• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can a Gm tell you...

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can a GM look and tell you how many hours you have logged into your account?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is a interesting question. I am not sure, but that might be kinda cool if they can.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why would they not be able to?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Why does it matter? This isn't Dota

Enziet

Journeyman
In the classic client there is a scroll on your paperdoll that tells you how old your account is... I don't know if that helps at all though....

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No but generally if you do a UO bender or someone is scripting there are enough people there to page on you.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They wouldnt tell you if they could which they probably cant because specific timed age didnt matter just the account age.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its so hard to get a GM for actual problems I don't think that wasting their time for this would be good for the game overall.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You can only page if they are doing it outside in public, once inside a house it becomes allowed or so its seems, thats what the advisor told me.
That advisor is an idiot.

Why do you think they went and burned people's houses a while back?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had someone page on me while I was attended working on a skill. The GM popped up and pulled me straight into the "jail".

He informed me I had been doing it (he assumed I was macroing) a while, and I said yes I had been working the skill a while.

He said well I tried for 5 minutes to talk to you and I said no you didn't otherwise you wouldn't be standing here talking.

Long story short I'm sure they keep
Some sort of tab but it's probably not by journal.

I'm sure they have a spreadsheet or log of when you login and out. (Which is how the previous game I Gmed for did it along with all the actions the user would take.)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
LoOlOl.JPG

Happened to me just as of recent training bushido in haven, kind of humorous since it was attended and the GM never even asked if I was present just to jail instantly

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am confident they can do so. I've seen the OLD GM manuals/instructions from back in the day. I could post a screen shot here, but I don't want to further cross a line unless I knew it wasnt being pushed further.

(RE: edit)
Oops....I didnt complete the thread to see someone had posted the same manual I was referencing.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 49113

Happened to me just as of recent training bushido in haven, kind of humorous since it was attended and the GM never even asked if I was present just to jail instantly
That's not even jail and I would almost guarantee it was some overzealous Advisor.

Bannon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I got moved one time while actively playing. Killing gold eles in blackthorn dungeon. I hid myself to grab my phone that was on the couch behind me, wasn't more than 10 seconds came back to watch my char get moved to the room below the greater drags. GM never appeared or anything, was quite interesting.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got moved one time while actively playing. Killing gold eles in blackthorn dungeon. I hid myself to grab my phone that was on the couch behind me, wasn't more than 10 seconds came back to watch my char get moved to the room below the greater drags. GM never appeared or anything, was quite interesting.
Thats Automatic in Blackthorn's Dungeon

(It was an anti-afk mechanism put into the dungeon in some publish)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats Automatic in Blackthorn's Dungeon

(It was an anti-afk mechanism put into the dungeon in some publish)
No, the anti-afk mechanism in place is auto-revealing anyone that's hidden, which ultimately accomplished nothing.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've stayed on one tile for hours on end and only been moved a few times, both of which were a GM yoinking me to the afk area.
And I have personally been afk and moved to the poison room by the system like it says it does.

*shrugs*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I have personally been afk and moved to the poison room by the system like it says it does.

*shrugs*
I don't think this happens anymore, At least it doesn't teleport you to the poison room in fel blackthorn dungeon anymore.
The last few times I farmed for minax arties I haven't been teleported at all. However I do remember farming there a few publishes ago and I'd be teleported every ~20-30mins, even though I wasn't afk except for a minute or two here and there.... I set a macro to Sacred Journey/target runebook, then I'd walk my guy back down to farm again if I wasn't busy doing something on my main PC...

It actually stopped teleporting people to the poison room when they made it to where you couldn't recall out of the fel blackthorn dungeon.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Uh, no.

Advisors are player volunteers designed to help players with questions.
Have I said anywhere that they are not.......
Just said they are in constant contact with the GMs too and I have tested this with a Advisor and asked for a GM, not even a minute later he was there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Have I said anywhere that they are not.......
Just said they are in constant contact with the GMs too and I have tested this with a Advisor and asked for a GM, not even a minute later he was there.
You said they are sat next to a GM or are in constant contact.

They are not sat next to a GM.

They may have a messenger service they prefer to use which is similar how we did it.

Beyond that they do not work side by side or otherwise.

I do believe Advisors can help move stuck items, not sure about players.