• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me farm a Hephaestus please

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just bumped into a saucy broad named Cora for the first time. Almost like I was a teenager again it ended so quickly.

I've watched some videos of folks killing her with three accounts. Is it possible to do it with one account, or at most two?

Also, can I completely skip this dame and kill creatures elsewhere in the dungeon for a Hephaestus? I attacked a war gator in lvl 4, when I lored it EVERY RESIST was above 90. My Dragon killed it, but it took maybe 15 minutes. This was in the cell at the very back of the jail. Loot was....not good.

Tips?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can get the Cora drops by killing creatures on lvl 3 and 4.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Forget Cora. For someone who is supposed to drop 30% of the time, she surely hates dropping. Got one drop out of 20 or so runs I did there.
It is possible to beat her with a dexxer with healing and a 4x120 bard running peace songs, as long as the bard stays somewhere she can't see her, lest both the bard and dexxer will get hit by 120 damage fireballs every so often, screwing things up. The bard can disco to help the fight, but it is still boring, unrewarding and messy. There are times where she simply doesn't spawn at all. And that stupid mana drain only drags the fight longer than it should. Not worth your time unless you are really bored and actually wants to die out of boredom.
No freaking idea what whoever designed this boss was drinking when they did so, but it must have been something really good for them to come up with such wreck of a boss.

Kill spawn at level 3 and 4, use disco to make it faster and you will get your shield.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Like Tjalle said. I got one in Covetous, and I've never seen a Cora. Pretty sure it was off a creature just inside the entrance of L3

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually just do a RC near the enterance L4 and it can kill them pretty good.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silent, I got around 25 Heph in recent years from Lvl 3. Best template: Stealth-Mystic-Rouser. Provo the low level critters on the bigger ones or the big ones on their own summons and let the colossus do the rest. Stay hidden and watch the slaughterhouse-party. Tested around 12 diff. Temps, this one is fastest. High-speed killing. Alternatively standard mystic with colossus. And switch between fel and tram if you have to wait for respawn. I got one drop each day.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cora's drop-rate seems to be a lot lower than it's intended anyway, It's must more efficient to farm the spawn on lvl3-4 like others have mentioned.... I've killed Cora about 10-12x only received one drop. I believe it's supposed to be 30% chance per player with looting rights. I farmed her with 7 accounts... Not Worth.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done it with 2 chars before, a Swords Whammy and a Bard/Mage that sits back the max distance from my Whammy, throwing the occasional G-Heal on him after a Firebreath, and keeping Cora discoed. Cora's Breath attack is similar to a Hydra's Breath, but it can hit numerous people multiple times. If she has 3 people in range of her, she'll hit all 3 of them with 3 60 damage breaths, which is insta death for all 3 people at 180 total damage per person. Definitely not a boss you want to bring a group for.

Cora's Mana Drain ability isn't a problem when you have 21% Hit Mana Drain in Wraith Form (which has the plus side of eventually dropping her down to 0 Mana, so all she can really damage you with is the breath then), and get 50% Hit Life Drain from Curse Weapon, while hitting her pretty hard with Double Strikes as she's both Discoed and Corpse Skinned. I get Cora pinned in a corner with stalactites so she can't go after my Bard/Mage or run. I haven't done her in awhile though, since before the new Masteries came out in ToL, so i imagine Cora would be even easier with Onslaught being stacked on top of that Disco and Corpse Skin.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definitely not a boss you want to bring a group for.
have the bard area peace for the fire-breath and you could bring as many characters as you'd like. Firebreath doesn't do any damage if you peace it before it lands (100% chance to area peace. you just need to pay attention for when/if your instrument breaks. if you miss that, then yes. pretty much the entire group in line of sight of Cora dies.

It's literally the only place in UO peacing skill is really needed IMO.