• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brainstorming about upgrade of old Artifacts

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really wish the Devs would take a look at all the old artifacts. Allow some to be imbuable and add 1-2 extra mods to the rest.

DOOM
Hat of the Magi - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia was used a lot in the past.
Add 8 LMC and 20 LRC and it may be used again. Maybe add a little more resist to PH and Fire.

Frostbringer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, I'm an archer, I would never use this bow.
Add Hit Cold areal 50% and randum 10 HCI or 10 DCI or Balanced

Ring of the Elements - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, add 1 FC, 2 FCR and increase the luck to 200 and it will be used to mix with randum loot

Staff of the Magi - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, add some mods for young mages, 15 LRC and a randum slayer.

Bracelet of Health - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, add 25 DI and 25 EP

Just start with a few, maybe lets help Devs, do some brainstorming, how to improve this old artifacts without making them to powerful

Others Artifacts:
Heart of the Lion - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia and Violet Courage - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
upgrade the Luck to 200
Add randum 2 off: 10 SI, 10 MI, 10 HPI, MR 3, HPR 3 or SR 3

Nox Ranger's Heavy Crossbow - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Upgrade SSI to 50%, HSL to 50%, DI to 50%
Add randum 10 DCI, 10 HCI, 50 hit poison areal

Fey Leggings - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Remove elf only
Add 5% resist to fire, cold and poison
Add randum 2 of: 20 LRC, 10 LMC, 3 MR, 3 HPR, 10 MI, 10 SI

Captain Quacklebush's Cutlass - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Add a randum slayer or 150 luck or hit something 50%

Forged Pardon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Upgrade it to remove upto 5 Murder counts

Craftables:
http://www.uoguide.com/Cold_Forged_Blade
Add a randum slayer or DCI 10 or HCI 10

http://www.uoguide.com/Essence_of_Battle
Allow imbuing of 2 mods

I will add more ideas, add yours

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i didn't understand why they stop letting us imbue the artifacts.In some ways I don't care what the dev do with this but crafting has been somewhat destroyed with the new loot. this wont help in this area but its too late now anyway. seems like we are powerful enough. most of the work/revamp the devs have done over the past year or 2 is now, mostly not worth doing. shadow guard is the place to be. I would rather the dev work on account management, store, bugs, improving and making ec and cc on even playing field ect... we need to get rid of all forged pardons, there are no reds. I'm sick of getting murder counts defending a champ from blues, so lame. my red will never be blue. some are not bad ideas, I just dont think we need them right now. just my opinions.
" I never want someone to work on my car, I want them to fix it " lol

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I like the idea, but I have to agree with Arm, its a little too late now, I would rather they slowly get them useless items out of the game and bring in new arties,
The ones that Shadowguard drop, have replaced many of the older arties, I think thats the way to go, Id leave the old ones as they are, maybe even make them super high turn in points to incentivice maybe some people to try get them, but new arties should be coming out yearly, to make us all change suits and templates as the game progresses. If I am not wrong, the arties used before SG came out where arties that came out years and years ago, Crimmy,Sashes,Tangle,Prime Arms, Slither....etc
Since SG, now we have hawkwinds, Cameos, Minax sandal, Juonars books etc... that mostly all have some sort of handy use, they really thought it out this time but as usual there is the odd item that is complete and utter rubbish, Gregors shield, Balakai staff, Lerei hunting spear.....

So thats my point of view, bring new stuff in, changing the old I can see some problems arising.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I love all of these ideas. I think EVERY artifact needs to be given a second look (not all necessarily need to be changed or updated).

Peerless boss loot... not just artifacts, but also the ingredients, need to be given a second look, too. Some of them are just worthless now because they're only used to make a few artifacts that no one has any use for. Find other ways to incorporate them or add other 'craftable' artifacts that are worth while.

In addition... we need more options for the sash and earrings equipment slots.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frostbringer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, I'm an archer, I would never use this bow.
Add Hit Cold areal 50% and randum 10 HCI or 10 DCI or Balanced
Change it to:

Balanced
100% hit cold area
50% Hit fatigue
50% HLD
50% HML
30% SSI
50% DI
100% cold damage.

Hit fatigue and HLD to give it the appearance of "freezing" targets. 100% hit cold for high damage area attacks, bringing the frost. The rest for utility.

I'd change it to:

+20 Healing
+10 Str
+10 HP
+10 HPR
+30% Hit Life Leech.

All on theme of enhancing/supporting health. Unique property of HLL could be very useful.

