• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's now been a few days, any tips for killing Zipactriotl?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone want to share any tips they found useful like better templates to use, strategies for placing chars within the room, specials the boss can do? :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Couple Sampires and a ranged healer healing when needed. When you see the blue mana crap RUN!!! Do that and he's cake..

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More questions :)

Can he be discorded?
Can you provoke those blue blobs onto him?
Does he have a known slayer type?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes he can be discorded....you have to destroy the activators to keep the blue blobs from spawning otherwise you'll be overrun and he doesn't have a slayer.

Mages/tamers are NO GOOD...he just keeps sucking you in if you put pets/summons on it.

The Myrmidex Queen Vs. Zipactriotl - The Boss Fights

I did write a little guide on both bosses

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know we had a bard one time and think they were successful in diso'ing him. He seemed a little easier that round, but the other sampire could have just been doing massive damage and made it seem that way.

Never witnessed them being provoed on him, but they are usually dropped before he pops out.

No slayer that I have found yet.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone want to share any tips they found useful like better templates to use, strategies for placing chars within the room, specials the boss can do? :)
Dexers. Mages are no good except for xhealing & WoD. I've found that poison weapons do the most damage. He does, however, use wrestling specials, with disarm being more common...and he never fails to do it either - my thrower is d'armed every time, and that's with level 3 throwing mastery & 120 real skill.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had no problems on a Mystic/Mage/Weaver, though Zipa does pull you in with every hit...which gets irritating. Just be prepared to run and heal. When you see the blue flamestrikes around him RUN. Having a samphire to keep his attention focused is very helpful.

Destroying enough moonstone power cores so you at least have an clearish area to fight in is also important. The power cores are immune to energy damage, but weak to physical.

Zipa seemed weak to fire and physical.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destroying enough moonstone power cores so you at least have an clearish area to fight in is also important. The power cores are immune to energy damage, but weak to physical.

Zipa seemed weak to fire and physical.
The cores are weak to physical? Interesting - I've been beating up on them with fire weapons. Does 60ish damage before EoO, 120+ with it.

Anyone Lore it yet? And I am calling it Zippy
One guy on LS did for the resists, forget the numbers he rattled off, so I don't know how high his wrestling is. As far as its name, I alternate between Zippy and zip-a-dee-doo-dah. Mostly Zippy.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once we use the Dead Tamer technique.
Two spellweaver are healing the Dragon. One SW holds up disco.
Yesterday we use Archer and the tamers for ressing and Disco.
Nevertheless it takes a long time and gives some deathrobes.
Keeping own Mana low seems to be an Option, so dexxer are a good Option for fighting him.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cores are weak to physical? Interesting - I've been beating up on them with fire weapons. Does 60ish damage before EoO, 120+ with it.
High SDI and bombard worked for me, but I didn't try anything fire based. I will next time.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High SDI and bombard worked for me, but I didn't try anything fire based. I will next time.
I'd try a mage if Zippy didn't pull me in every single time I'd cast on him...and I don't know why I'm even complaining about that, because I've been killing him with a thrower. I wanna bring my sampire down and just tank the **** out of him (with a couple healers.)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The one I lored was weakest to poison, then fire. We did it with 3 mages and a bard. Discord and corpse skin then lots of flamestrikes.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nasty nasty nasty!

anyone find a better way to do Zippy?
did him tonight for the first time and wowswers that took a long while!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a video a bard and a wraith warrior defeat Zipac
Interesting. How high is the Anat/Tactics? I've been using Armor Ignore on my Sampire, since it'd do more for me than onslaught (GM tactics.) I'd try the whammy route, but I have no interest in doing Zippy again, especially after pulling 5 moonstone crystals.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
especially after pulling 5 moonstone crystals.
Dang... did ya have that proverbial horseshoe up your butt? *runs off to get UO Vaseline for character in case answer is yes*

Was wondering his temp as well. I can only manage 45-55 range on him without onslaught using a double axe.. can't see that adding 100 range damage... can it?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang... did ya have that proverbial horseshoe up your butt? *runs off to get UO Vaseline for character in case answer is yes*

Was wondering his temp as well. I can only manage 45-55 range on him without onslaught using a double axe.. can't see that adding 100 range damage... can it?
Yes, actually, I do - I'm Irish IRL so I was born with it. hahahaha.

As far as temp: I think I get 80ish with Perfection and <110 Anat/101 Tactics on my sampire w/a Bladed Staff (assuming no Discord), but I use AI far more than anything else since I can do so many consecutively. My thrower's 120/120 and I get triple digits on regular hits/peak at 230ish with AI; unfortunately, I can't AI as often with that char - lower LMC/mana and a higher specials cost (17 mana for AI compared to my Sampire's 10.) If Zippy didn't disarm me so often I'd get a bunch of Elemental Fury hits in too.

