• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin store woes.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Feel like sharing this little story as quite frankly I am lost for words. I know this topic comes up often but I guess the more people shout about it, something might get done, anyway...

As a resident of Thailand I have suffered the complete lack of products on the store for a while now, however. Since the inception of the 'in game store' I notice sovereigns are now available on the Thai store bringing their product numbers to 5!!!
:cheerleader:

I think; here's my opportunity to have easy access to items I may not otherwise have been able to get. But it was never going to be that simple. After selecting my sovereigns to purchase and log into my Origin account I get the following:

ToS Vio.jpg

Violated ToS?!? Somehow I don't think so, I have full access to the game and have recieved no mails to say this is the case. I think to myself, I'll have a look at my account management page to see if there are any flags there.

Uh oh! Here we go, I can no longer access my account management page. This is a password that has remained the same for years as I rarely access the account management pages. I am pretty certain I have not been hacked as I still have access to the game and have noticed nothing untoward.

Ok, lets change the password just on the off chance I may have changed something after a few drinks! I would be willing to accept this as a cause! :p

I request a password change, recieve the mail, follow the link and enter a new password and now I get this:

Pass Change Error.jpg

Great, now I'm really stuck! Can't use Origin store and can't access my own account management page. :(

Having tried these options for 2 days now, I resort to the only other thing I know, report to... [email protected]
...as using 'help.ea.com' as suggested in the initial screen cap just has you going round and round in circles for hours making no contact with anyone and achieving nothing!

After formulating my message with as much detail on my issues as possible I click 'send' in the hope that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I get an almost immediate, albeit automated, reply with a ticket number. Woohoo! At least something is working!

So I read the mail to see what the next course of action is and I am astonished at what they are asking for:

Acc Info.jpg

Account names and password?!? Are they the only company in the world that asks for this?!? Every game I have ever played has always stated 'We will NEVER ask for passwords' or words to that effect. They have this detail, it's all attached to my master e-mail which I am using to report my issues... Am I missing something here?!?

And so, here ends Chapter 1.

In summary, how can something soooo simple be so bolloxed! It really does not amaze me why UO gets no new players. I am a long standing, existing customer and I can't even work this ****!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything else aside, they didn't ask for your password. They want your account name and secret word which are different from your password to log in.

Weird that you still have game access.

Good luck getting it straightened out.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It sounds like

1. You didnt get banned from UO
2. Your EA account got banned

Which would mean contacting UO would do nothing. Pretty sure you need to contact EA and find out why your EA account is banned. (Usually ends up being someone accessed your EA account and did something fraudulent, usually with Fifa.)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It sounds like

1. You didnt get banned from UO
2. Your EA account got banned

Which would mean contacting UO would do nothing. Pretty sure you need to contact EA and find out why your EA account is banned. (Usually ends up being someone accessed your EA account and did something fraudulent, usually with Fifa.)

Ok, this is where things get confusing (for me at least).

As I see it, there are 3 account types in play here which all have separate logins/passwords:

1. The UO accounts - individually they have their own user names/passwords which are now bound by the EA/Mythic account. These accounts simply give me access to the game which I can still do.

2. The EA/Mythic account - This is the account used as an over-arching account that allows subscription to the above UO accounts. This is the one I have no access to. Surely if this got suspended then it would reflect on the UO accounts? Even if I was suspended, surely I could still access the account/change password for the ability to cancel subscriptions etc? And should I not receive some kind of notification?

3. The Origin store account - Which should allow me to access to purchase from the Origin store. As a separate account, this account shows all transactions INCLUDING monthly subscription for UO which is/should be controlled by the EA/Mythic account. I have access to this account. Attempting to purchase gives the suspended message.

Now my question would be... If Number 2 and 3 are separate, why does 3 show information from 2 yet I can not access 2? If I am truly banned from 2 why does this not reflect on 1 and 3 as they are all intertwined.

Attempting to contact EA was just a never ending loop of completing very limited reporting pages which always led to a page simply saying 'Have you tried this...'. Over 2 hours of my day spent going round in circles on the alleged EA help pages.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If Number 2 and 3 are separate
They arent

Your EA account = Your Origin Account

This has happened to people before. People access others EA accounts and do fraudulent activity with games like Fifa. This leads to the EA account being suspended/banned.

While this wont effect your UO account it DOES effect the Origin store, account management login or anything else that requires your actual EA account.

It can also be a real pain that has taken people weeks to get resolved (And UO was never able to really do anything as again its the EA account banned, not your UO account).

Check this link:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They arent

Your EA account = Your Origin Account
This is where I am utterly confused...

This...

Mythic login.jpg

...is where I have always logged in to control my UO subscription (Mythic). I have no access anymore and won't allow password change. This did not give me access to the Origin Store

This...