ALSO: Have all doom bosses have a chance to drop specially hued books that give a fiction explanation of the gauntlet, the artifacts, and the bosses. This game needs in game fiction. The Dark Father should be an important global villain, IMO.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I would love to see these old artifacts upgraded the sad fact is its not gonna happen. I'm sure it will be added to the "list" of stuff and that will be it.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would make actual "artifacts" drop with their assigned values and get a legendary arti intensity roll as well. Lower the drop chance significantly and don't grandfather in existing artis. This would establish an actual endgame and make a lot more than a handful of bosses worth farming.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Ok ive had a mad idea, why not a polish same as we have to change resists for DCI/HCI, but that we can use on legendaries to get rid of a mod and added another or something!!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea, but I have to agree with Arm, its a little too late now, I would rather they slowly get them useless items out of the game and bring in new arties,
I mean if they changed the stats on the items then they would, functionally, be new, wouldn't they?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here's what I'm going to guess (and hope):
The developers are going to continue focusing on Eodon Valley for most of the rest of this year, rounding out the expansion into the rest of the new facet. That's not to say there won't be any additional add-ons in the future to this area beyond this year, but I am going to guess there are atleast two more meaningful publishes they would like to make before the end of the year that focuses on this primary objective before switching attention to other items.

After that, what I am HOPING they do is start to clear up all of these bugs / suggestions, and go back and take a look at ideas like this and give it the old college try to improve some of these areas. That includes addressing some of the PvP issues that have been brought up, giving consideration to changing artifacts / loot tables / crafting, and all of the other noteworthy complaints / comments / suggestions that has been sitting in the pipeline. There is more than enough in the backlog for them to work on, and it's going to be at their discretion where to focus their limited resources. Not everyone will be happy with what they choose to look at, but that's how it always is going to be.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is PLENTY of game material in UO. I do not understand why they keep adding stuff, like mediocre valley of Eodon. We have 50+ peerless, champs, I don't even know how many dungeons any more. We have Trammel, Feluca, Ilshenar, Malas, etc... 80 + skills, many craftables, many artifacts, artifact drop system, imbuing... the list goes on and on and on...WHY KEEP ADDING MORE. This is stupid, and it is what kills this game. All the old artifacts need to be balanced, it should have done LONG time ago along with the introduction of imbuing. Everytime you add something new to the game, the old stuff becomes RUINS. UO is full of ancient ruins...

Another big problem is that the game has become static. God. instead of adding new material, add dynamics to it!. People get bored of doing dreadhorn? cause it has been the same for years?. Change something in the dreadhorn quest then, say dreadhorn died or whatever and his cousin came for vengeance with UPDATED artifacts. Don't make a new map that looks like from a gameboy game, with a oversized turtle and a mini version of greater dragon. Shadowguard is pretty cool, but it could have been added somewhere in the ruins of ilshenar.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I mean if they changed the stats on the items then they would, functionally, be new, wouldn't they?
In a way yes, as you are changing teh mods, but still the same Hat of the Magi, or any artie from back in the day.
Like I mentioned on my earlier post, I really like what the new SG drops has brought, as it has changed a lots of peoples templates and suits.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or since the devs seem to like to over complicate stuff, add in a semi-rare drop that you can used to combine with old artifacts with smith / tailor / imbue, ect to create a new item.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a way yes, as you are changing teh mods, but still the same Hat of the Magi, or any artie from back in the day.
Like I mentioned on my earlier post, I really like what the new SG drops has brought, as it has changed a lots of peoples templates and suits.
Different stats would change people's templates and suits... Especially if the redesign is a signficant change. I guess I don't understand how the two are different to you.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just make a turn in guy for them, and let us trade them to move up, like with ToT and them

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my solution, which combines make crafting and old artifacts more useful... Why not a new set of craftable artis that are on par with some of the new loot/artis that ... wait for it ... use the old and outdated artis as a crafting ingredient?

For example:
Merlins Braclet:
1 faster casting
3 faster cast recovery
20 Lrc
8 Lmc
+ 10 mana increase
+ 3 mana regen
+ 18 SDI
+ 15 random magic skill

Crafting requirements:
1 orny
1 braclet of health
1 alchemist bauble
1 lich dust
10 relic frags

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Here is my solution, which combines make crafting and old artifacts more useful... Why not a new set of craftable artis that are on par with some of the new loot/artis that ... wait for it ... use the old and outdated artis as a crafting ingredient?

