• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Real-Estate on Siege Perilous

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody,

this essentially is neither a Trade-Forums-thread nor a classical SP-thread, so please give me some minutes of your time.

With the option to place a second house on Siege, many of you might have done this. Now, we are experiencing that many Prodo-players actually own nice pieces of real-estate but never play on SP.

I am actually really interested in nice plots and other SP-Players, too. What I am looking for are secluded spots on Tokuno/Felucca Islands. Others are searching for good Keep-Spots or spots in cities like Zento and so on. I know that there are unused plots in player cities like Gilfane or Safe Haven.

If I can reach anybody with this thread, I am very happy! Actually, Siege is growing and there is a desire for nice housing locations. If you are interested in trading/selling your plots (e.g. for prodo-items or else), you can contact me via PM. I try to give your Information to the people who are searching.

I am not interested in profits and I am no trader. It´s just that many of us Siegeians are sad about seeing to many unused / ugly spots right in the best locations of our shard - while so many others would love to bring life to those places.

On the other hand, you all might Interpret this thread as an invitiation to actually use your houses and play here on Siege. I bet, many of you will like it.

Please contact me, if you have placed a house on Siege and you have no use for it. It´s 30 sec work for you and me as I will come and have a look - and you might end up with a nice profit.

Best wishes!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can only second this, if you own a plot on Siege and not use it, sell it to someone who will use it. Evt put your contact info in house name, stratics nick or ICQ #.

If you can't remember where you placed your house, ask on Siege forum, tell house owner name, and I'm sure someone will help you find it.

Maybe give Siege a second try before you take down house or sell it. All I ask for is, if you own a house on Siege, use it or get rid of it so others can have the plot.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love my home real close to Cove, though I do not play as much on Siege as I use to. I do not want to give up my home :D

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No problem. This thread rather addresses those who dont love their spots as much as you do ;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It is house plots like this one, that annoy me. If you search for the char on MyUO, he is not even there, I remember he placed the house, when we got the second house rules, but he never played :(
Here could live an active Safe Haven Citizen

upload_2016-6-10_18-10-40.png

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many many of those places that annoy us active Siege-Players. I am sure, some of us are willing to pay alot of prodo-gold/trade items on prodo-shards, just to get rid of those plots.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a house hoarder, I can't give them up. I pay for three accounts just to preserve my six houses.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm a house hoarder, I can't give them up. I pay for three accounts just to preserve my six houses.
Just come and play with us Aran, then I have no problems with your homes. The day will come, where you will feel as home on Siege.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm still waiting for that day I can place a Keep on Siege. (Currently am a 5 house owner). On Siege I have a box in a box, in Malas and a garden over near Skara Brae

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just come and play with us Aran, then I have no problems with your homes. The day will come, where you will feel as home on Siege.
I do, I'm just usually quiet when I'm on.

Weird, I know. But true.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is house plots like this one, that annoy me. If you search for the char on MyUO, he is not even there, I remember he placed the house, when we got the second house rules, but he never played :(
Here could live an active Safe Haven Citizen

View attachment 48763
Uh, just note the name on the house sign - all you need to know. :rolleyes:

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has some really great house designs and talented designers, it is a shame to have empty plots from inactive players littering a world that many have put a great deal of time and effort into.

Let me share an encounter I had the other night! In hopes that I can inspire you to either drop your unused Siege house or share your creative designs with the rest of us.

I had been exploring some of the marvelous houses on Siege Perilous and met someone that we will call Русски псих. They offered to show me the ultimate ultima online weapon.

Of course I thought it was a trap, the broken English the Русски used was a tell tale sign of an adolescent PVP'er looking for an easy kill. Really, someone offering to show you the ultimate ultima online weapon will surely want to use it on you! Little did I know that the broken English was simply a traveler that did not speak the king's native tongue. Cautiously I followed the Русски into his house.

There was a small distillery used to create home made Vodka, I eagerly accepted the bottle of fine liquor as to not offend my host.