Conclusion: I need to rework my thrower's suit. Or get more Mana Leech on my weapons.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Zippy is discord-able so that is the good news.
i ran through a bunch of slayers last night while toying with him and couldnt find any slayer that worked on him.
i tried repond, daemon, undead but didnt bother to try elemental, arachnid or reptile.

gonna go try him again with melee with a disco mage backing him up, i think that will do a lot better and faster.

interesting side note, as a tamer last night i got tired of die'n' so i stripped naked and handed my gear bag off to another character and went in there naked, i was able to stay alive for a long time running around naked even through those energy area effects he drops.
once you get the pattern down its just a matter of staying ahead of them.
and might i say there is nothing funnier then a naked tamer running around.
did i say naked?
i meant wearing a loin cloth and oiled up, marinated.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
interesting side note, as a tamer last night i got tired of die'n'
Will share with ya a better strategy for tamer/mages etc.... Run up the steps to the south (or any of them will work I guess, I just prefer the south area).. there is a spot there where Zippy rubberbands back to the middle, right around the pillars. Put the Samps or pets on the inside part of where that line is and ranged healers a few places behind the line. If Zippy targets one of the mages and goes for them he pops back to the center before he can get to them. Samp just runs up and lures him back to that area. Rinse, repeat..

Conclusion: I need to rework my thrower's suit. Or get more Mana Leech on my weapons.
I am in the same boat as you are. In the middle of a rework on my Samp, he still had just a normal 4hci, 190 luck suit.. good for drops at times but bad for boss fights. Found out the dura on the legendary pieces drops QUICK as heck too though.. don't see how or why folks are spending billions on those... drop almost 100 dura on just 3-4 Devour Renowned spawns :/

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ended up going with the dead tamer guild mate heal dragon method last night.
while not sexy it does work.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
sampire(s) with healers is way to go. need multiple healers and a sampire who is read to be disarmed and able to re-arm quickly. healers just need to spam greater heals and you'll be okay.

dead tamer method sounds interesting.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sampire(s) with healers is way to go. need multiple healers and a sampire who is read to be disarmed and able to re-arm quickly. healers just need to spam greater heals and you'll be okay.

dead tamer method sounds interesting.
I'm tempted to try the dead tamer method. Might be interesting, but too slow for my liking...unless there's a sampire there.

The one thing I don't like about Zippy (and the war) is their 100% chance to disarm. @Kyronix - would I be correct in assuming that saving throw does NOT work in pvm? Both my sampire and thrower have eaten a volume 3 primer, have 120 in their weapon skill, and have 100/120 tactics (respectively)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The one thing I don't like about Zippy (and the war) is their 100% chance to disarm.
Yeah, not a fan of that either. Too many times ya get disarmed again as soon as ya get the wep back in your hand. Not so bad when Zippy does it, but when you have a pack of the things in the pits on ya... grey screened pretty quick..

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That disarm... omg...

I've killed him three times and gotten three power coil recipes. :(

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Interesting. How high is the Anat/Tactics? I've been using Armor Ignore on my Sampire, since it'd do more for me than onslaught (GM tactics.) I'd try the whammy route, but I have no interest in doing Zippy again, especially after pulling 5 moonstone crystals.
five!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
haha Drakelord!
3 of us where sitting in your Keep on Sonoma last night 'chilling' for like half an hour.
i thought it would have been funny had to logged in or come home to 3 strangers lounging around in your living room.
we came for the maps of Eoden on the vendor and stayed for the comfy couches!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Destroy all the things around the chamber 1st, it will make the fight a lot smoother and all the stuff that appears from it.
Zippy goes down easy with a nice group of mages (4-5) all casting Flamestrike and running away. Fire does the most damage.
When the blue thingy around him appears, run to opposite side of room and Invis.
You can use summons, only thing it teleports you in but just keep running away, real bad if the blue ring appears tho, as you deffo dead.
Not tried a pet but guessing its on the same lines as the summons.
WoD at the end and caput he is, with his glasses on the floor.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destroy all the things around the chamber 1st, it will make the fight a lot smoother and all the stuff that appears from it.
Zippy goes down easy with a nice group of mages (4-5) all casting Flamestrike and running away. Fire does the most damage.
When the blue thingy around him appears, run to opposite side of room and Invis.
You can use summons, only thing it teleports you in but just keep running away, real bad if the blue ring appears tho, as you deffo dead.
Not tried a pet but guessing its on the same lines as the summons.
WoD at the end and caput he is, with his glasses on the floor.
Wow, this is HORRIBLY inefficient, and likely to get you killed multiple times - just bring a sampire or two. Also, his weakest resist is poison, in my experience. btw, the blue flame ring attack's damage is based on your current mana.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Wow, this is HORRIBLY inefficient, and likely to get you killed multiple times - just bring a sampire or two. Also, his weakest resist is poison, in my experience. btw, the blue flame ring attack's damage is based on your current mana.
Well its worked fine for me and all the people I did it with, and we also had a laugh doing it.
A death robe more or less, doesnt really matter.
I would agree to being tele back with summons, but you can just run off fine and invis, time it right and its even challenge and a good laugh.
I will try the method of sampires and having mages heal, also that dead tamer too and see how it goes.
There is several ways to do this boss and none of us are right, just sharing my experiences.
About the resist, I still think Fire is best to use, especially if you can also corpse skin.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
went in last night with 2 sampires and a SW mage.
killed the machines first to kill off the blobs, then went after Zippy.
a lot of cross healing between the 2 sampires and heal bombs from the mage but it went fast and good!
definitely that way to do old Zippy!

oh, and i had my bard there as well for the disco.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see it anywhere in this thread or maybe I missed it. If you have a decent Kinetic Eater on armor/shield etc you can sometimes survive his special death blow. Where some of us died immediately some were taken to red line or down about 80 to 90 % of their life with some decent Kinetic Eater on.