EA login.jpg

...is where I have always logged in to make Origin purchases in the distant past. This access DOES NOT allow me to control my subscription plan to UO. It shows all transactions from Origin of which all are valid.

Am I just being incredibly thick here?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I just being incredibly thick here?

Your Master account = Your EA account
Your EA account = Your EA Account

There isn't a separate Origin account. You login into different places with the same account.

Of course, without knowing your exact details, I suppose you could have created different accounts under different emails because you did not realize it was all the same thing. This makes it all a bit more confusing and would be based on you not remember correctly what Email + password goes to what.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Furthermore, each and everytime I went through the EA contact routine it ends up on the same page every single time no matter what topic/issue you try to contact them about.

EA help.jpg

The top link just takes you back to the start, ie. looping forever which left me no choice to report to the e-mail in the bottom paragraph.

And here I am now.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Furthermore, each and everytime I went through the EA contact routine it ends up on the same page every single time no matter what topic/issue you try to contact them about.

View attachment 48877

The top link just takes you back to the start, ie. looping forever which left me no choice to report to the e-mail in the bottom paragraph.

And here I am now.
The Link I gave you should have gone into depth for the procedure to contact them about your banned EA account.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your Master account = Your EA account
Your EA account = Your EA Account

There isn't a separate Origin account. You login into different places with the same account.

Of course, without knowing your exact details, I suppose you could have created different accounts under different emails because you did not realize it was all the same thing.
For me these have always been separate, same e-mail, different passwords for each. I used them both no more than a month ago.

There is clearly a significant issue with my account and I wait with baited breath for any kind of response from whatever support there is.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am 99% sure you need to contact EA support and not broadsword.

Also are you SURE you are using the right Email/Password?

Your EA account IS your EA account
There is no separate Origin account unless you yourself made one

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"I am 99% sure you need to contact EA support and not broadsword." - Yup, I agree completely, I am trying with EA but the support leads nowhere.

"Also are you SURE you are using the right Email/Password?" - Yes, I have all account names/passwords written down for all games I play.

"Your EA account IS your EA account There is no separate Origin account unless you yourself made one" - If I can access one and not the other on the same e-mail, that would suggest to me they are separate. But I don't know.

I have used my accounts for many years like this and although it was a nuisance, it did actually work. But now, It is truly ****ed!

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Your EA account IS your EA account There is no separate Origin account unless you yourself made one" - If I can access one and not the other on the same e-mail, that would suggest to me they are separate.
I thought you couldn't access either site?

You cant login into Origin
You cant login into account management

Right?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought you couldn't access either site?

You cant login into Origin
You cant login into account management

Right?
Nope, thats the issue, to be clear...

• I CAN log in to Origin, I can see all transactions, purchases from store and UO subscription payments. When I attempt to buy anything from the store, I get the account suspended message.
  • I CAN NOT log in to my account management, and if on the off chance I did forget my password, it will not let me change it and just gives me an error message.
I apologise for I may have been using the wrong terminology as it became apparent when I looked again at this:

Mythic login.jpg

Below the password entry there are 2 comments which clearly point toward 2 different accounts, the mythic account being my account management access and the EA one being Origin store access. EA (origin) I have access to but not Mythic.

There is clearly a link between them in some way, but they are for sure separate.

I hope I'm reading into that correctly.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope I'm reading into that correctly.
You aren't.

Check this Link: Account Login Guide – Ultima Online

Your EA Account = Your Account management login details

1. EA ACCOUNT: This is your email address and what is used to log into the account management center. It contains all linked master accounts and their associated game accounts, and is what contains your billing information. It has it’s own unique password.
  2. MASTER ACCOUNT: This gets linked or unlinked to and from the EA account. It contains any associated game accounts and has it’s own unique password.
  3. GAME ACCOUNT: This is used to log into the UO client, and is tied to the master account. It too has it’s own unique password.

"Have a Mythic Master Account but not an EA Account
Enter your Mythic Master Account Name and Password in this section.

You will be prompted to create an EA Account which will, from now on, be your primary login to the Account Management page.

So to recap:
Your Account Management login SHOULD = your EA account/Origin store login
While you can "Login" into Origin, it DOES say you are banned. Being banned would make it so you cannot login into account management.

If you want to try a password reset you want to do it as shown below:
http://i67.***********/2crso4n.png

Which brings you to this:

Hit Forgot Your Password again which brings you to this screen:

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You aren't.

