLs clicky said 5 days... so I don't know. But it IMO it ought to last 5 days and your right.... having it last only a day or two over a holiday weekend when many people are gone with family is really pancake behavior if you ask me.

And I work 12 hour weekends and have about 2 hours or less to be on the computer between working/eating and sleeping... I'm glad I took the time to grab a few on my home shard and Siege before they were gone.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I hadn't run across this thread I'd never have known about the fireworks banner.

Terrible...absolutely terrible. Just one more item to add to the list on why the current team is the worst Dev Team in UOs history.
Yeah ... I'm out of town until yesterday, see this thread and go ingame to snag one or two for the house (LA). Nope ... none to be had. <sarcasm> Really appreciate being able to get a banner or two on my home shard! </sarcasm> Jeez. :mad:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They like to cater to the rares community and keeping things rare by having the clicky only last a short while is pretty much par for the course.
To be fair, if they wanted to create a rare like that they wouldn't have made it 1 per character, it would have been 1 per account.

Making it 1 per character and having the Atlantic clicky stay there the longest means that these will basically be worthless from a rares collecting standpoint. They will sell on vendors for about 100k-500k at the most like every other 1 per character item in the past. I only have 4 accounts and I could have gotten 28 of them by myself.... not rare at all.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does occur to me that the recent gift of the fireworks banner ( which was gone when i logged in, but was a nice gift) is really showing the insularity of the dev team or somebody directing it. This is a multi-national game, All who play, pay the same and are entitled to the same treatment. Now the 4th July is an AMERICAN celebration, no complaints with that or the idea of a gift for it. But it brings me back to the question of Easter. Easter is a WORLDWIDE celebration observed in most countries in the world.
So with regard to singularity we have ---
4th July - Gift - All Shards.
Easter - NO gifts - NADA.

To my mind at least not a great way to run a railway. I think the decision not to recognise Easter was a poor one at the very least.

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not happy, I work hard scribing at nights and not one person said anything to me. I just stumbled across the one on ATL but does me no good on the shards I have houses on as they were already gone.....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm not happy, I work hard scribing at nights and not one person said anything to me. I just stumbled across the one on ATL but does me no good on the shards I have houses on as they were already gone.....
shard you are on?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
back to the question of Easter. Easter is a WORLDWIDE celebration observed in most countries in the world.
So with regard to singularity we have ---
4th July - Gift - All Shards.
Easter - NO gifts - NADA.
Lets also not forget that there WAS an Easter Gift (The Bunny Painting) but one can only surmise they scrapped it after countless people came to Stratics to complain about its artwork. Was there ever an official reason for what happened to it?

Also your argument is flawed. There are also many countries worldwide that have a holiday where they set off fireworks (Its not like the item says 4th of July on it). Japan has the Tanabata festival for one which begins on July 7th. So the 2 biggest regions UO handles Japan + USA both have major holidays in July that also involve fireworks.

Catering to your 2 biggest markets isnt a surprise.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets also not forget that there WAS an Easter Gift (The Bunny Painting) but one can only surmise they scrapped it after countless people came to Stratics to complain about its artwork. Was there ever an official reason for what happened to it?

Also your argument is flawed. There are also many countries worldwide that have a holiday where they set off fireworks (Its not like the item says 4th of July on it). Japan has the Tanabata festival for one which begins on July 7th. So the 2 biggest regions UO handles Japan + USA both have major holidays in July that also involve fireworks.

So there WAS an Easter gift (although there wasn't) what kind of argument is that?.Either there was, or there was not and as nobody received one I suspect it must have been the latter. Whether it was intended to give a gift is not relevant. the end result was they did not.

Are you seriously telling me that the issue of a fireworks banner on the 4th July has anything to do with Japan?. In the UK we traditionally have fireworks on the 5th November, will there be a gift of a banner then too? - of course there will not.

My argument was simply that this is an International game so why recognise a National holiday for a specific region. The people in the rest of the world pay EXACTLY the same as those in the 2 major areas, so a gift for a National event and NOT one for an International one fails to recognise this. Exactly where is the flaw in this argument?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the UK we traditionally have fireworks on the 5th November, will there be a gift of a banner then too?
Does the one we just got not work for that?

