• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please help! I am an idiot I guess

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to turn in my Blackthorne artifacts at the turn in npc. They were too heavy so I put them on my beetle. Of course I get dismounted after crossing the bridge. The game then auto stabled my pet. I was like crap I forgot about that. I went to the hitching post in the dungeon to get it out of the stable. And hes not there! I logged & relogged several times. I even quit & restarted the game. I looked all over for my beetle. WTF do I do? I never had a pet ball for him on this character.

Is he gone forever with all my hard work? I am waiting on a GM now, but I fear they will not answer.

Edit: I said that it autostabled. But clearly it did not. I got the same message that you get when bringing a pet to the turn in npc. Just to clarify.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a interesting one since a loaded pet won't stable. Look at your control slots and see if you are showing I believe 3 for a beetle. If you are then the beetle should be somewhere. Also leave the blackthorn area and log out and back in a loaded pet in a no pet area I believe works differently than a empty one, think I read that somewhere. If it is linked to a pet ball try summoning the pet outside of the Blackthorn area. That is about all I can think of.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to turn in my Blackthorne artifacts at the turn in npc. They were too heavy so I put them on my beetle. Of course I get dismounted after crossing the bridge. The game then auto stabled my pet. I was like crap I forgot about that - I was excited to turn in =/. I went to the hitching post in the dungeon to get it out of the stable. And hes not there! I logged & relogged several times. I even quit & restarted the game. I looked all over for my beetle. WTF do I do? I do not think I had a pet ball linked to him on this character.

Is he gone forever with all my hard work? I am waiting on a GM now, but I fear they will not answer.
OMG. I do not remember having linked this pet to a summoning ball. But, I took a chance & looked through my bank. I found a summoning ball & it was linked to him. It summoned him from where the heck ever he was with all my stuff on him. Too many conflicting rule sets in this game imo create these near or actual disasters. And yes, it was stupid of me to forget about the autostable thing. But the game should not have "eaten" or whatever it did to my loaded pet.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you found your beetle and everything on him. That would have been a very stinging loss!

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a interesting one since a loaded pet won't stable. Look at your control slots and see if you are showing I believe 3 for a beetle. If you are then the beetle should be somewhere. Also leave the blackthorn area and log out and back in a loaded pet in a no pet area I believe works differently than a empty one, think I read that somewhere. If it is linked to a pet ball try summoning the pet outside of the Blackthorn area. That is about all I can think of.
Yeah. I logged in and out in several different areas. I even killed myself to try everything. I never checked my status bar for the follower count. I did try to empty my stable of 1 swampie, 1 pack horse while riding an ethy mount. It said I had too many followers. Since each of those is 1 slot, I suppose the beetle was "somewhere". But where? I searched Blackthorne dungeon & castle grounds. I searched everywhere that I had been in the last hour.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct. Thanks for showing me.

I just tested this. I bought a pack horse & loaded it with junk & repeated my earlier mistake. I got the following message," Pets are not permitted in this area. Your pet named a pack horse could not be sent to the stables, so has been teleported outside the event area.". I went to that stable, and the pack horse was in that stable. When it is late & you are in a panic such things like checking the local stable never occur.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try using the special Box for Gras/snow tiles while dragging the bag from a pack animal. Bye bye tiles.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This kind of gets back to there is so much to know about this game. And really no database with the complete knowledge of UO other than the player base.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This kind of gets back to there is so much to know about this game. And really no database with the complete knowledge of UO other than the player base.
Technically my account is 17 yrs old - I have not played consistently for 17 yrs, so I may have known about all of this at one point in time. But UO has become such a hodgepodge of different "rulesets" & systems (quest systems for instance), that unless you are regularly dealing with them, you simply forget about the quirks & bad things happen.

I understand not being able to cast spells in that area due to the blackrock, but the whole idea of roleplaying in BT castle I think died many years ago a silent death. So why cant we simply remove the pet restrictions? When is the last time (in years) any event was held there?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically my account is 17 yrs old - I have not played consistently for 17 yrs, so I may have known about all of this at one point in time. But UO has become such a hodgepodge of different "rulesets" & systems (quest systems for instance), that unless you are regularly dealing with them, you simply forget about the quirks & bad things happen.

I understand not being able to cast spells in that area due to the blackrock, but the whole idea of roleplaying in BT castle I think died many years ago a silent death. So why cant we simply remove the pet restrictions? When is the last time (in years) any event was held there?
Um... regularly? Governor's meetings, dev meetings...