• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Primers

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that has tons of level 1 and 2 primers laying around in my house. At least on my shard, there is no market for anything less than a level 3.

It would be nice if we could use them for clean up points, or even to bind into a higher level such as power scrolls and scrolls of transcendence.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm almost hestitant to ask this, but I've not anything with primers, so ... do you have to eat an L1 and L2 primer before you can eat an L3 primer?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, thanks, guess that does make L1-2 rather worthless then - +1 to OP

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of level 3's are near worthless as well. Wrestling, macing, throwing...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would like to use a scroll binder to bind level 1s to make a level 2, and level 2s to make a level 3. I think the same numbers of 110s to make a 115, and 115s to make a 120 would fit.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what the OP is saying about most primers being worthless but I think it's too soon to introduce something like scroll binding . As it is now, the few worthwhile lvl 3 primers are the only Fel-only drops that are worth anything (besides a 120 magery ps).

Don't see anything wrong with making primers worth clean up points though.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes - a Primer Binder is needed, or allow us to turn them in for turn-in points.

As it currently stands, I just throw level 1's on the ground and I sell a few of the level 2's.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe Mesanna has said an emphatic no to primer scroll binders at one or more of the meet and greets, if I remember she did say kind of a weak maybe on books like alacrity and transcendence.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They've dropped the ball on not making it required that you use a level I primer to be eligible to use a level II primer, and having to have used a level II primer to finally use a level III one.
Level I and II primers were doomed to become worthless within a month the way this was implemented. And it is too late to change it now.

Would be nice if they were worth turn in points at least in the current situation.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They've dropped the ball on not making it required that you use a level I primer to be eligible to use a level II primer, and having to have used a level II primer to finally use a level III one.
Level I and II primers were doomed to become worthless within a month the way this was implemented. And it is too late to change it now.

Would be nice if they were worth turn in points at least in the current situation.

Somebody gets it, at least.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
idk, I kinda like throwing's. Elemental Fury is pretty cool for pvm, at least, but you lose the effect when you get disarmed; it works best against boss-level monsters. Haven't used Wrestling's at all, and now that I think about it, I'm not even sure why I ate one. Magery's not TERRIBLE, at least - I use Ethereal Burst fairly often.

Usually, any level 1's/2's I get go straight on the ground at Luna. I keep 3's, even the crappy ones. Even if I never have any intention to use any of them, I figure someone will eventually want one.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what the OP is saying about most primers being worthless but I think it's too soon to introduce something like scroll binding . As it is now, the few worthwhile lvl 3 primers are the only Fel-only drops that are worth anything (besides a 120 magery ps).

Don't see anything wrong with making primers worth clean up points though.
Actually, they aren't Fel-only drops. You can get them from Tram champs as well, but at a MUCH lower drop rate - you're more likely to get level 1's and an occasional level 2 from them.

Come to think of it, the only time I remember getting a level 3 was a Parry from the Tokuno champ. Might have been more than that, but that was several months ago. Granted, I don't do Tram-ruleset champs with great frequency, so someone that does would get more level 3's.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, they aren't Fel-only drops. You can get them from Tram champs as well, but at a MUCH lower drop rate - you're more likely to get level 1's and an occasional level 2 from them.

Come to think of it, the only time I remember getting a level 3 was a Parry from the Tokuno champ. Might have been more than that, but that was several months ago. Granted, I don't do Tram-ruleset champs with great frequency, so someone that does would get more level 3's.
Yeah, I've heard people say that too, but if they're really dropping at that low of a rate I don't really mind.

If you want to farm Tram champ spawns rather than the rooftop, Medusa, Exodus, or any of the other Tram bosses that drop much more valuable items...more power to you.

3's are close enough to 'Fel only' in my book.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Macing Mastery "Stagger", is actually incredibly powerful. -60% SSI debuff for 10 seconds, and the attack itself can hit pretty hard. Macers are rare though, because most Macing weps are really slow, and don't have good Special combinations. Fencing's "Pierce" is also incredibly useful against high DEX/Stam targets for much the same reason.
The Throwing Mastery is fairly useful in PvM as well. Elemental Fury can do quite a bit of damage, and Called Shot is very useful against monsters with no Slayer (like Osiredon, Virtuebane or Dreadhorn). Called Shot can also hit hard (40+ damage auto attacks) in PvP.

Daon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That issue was told in Arirang shard M&G by devs.
I remember devs said that primers will not be binded and they will make primers get clean up point.