You are all about this worldwide thing, yet you are pushing the idea of Easter so hard. There are many people in the world who do not celebrate Easter. So UO should only cater to the Christian holidays? Or would you like them to give a gift out for every other religion's major holidays?

Cant please everyone. Not with an Easter Gift nor with a Fireworks banner. At least the Fireworks banner has nothing to do with religion and is a nice generic gift given out during a month where UO's 2 biggest markets have a holiday where they set off fireworks.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree it is a nice gift and it would be even better if you got one. This thread is full of posts from people who did not, which includes me by the time i logged on the clicky was already gone. Fortunately I have been given one by a friend but there will be many who miss out. Not very well organised and not a word from above relating to the short time frame which many also expected. Many working people in the UK and Europe will not be happy.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My argument was simply that this is an International game so why recognise a National holiday for a specific region.
It could be because
Electronic Arts Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
United States
or
Broadsword
Washington D.C. Metro Area United States

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not like we haven't had fireworks stuff before... When you create a character you get a Fireworks wand... we've had those at least 3 times that I can think of.... as well as a staff we got one year and bottled fireworks another time... so it shouldn't be a shock.

Maybe they should just quit giving out anything at all. No EM drops, no gifts, no anniversary stuff and only sell the stuff in the store.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Catskill Baja and Lake Superior
ok just checked I have one banner on each shard, you welcome to all three. I wished I had been able to get more on all the shards but was hard pressed with events, guilds stuff and real life. If you have icq my number is posted in the profile, or reach out and hit me on facebook, my names is also posted there in the profile. Or PM me here as to when and where we can meet so I may pass the banners to you.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I think your argument that there was a painting, and it was scrapped because of complaints on Stratics is funny. However people are so quick to chime in that a majority of uo players don't even frequent these pages, yet they influence worldwide events..

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your argument that there was a painting, and it was scrapped because of complaints on Stratics is funny. However people are so quick to chime in that a majority of uo players don't even frequent these pages, yet they influence worldwide events..
Thank you for saying that so I didn't have to.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's thursday the 7th and I just found out about this, despite logging on daily.......the dev team doesn't impress me much these days, either..... the lack of announcing things, like these banners displays an "oh well" attitude. I been around a long time and have seen better,,,,,

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Drat! was outta town. Guess i gotta buy some :) Cool gift though--thanks Developers :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know why they keep putting the clickies in britain - it's so annoying to have to log in my characters in luna, run them all the way to britain, click the stupid thing and then run them all the way back to luna - couldn't they just give up on this idea that they're gonna magically repopulate the west britain back like it's 1999 and acknowledge that everyone's in luna now and put the damn thing where the f'ing people actually are - so annoying

there are no vendors anywhere near the west britain back - that's never gonna change - give up on the nostalgia already

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know why they keep putting the clickies in britain - it's so annoying to have to log in my characters in luna, run them all the way to britain, click the stupid thing and then run them all the way back to luna - couldn't they just give up on this idea that they're gonna magically repopulate the west britain back like it's 1999 and acknowledge that everyone's in luna now and put the damn thing where the f'ing people actually are - so annoying

there are no vendors anywhere near the west britain back - that's never gonna change - give up on the nostalgia already
Why even do a clicky, just log in like the anv. gifts and have it go into your back pack.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree I don't know why we have to get gifts as a clicky but like I said ... Would you rather they just put all new items on the store and you can spend Sovereigns on them if you want it...

Personally I log all my off homeshard characters at the Inn in Haven... Since I HATE Luna. I have no problem running to Britain and back. Often on many shards someone near the gate in Luna or Yew often has one of those crystal balls open to the public which is pretty nice. I rather think it would be nice if they had one of those crystal portal things at Haven bank for newbs to use...

At any rate a gift is nice but it's not really very nice if you never say a word about it until the clicky is pretty much gone... and if you are going to put out clickies that say they have 5 days..... they should have 5 days. Just my opinion.