For example:
Merlins Braclet:
1 faster casting
3 faster cast recovery
20 Lrc
8 Lmc
+ 10 mana increase
+ 3 mana regen
+ 18 SDI
+ 15 random magic skill

Crafting requirements:
1 orny
1 braclet of health
1 alchemist bauble
1 lich dust
10 relic frags
I think this is a great general idea, especially if the recipes can be for Tinkers, Blacksmiths, and Tailors, so that craafters can have cool things they can make.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For example:
Merlins Braclet:
1 faster casting
3 faster cast recovery
20 Lrc
8 Lmc
+ 10 mana increase
+ 3 mana regen
+ 18 SDI
+ 15 random magic skill

Crafting requirements:
1 orny
1 braclet of health
1 alchemist bauble
1 lich dust
10 relic frags
I think this is a great general idea, especially if the recipes can be for Tinkers, Blacksmiths, and Tailors, so that craafters can have cool things they can make.
Same. I would use the **** out of that bracelet. But maybe make it 2/4 instead of 1/3?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same. I would use the **** out of that bracelet. But maybe make it 2/4 instead of 1/3?
I don't really have any set stats in mind... just something that would be on par with some of the Exodus or Virtuebane level loot. My thought was to take existing arties from various places and be able to combine them:

Orny = Doom
Bracelet of Health = Doom (or perhaps the new Covetous one)
Alchemist Bauble = Tmaps
Lich Dust = Primeval Spawn

There are plenty of other types of combos:
Maybe a complimentary:
Anon's Ring:
1 Faster Casting
3 Faster Cast Recovery
20 Lrc
8 Lmc
10 Hit point increase
3 Hit point regen
18 SDI
+15 Wrestling/Parry/Inscribe/Alchemy

Crafting Requirements:
1 Burning Amber (Stygian Dragon)
1 Compassions Eye (Despise Tram)
1 Djinni Ring (Barracoon Spawn)
10 Relic Frags

Requires tinkering & imbuing to make.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I don't really have any set stats in mind... just something that would be on par with some of the Exodus or Virtuebane level loot. My thought was to take existing arties from various places and be able to combine them:

Orny = Doom
Bracelet of Health = Doom (or perhaps the new Covetous one)
Alchemist Bauble = Tmaps
Lich Dust = Primeval Spawn

There are plenty of other types of combos:
Maybe a complimentary:
Anon's Ring:
1 Faster Casting
3 Faster Cast Recovery
20 Lrc
8 Lmc
10 Hit point increase
3 Hit point regen
18 SDI
+15 Wrestling/Parry/Inscribe/Alchemy

Crafting Requirements:
1 Burning Amber (Stygian Dragon)
1 Compassions Eye (Despise Tram)
1 Djinni Ring (Barracoon Spawn)
10 Relic Frags

Requires tinkering & imbuing to make.
I think we are going in a very good way with this!!

Indeed would make all them old dungeons be visited again.
Good idea

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bo's idea
all arties get an increased imbued wieght, the better the arti the higher the weight, than make it where you can imbue more than 5 props onto a piece. same concept the better the artie the more props. This make might arties useful again by a variety of templates. People can imbue whatever they want onto there arti. who knows you could even get crazy and make a new ingredient you need to imbue arties with, and have it found only in ugly dino land. Bo knows that last bit is too much..

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just let them be reforge-able, the least powerful ones were balanced with reforging and the stronger ones had too many mods. We need more customization. Nothing would be hardly OP as opposed to when reforging was first implemented and all legendary items were cursed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I'd prefer if they went back to simpler things and focused more on community and things to do than adding yet more junk to the game.... don't we already have FAR more than enough stuff???

I would prefer returning to a much simpler crafting and stat/bonus system and cut out some of these crazy stats.....

Problem with adding more stats and more moves and more skills is then they have to go back and redo all the mobs and then they boost the players and then the mobs and it's a vicious cycle...

I grow weary of constantly having to rework and recraft and regear...

If they could focus on making things more group oriented and put a focus on adding quests and adding more things to do than more stuff I'd be much happier...

And as for what to focus on I've been waiting YEARS for this pet revamp I keep hearing about... I'm growing tired of waiting... and honestly the stuff that's been added recently is so very grindy I seriously am losing faith and hope that the game will keep my attention long enough for me to see this supposed revamp.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ability to imbue any artifact with a <500 intensity <5mods will be a good thing to start with... It will increase the variety of artifacts and make them more specific & useful

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sure, as long as it is just as reliable and useful as enhancing is for blacksmiths and tailors, and has the same consequences of failure.

No, really, let's give crafters something useful they can do besides churn out bods so that some NPC can give them a toy that they must immediately hand over to the imbuer guy because imbuer is the expert in all things magic, metal, cloth and leather.

Yes, I am still bitter that the first character I decided to make was a blacksmith, before realizing I wasn't actually going to make any usable gear for my adventurers. All those recipes my blacksmith gathered are totally useless. So, c'mon, give useful recipes to blacksmiths and tailors and tinkers. The imbuer is already great and versatile. It already has everybodiy's toys. Give some to the other guys to play with. Instead of improving crafter, improve crafters.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would be nice if they could revamp all the ones that are from ML..... that we craft... No one uses any of them much. The only reagents of that anyone cares about getting is the dread horn mane, corruption and taint because they make scrappers.

Personally I still think we ought to be able to imbue the scrappers... every other char type can imbue what they need on their weapons why can't mages?

Last edited: