• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing Items and Weight

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I am reading things right, a thief cannot steal anything weight-wise that is his/her stealing skill divided by 10?

If I have 120 stealing, I cannot steal anything over 12 stones?

If I find 3 copper wires stacked (15 stones) or 5 copper wires (25 stones) in a crate, I have zero chance to steal them?

Am I right about all that? :(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I am reading things right, a thief cannot steal anything weight-wise that is his/her stealing skill divided by 10?

If I have 120 stealing, I cannot steal anything over 12 stones?

If I find 3 copper wires stacked (15 stones) or 5 copper wires (25 stones) in a crate, I have zero chance to steal them?

Am I right about all that? :(
Stacked items you could steal them individually, it'll be a random amount within the weight limit that's able to be stolen.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have tried a good 50 times now with a natural 120 stealing on a stack of 3 copper wire @15 stones. It's either you fail to steal that or a sweet guard whack.

Enziet

Journeyman
heh. I always remember a time when a buddy of mine was trying to steal from people randomly around WBB and a few other hang out area's. All he kept getting was bandages. Thieves have it rough these days, unless your an arti hunter.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
heh. I always remember a time when a buddy of mine was trying to steal from people randomly around WBB and a few other hang out area's. All he kept getting was bandages. Thieves have it rough these days, unless your an arti hunter.
Yeah thieves are esentially worthless now.

They try to help it once in a while by putting in a stealable, but are short lived and flood the market quickly enough that's it not even worth the effort of doing.

The only thing they are useful for is stealing a powerscroll or primer after a champ spawn which is the only reason I still have mine.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess my question now is: Can I steal stacked copper wire or not found in crates and barrels that are over 12 stones?

After trying 50+ times last night and failing or being guard whacked I gave up.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I guess my question now is: Can I steal stacked copper wire or not found in crates and barrels that are over 12 stones?

After trying 50+ times last night and failing or being guard whacked I gave up.
May I ask why you stealing copper? Forget that!!!
Go find a nice calm corner in some champ, sit next to the guy who is protecting (Normally the awkward one in the champ not doing nothing) and have a look in his pack once the boss has died.... so goodies are bound to be found!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I heard from someone recently that "back in the day" the more dex you had, the more weight you could steal. I'm not sure if this is still a factor, but I would be interesting to know if it still works like that.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May I ask why you stealing copper? Forget that!!!
Go find a nice calm corner in some champ, sit next to the guy who is protecting (Normally the awkward one in the champ not doing nothing) and have a look in his pack once the boss has died.... so goodies are bound to be found!
I don't need powerscrolls... I need copper!