I was then shown one of the most creative designs I had ever seen in the world of Ultima. Simply named the "P'enotrator 9000 (Ultimate Ultima Online Weapon)"

Surely it is for Проникновение в тылы врага, what a masterful feat of engineering!

I know not everyone is a professional house designer or has such a great knack for creativity, but if you come to Siege please share your creativity with others to enjoy or allow someone else to share!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive seen a lot of houses get placed and drop over the last year.
seems to be a real hot bed of real estate there on siege.
i know the plot a couple screens over from mine has come and gone 3 times in the last couple months.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Five years ago housing was wide open and in a weeks time I placed 7 keeps in various locations. Held them over the winter and gave a couple away and dropped the rest in the spring. When I come back from my traditional UO Off season and can play more regularly I replace the houses that I dropped in the spring unless someone liked the spot and placed. The only 4 houses I traditionally don't drop are the Wolf House, the island keep and the warehouse next to it and the Vesper Ant House.

So after the second house is allowed I come back and two of my favorite house spots have dirt plots sitting in them....... And they have sat as dirt plots ever since and it appears will be sitting as dirt plot for eternity. I don't mind a active or semi active plot taking the spots but come on just a empty private dirt plot that serves ZERO purpose.........

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like the Siege community (I include myself in that) pleaded for the second house on siege option and it has now backfired. It was designed to increase the Siege population (has it done that noticeably?) but instead has resulted in houses that no one log on and use any more, resulting in not necessarily a shortage, but an unforseen and unwanted situation where lots of good spots are taken possibly for years but never used..

The Second house on Siege should have required a refresh to keep it standing. Hindsight is 20:20 I guess.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like the Siege community (I include myself in that) pleaded for the second house on siege option and it has now backfired. It was designed to increase the Siege population (has it done that noticeably?) but instead has resulted in houses that no one log on and use any more, resulting in not necessarily a shortage, but an unforseen and unwanted situation where lots of good spots are taken possibly for years but never used..

The Second house on Siege should have required a refresh to keep it standing. Hindsight is 20:20 I guess.
Several of us wanted that refresh and suggest making it where folks had to name either their prodo or siege house as primary and it had to be refreshed every so many day. Personally I wanted every 60 days that way the people playing the 90 day game would lose the second house that was not primary. Next best option IMO was allowing a second house across the board on all shards, more in favor of that one now days. If prodo players could place a house on 2 prodo shards, I would bet that the second house dirt plots littering siege would be gone over night. I remember several of us making the prediction of where the second house would lead. But it was a all or nothing deal. Sometimes I wonder if nothing would have been better.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has some really great house designs and talented designers, it is a shame to have empty plots from inactive players littering a world that many have put a great deal of time and effort into.

Let me share an encounter I had the other night! In hopes that I can inspire you to either drop your unused Siege house or share your creative designs with the rest of us.

I had been exploring some of the marvelous houses on Siege Perilous and met someone that we will call Русски псих. They offered to show me the ultimate ultima online weapon.

Of course I thought it was a trap, the broken English the Русски used was a tell tale sign of an adolescent PVP'er looking for an easy kill. Really, someone offering to show you the ultimate ultima online weapon will surely want to use it on you! Little did I know that the broken English was simply a traveler that did not speak the king's native tongue. Cautiously I followed the Русски into his house.

There was a small distillery used to create home made Vodka, I eagerly accepted the bottle of fine liquor as to not offend my host.

I was then shown one of the most creative designs I had ever seen in the world of Ultima. Simply named the "P'enotrator 9000 (Ultimate Ultima Online Weapon)"

Surely it is for Проникновение в тылы врага, what a masterful feat of engineering!

I know not everyone is a professional house designer or has such a great knack for creativity, but if you come to Siege please share your creativity with others to enjoy or allow someone else to share!