Check this Link: Account Login Guide – Ultima Online

Your EA Account = Your Account management login details

1. EA ACCOUNT: This is your email address and what is used to log into the account management center. It contains all linked master accounts and their associated game accounts, and is what contains your billing information. It has it’s own unique password.
  2. MASTER ACCOUNT: This gets linked or unlinked to and from the EA account. It contains any associated game accounts and has it’s own unique password.
  3. GAME ACCOUNT: This is used to log into the UO client, and is tied to the master account. It too has it’s own unique password.
Ok, things are becoming clear now, I think I may be suffering from some kind of legacy issue as my EA Account is connected to nothing and never has been.

Nowt.jpg

I have always done everything through Mythic and now I can no longer access it which gives me another issue of linking said accounts as It no longer accepts my 'Mythic Master Account Name and Password'. :sad2:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, things are becoming clear now, I think I may be suffering from some kind of legacy issue as my EA Account is connected to nothing and never has been.

Logging in without an EA account via Account Management should have prompted you first thing to create one.

I dont see how you use Account Management WITHOUT an EA account linked to it.

Which begs the question, are you SURE you have the correct information for your EA account?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While you can "Login" into Origin, it DOES say you are banned. Being banned would make it so you cannot login into account management.
Given that my EA account is not associated with any games and there are no red flags anywhere on my account info pages why would it take making a purchase from the Origin store to flag the account as suspended? It makes zero logical sense.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This picture doesn't prove anything. I am looking at my own and it doesnt list 90% of the games I have through Origin or anything Ultima related.

Ok, so to finalize the details

1. Your EA Account = The same login for Account Management
2. To do a password reset, you select "Forgot your EA Password?"
3. Your Origin account has been banned/suspended based on the message it gives you
4. Your Origin account was most likely accessed/hacked by someone else which is why it is banned
5. This would make it so you are unable to login into account management
6. Looking at Connected Accounts or Game Specific Identities is not a good way to judge what games your Origin/EA account have accessed

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Logging in without an EA account via Account Management should have prompted you first thing to create one.

I dont see how you use Account Management WITHOUT an EA account linked to it.

Which begs the question, are you SURE you have the correct information for your EA account?
Yes I have the correct information, logged in with the same e-mail address and can see all transactions that have taken place on the Mythic account but I can not change anythingfrom the EA account presumably because the Mythic account is not linked correctly.

The few times I've used account management, changing CC details etc, I have ALWAYS logged in through the mythic site, NEVER through EA.

This really does seem like more of a legacy issue now and I thank you for all your information.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have ALWAYS logged in through the mythic site, NEVER through EA.

This really does seem like more of a legacy issue now and I thank you for all your information.
No, it is NOT a legacy issue.

I am only stressing for you to have the correct info as it will make getting your issue resolved go faster.

It wont go fast if you have wrong info / tell EA its the wrong issue

I really don't know what else to say besides good luck.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what is the issue? Why can I no longer log into Mythic? Why can I not control my subscription through EA Login? What am I missing?
3. Your Origin account has been banned/suspended based on the message it gives you
4. Your Origin account was most likely accessed/hacked by someone else which is why it is banned (This has happened before to other people)
6. Looking at Connected Accounts or Game Specific Identities is not a good way to judge what games your Origin/EA account have accessed

If you are innocent, then it most likely means your Origin account has been accessed by someone other than yourself. They did something to flag the account + get it banned. This is what is causing you to not be able to purchase anything on Origin or login with your EA account into Account Management.

You wont know exactly the reason for the ban until you talk to EA (Or try checking your email? There should have been a notice of the ban somewhere along the line)

Of course, it was also important to make sure this all wasn't user error as some of the things you said were a bit incorrect.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
4. Your Origin account was most likely accessed/hacked by someone else which is why it is banned (This has happened before to other people)

If you are innocent, then it most likely means your Origin account has been accessed by someone other than yourself. They did something to flag the account + get it banned. This is what is causing you to not be able to purchase anything on Origin or login with your EA account into Account Management.

You wont know exactly the reason for the ban until you talk to EA (Or try checking your email? There should have been a notice of the ban somewhere along the line)

Of course, it was also important to make sure this all wasn't user error as some of the things you said were a bit incorrect.
I do appreciate all your input, but none of it makes sense. If I were banned suspended I would expect something more than 'incorrect username/password' and an error message when I try to change password.

I have checked all transactions on Origin, all of which were valid and the transactions were successful. UO subscription payments continue to be taken. Nothing has been red flagged. Now I could not cancel a subscription if I wanted to without going through my bank which is not normal procedure.

The only time it tells me my account is 'suspended' is after I've been to the Store, shopped around, selected items, confirmed items and when I get to clicking the checkout button, then and only then do I get the message. What kind of logical stage is that to tell you your account is suspended?

And finally there has been zero notification of any kind saying my account was suspended with exception of the note when clicking checkout! That is just ridiculous!

Anyway, I will wait for responses from the varying reports I've sent out.