• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring Contest 2016 and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bit of information to anyone who has or is planning on entering these contests. You may get screwed like I did.

Like many of you, I too entered a screenshot in the 2016 Spring Contest. Spring time to me screams fishing, so I hopped on a boat, and with a bit of finagling got the perfect picture of what I called 'peaceful fishing'. I submitted it directly through the UO.com website.

Since there wasn't much said on the subject after the drawing I honestly forgot all about it, until it was brought up in a thread last week. After reading the thread I went over to UO.com to see the chosen pictures of the contest.

And found my picture among the 10 winners.

Initially I was excited to see my picture as a winner, but after going back to reread the thread, one of the other winners mention that they received their physical prize "weeks ago" I was concerned.

I'd received no email or communication that I was chosen as a winner.

Naturally I emailed Mesanna and asked if I had been lost in the shuffle or if they were still in the process of divvying out prizes. Here exactly reply to me was:

"I have sent out all the prizes from the ten top pictures."

Well that's obviously wrong since I hadn't received anything.

Excitement eventually turned to anger as the next 3-4 emails back and forth produced no results. She just kept insisting she sent out all the prizes and offered no help whatsoever. I doubt I'll ever find out exactly where the disconnect happened, and she doesn't care enough to look into it. Obviously yet another broken process that won't get fixed.

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I not sure what to say... I won the story contest from the !5th Anni and got my robe. My 1st thought did you check the spam box. There is one word that stands out in her statement "I have sent out all the prizes from the ten top pictures" How do you send out a virtual house? She would have had to meet the person in the game to give them the prize." Ok, maybe I am being a grammar nazi, but I think the better wording would have been " I have awarded all prizes and they have been received by the winners." (OMG, Tech Writing Prof really did help my writing)

Part of me wants to play Devils advocate here, but I shall not do that at this time. It is odd that your picture is there but you didn't receive your prize. I have a 100 of possiblities but who really know the answer other than Mesanna.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just add this to the list of unfinished bank buildings, bank buildings done with the wrong designs, unawarded Malas castles, etc etc.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
did She even say what you were supposed to get?
From what people said, it was a mix of prizes. Leftover Underworld houses on various shards and physical prizes like the anniversary lithograph.

I not sure what to say... I won the story contest from the !5th Anni and got my robe. My 1st thought did you check the spam box. There is one word that stands out in her statement "I have sent out all the prizes from the ten top pictures" How do you send out a virtual house? She would have had to meet the person in the game to give them the prize." Ok, maybe I am being a grammar nazi, but I think the better wording would have been " I have awarded all prizes and they have been received by the winners." (OMG, Tech Writing Prof really did help my writing)

Part of me wants to play Devils advocate here, but I shall not do that at this time. It is odd that your picture is there but you didn't receive your prize. I have a 100 of possiblities but who really know the answer other than Mesanna.

The first thing I did was look through my spam folder of both of my email addresses (thinking I mistakenly used my secondary one) but there was nothing.

Her wording was pretty much that on the 2nd email. The exact reply after I questioned the first email was:

"I had 10 winners and sent out all 10 items."

So I'm supposed to believe that someone who wasn't me received an email that they won a contest for an obscure MMO and they replied with their personal info and got some prize....whatever it was, I don't know.

And no, it wasn't me.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a screaming fan anymore but I cannot imagine that she won't make this right. Do not give up. Yours was very clever.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did you even check UO.com to keep track on the contest? the best prizes were claimed within the first 5 hours of the winners. the end date was announced, and procedure to claim prizes shortly after.

trying to contact mesanna months after the contest, which was clearly and timely announced on the games main website i just dont think is going to produce results.

To be blunt, if you cared about the prize. you should have checked UO.com.

coming here on stratics just seems like complaining. mesanna doesnt come here, the contest had nothing to do with stratics. i just dont see the point of this thread.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
did you even check UO.com to keep track on the contest? the best prizes were claimed within the first 5 hours of the winners. the end date was announced, and procedure to claim prizes shortly after.

trying to contact mesanna months after the contest, which was clearly and timely announced on the games main website i just dont think is going to produce results.

To be blunt, if you cared about the prize. you should have checked UO.com.

coming here on stratics just seems like complaining. mesanna doesnt come here, the contest had nothing to do with stratics. i just dont see the point of this thread.

Let me slow it down just for you Smoot. Seems like you need the help.

I was on vacation for a few weeks when the contest ended, and no I didn't look on UO.com while I was away.

I did have access to my email, however. And obviously you missed the part where I said I didn't receive an email notifying me as a winner. So I'll say it again. I didn't receive an email notifying me as a winner.

By the time I returned home I'd completely forgotten about it or assumed I lost. It was only when the post popped up last week did I head over to see the winner's pictures.

And now the mystery - according to the email reply I received from Mesanna, all 10 chosen winners have claimed their prizes. Reread what I typed above a few times and let that stew for a minute. You'll figure it out eventually.

If it were you, you'd be complaining too. Now go be useless somewhere else.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was like 2 months ago and your pic sucked anyway dude. the good prizes were claimed in the first few hours. i dunno why your so upset about a contest you didnt seem to care very much about.

fact of the matter is, whether you got the email or not, it should have been handled during the days of the contest. not months later. if you cared about your entry you would have checked UO.com. if there was a problem, it should have been handled then. Not now that mesannas done with it.

being "away" isnt an excuse.

if i win the lottery, but dont pick up the prize in a timely fashion or check the numbers at all, its not the lottos fault its my own.

P.S. thx for reminding me the absolute worthlessness of UOhall. Just came to get rid of my gov banner. the topics here are really depressing.

Last edited:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it was like 2 months ago and your pic sucked anyway dude. the good prizes were claimed in the first few hours. i dunno why your so upset about a contest you didnt seem to care very much about.

fact of the matter is, whether you got the email or not, it should have been handled during the days of the contest. not months later. if you cared about your entry you would have checked UO.com. if there was a problem, it should have been handled then. Not now that mesannas done with it.

being "away" isnt an excuse.

if i win the lottery, but dont pick up the prize in a timely fashion or check the numbers at all, its not the lottos fault its my own.

P.S. thx for reminding me the absolute worthlessness of UOhall. Just came to get rid of my gov banner. the topics here are really depressing.

While I'd love to sit around and laugh at your lack of basic comprehension, Mesanna and I talked and it was all sorted out. So the squeaky wheel sometimes does get the grease.

For everyone else, thanks for letting me vent. I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Per request, I am putting lock on the thread as the issue has been resolved and we're delving into taking swipes at one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.