• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How bout a change to portals?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we get them changed where we don't have to say anything to use them to teleport, but rather, have a menu pop up like the new Eodon one?
Gosh that would be so nice. Especially considering my 2am spelling issues.....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both would be nice. I'm not a huge fan of having to announce my destination... particularly when I'm going someplace in Fel. Menu selections like the Eodon crystal would eliminate that.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great ideas! both the ilshenar one anda menue for the crystal and corrupted one. Now when we have the Eodon one showing how smooth it can be. I spend Lots of time teaching new players how to see the places they can get to, where where to stand and what to type. You cant imagine how many ways a new player can spell haven or britain...

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
there is the menu option in the EC (you knew it was coming)
Yeah you get the menu but you still after you select the option the char says the destination regardless, so theres no difference in typing it or selecting it from menu, if someone wants to know where you going they just got to stand close enough so what you say gets recorded in their chat log.

Also I have an issue with my balls...... Lol, dont start with the jokes!!;)
They take me to places they arent supposed to!! Anyone else had these problems?!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand about not wanting followers being on Siege, that's why I have one private set in a locked room. But from a pure functionality standpoint I like the feature in the EC.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand about not wanting followers being on Siege, that's why I have one private set in a locked room. But from a pure functionality standpoint I like the feature in the EC.
I did that with a house I had at Yew Gate, kept both portals in the back and only my chars could access the doors. I had a bunch of people accessed though - in my current house (a keep) I keep the old pair pair on 2nd floor in the bottom left corner, with my Moonstone Crystal just to the left of the entryway. I only have a few people accessed though, so don't care.