I make a lot of Original stone BORG CUBES :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Naw, people definitely saw this all coming, and that was one of the arguments against it. Some requested the active refresh, but we were told all or nothing. Sadly with UO players strong hoarding tendencies, those dozens of empty plots in nice spots are most likely a permanent landmark for someone who will never play the shard.

This is what happens when you cater to people who don't play siege (and don't even want to play siege), rather than to the ones who DO.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why I started thread! I still got alot of prodo gold and items and would like to trade or find trading partners for certain spots :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Second house on Siege should have required a refresh to keep it standing
Maybe people should have 6 month to choose what house to make primary without need for refresh and what house to make secondary with refresh at least one time each 2-3 months.

Some would choose their Siege house as primary as that is where they play most, others would choose their Prodo home as primary.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why I started thread! I still got alot of prodo gold and items and would like to trade or find trading partners for certain spots :)
Found the owner of one of the dirt plots I wanted to replace or so I thought. Was going to cost me 150 mil prodo gold, he had logged upstairs luna, so we meet I gate to the house and he informs me that he can't trade it because its not his. House belongs to someone with the same name. Ok I ask so where is your house? Ummm I am not real sure, someone gave me the gold to place and have been gone since and can't remember where I placed it................

I have since talked to several second house holders that are not sure where their Siege house even is!!!! Of course right now I have a lot of dirt plots since I was getting ready for my annual house demolishing, when I decided to do that whole public hub thing. So don'tmistake one of my houses for a dirt plot ghost house I Name all of mine -=Insert Letters or numbers=- IE -=G=- As far as I know no one else uses that house tag :) If one of my out of the way spots is one you want and its not one of my main 4 houses, I will be happy to give it to you.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe people should have 6 month to choose what house to make primary without need for refresh and what house to make secondary with refresh at least one time each 2-3 months.

Some would choose their Siege house as primary as that is where they play most, others would choose their Prodo home as primary.
2 months on the refresh :) I don't want to see the 90 dayers get to keep 2 houses at 1/3 of what it cost everyone else. And no I don't do the 90 day thing ;0) I likes my vet rewards too much!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have since talked to several second house holders that are not sure where their Siege house even is
Maybe we need to make a list of house plots, Name of owner and coordinals to the houses. I think we should be careful with paying them for the plot unless we really want it, some of them may just place a new and hope to be able to sell that too.

Hopeful some of them will be happy to find their house and give Siege a second try.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Can you even place a house in Siege now? I thought all the space was taken up.....

I might have a house from years ago but I dont even know where it would be, prob fell when my sub got D/A

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill admit when i learned i could have a house on siege and a prodo shard i immediately went out and placed two houses and started training characters. Though when i learned of a bug that prevented me from replacing a resized house on my prodo shard i quickly dropped my seige houses. Now on siege i live out of my bank box and it seems to work just fine for the limited amount of playing i do there. Siege has a great community and i wish them the best.

I happen to think siege should live by an amended version of the old house rules. If you dont log in to the house once a month the house goes into decay. This would probably help the real siege players and still provide a reason for new players to give siege a try.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I happen to think siege should live by an amended version of the old house rules. If you dont log in to the house once a month the house goes into decay. This would probably help the real siege players and still provide a reason for new players to give siege a try.
Sadly they said this is not possible (read: not going to invest the large amount of time required for such a small return). It's either a separate housing server like TC or it's not.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege is what it is.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish we would stop coming up with ways to make it what it isn't.
It all stems from the population be so low. The problem is that people think that the population is so low because there's something wrong with siege, and not only that, but that the problem can be fixed by making siege more like other shards.

Now I agree that Siege absolutely has some "broken" elements, but I don't think they would be fixed by making the shard more prodo like, as that would damaging Siege rather than repairing it.

Of course, as has been discussed a trillion times over by now, I'm sure, to really fix Siege, that is to improve the Siege experience rather than replace it, a lot of development time would be required, which we won't be getting.

So like Kelmo says: It is what it is.