• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet's spirit lacks cohesion and to try again later.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix

I could have sworn I read somewhere, that the frustrating "Your pet's spirit lacks cohesion try again later" was being fixed/removed?.any ideas on when this is going to happen?.Any one know cause it is driving me nutz!.:p

*tantrum over". o.0

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been many posts & several thread concerning this but no where has anyone in authority mentioned it being removed.

It was implemented when NPCs in the stables started offering to resurrect players pets.

I believe it is intentional so as not to negate having real vet skills. Yes, it is frustrating. :(

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There have been many posts & several thread concerning this but no where has anyone in authority mentioned it being removed.

It was implemented when NPCs in the stables started offering to resurrect players pets.

I believe it is intentional so as not to negate having real vet skills. Yes, it is frustrating. :(

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated :)

Perhaps in my original post, I should not have stated "fixed', which implies it is broken.
It is working as intended, (if it's intent is to frustrate :p)

Lets hope it is removed sooner rather than later ...Please!!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

I could have sworn I read somewhere, that the frustrating "Your pet's spirit lacks cohesion try again later" was being fixed/removed?.any ideas on when this is going to happen?.Any one know cause it is driving me nutz!.:p

*tantrum over". o.0
For those players that have the veterinary skill, the resurrection timer is ten seconds. For non-veterinary pet resurrections, the timer is 10 minutes. We think that an appropriate middle ground would be to allow instant resurrection of pets that fall below a certain power threshold. This would allow players to immediately reclaim low level pets (such as mounts) while still giving some benefit to the investment in the veterinary skill for higher level pets. We look forward to feedback on this proposed change.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those players that have the veterinary skill, the resurrection timer is ten seconds. For non-veterinary pet resurrections, the timer is 10 minutes. We think that an appropriate middle ground would be to allow instant resurrection of pets that fall below a certain power threshold. This would allow players to immediately reclaim low level pets (such as mounts) while still giving some benefit to the investment in the veterinary skill for higher level pets. We look forward to feedback on this proposed change.
Love the idea of scaling, but I would take it a little further:

Any pet that requires zero taming: With vet = bandage res in 10 seconds | Without vet = bandage res in 60 seconds | NPC vet = 10 second timer
Slot 1 - 3 pets that require taming: With vet = bandage res in 10 seconds | Without vet = not available | NPC vet = 60 seconds
Slot 4 - 5 pets that require taming: With vet = bandage res in 10 seconds | Without vet = not available | NPC vet = 180 seconds

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would just like to have the ability to take my dead horse to the stable and have him rezzed...
without having to stand around like a numbskull waiting on his cohesion to show up

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
We think that an appropriate middle ground would be to allow instant resurrection of pets that fall below a certain power threshold.

Thanks for the quick reply Kyronix

Love this idea, whatever works for a quick rez of my swampy I am in !!:D

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Color me ignorant, but why would a player with vet skill need to rez at the stable? Makes as much sense as a legendary mage using gate scrolls...
Good point. I can't think of a reason except getting killed and losing your bandages, which are easier to replace than going to the stables

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Color me ignorant, but why would a player with vet skill need to rez at the stable? Makes as much sense as a legendary mage using gate scrolls...
I think the point was to make players without vet seek out players with vet... thereby adding some "value" for those players willing to invest in vet skill.
IMO, this has LONG since outlived its reasonableness. The only useful function I can see it serving nowdays is to put a small delay on pvpers who use pets who don't have vet skill... even that is a stretch because of how easy it is to log and save a pet from death.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering why the stable vet wouldn't rez my packy. (Thankfully a tamer happened to recall into the stable I was at.) Ten minutes is long to wait to rez a simple little pack llama that got too brave. As a fisher and a lumberjack, I hope low level pets includes pack animals. (I would think so but you never know.)

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: My opinion is that a two minute timer would be more reasonable non-veterinarians (for the same reasons there is a two minute time-out on using soulstones after combat). There is already the impeding requirement to be at a stable.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It would be one thing if there were always a player with Vet skill on. But let's assume that I don't multi-account. 10 minutes is a long time to wait when there aren't any tamers online.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Eh 10 minutes makes that completely pointless. You can get someone else to rez it for free.

I thought the trade off for NPC resurrection was gold. If anything just remove the timer and increase the gold sink amount.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You put part of veterinary's functionality on an NPC, needed to come up with something to maintain the value of the skill, and settled on a ten-minute timesink. I think timesinks suck and you need to think of something better.

Or just let everyone drop vet if they really feel like recalling to the stable all the time. Whatever. I firmly believe timesinks are cancer when it comes to game design.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the game had more people, you could get a player to pet rez @ the bank. Now I just stand there being ignored or everyone is afk. Times have changed. The timer needs to go IMO.

Is not the skill loss enough of a penalty for anyone who will abuse rhis? Loss of skill on a high lvl pet is time consuming to retrain.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the game had more people, you could get a player to pet rez @ the bank. Now I just stand there being ignored or everyone is afk. Times have changed. The timer needs to go IMO.

Is not the skill loss enough of a penalty for anyone who will abuse rhis? Loss of skill on a high lvl pet is time consuming to retrain.
If you're losing .2 every time a high-end pet like a greater dragon dies, it's better to invest in the vet skill, especially in the likely event you can't get anyone to rez it for you. While there's only a small # of individual monsters capable of killing a GD, which is even more the case with the masteries, it's still worth having vet on a soulstone in case something happens.

And re-training skills is time consuming? Huh? Whenever my Greater dies, I go to Fel Destard, activate Whispering & turn on Consume Damage, and my pet's back to max in all skills (with the possible exception of Magery) in the 10 minutes Whispering is running.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am as annoyed by anyone by the time-sink... but I do think it's fair that players with Vet get a bonus here and don't have to deal with the "lack of cohesion"

Here is what I would suggest as a middle ground - make it cost substantially more gold if you don't want to wait the 10 minutes. If you want to rez you pet without waiting for the time sink to end... make it 50K. This would act as a nice little gold sink.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am as annoyed by anyone by the time-sink... but I do think it's fair that players with Vet get a bonus here and don't have to deal with the "lack of cohesion"

Here is what I would suggest as a middle ground - make it cost substantially more gold if you don't want to wait the 10 minutes. If you want to rez you pet without waiting for the time sink to end... make it 50K. This would act as a nice little gold sink.
I don't know if I'd make it 50k but something like 15k or 20k a shot would be fine.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Wouldn't (shouldn't) the bonus of vet be that you can res your pet in the field?

Who the ^#^* is fighting in town and using the town vet to res pets mid fight? For virtually any fight that matters (excluding Yew gate or VVV towns) having to return to town for the pet res is issue enough. It's not like you can gate straight to a town vet from fel champ spawns or peerless encounters. If you are back in town with a dead pet, more than likely the fight that killed your pet is already over.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wouldn't (shouldn't) the bonus of vet be that you can res your pet in the field?

Who the ^#^* is fighting in town and using the town vet to res pets mid fight? For virtually any fight that matters (excluding Yew gate or VVV towns) having to return to town for the pet res is issue enough. It's not like you can gate straight to a town vet from fel champ spawns or peerless encounters. If you are back in town with a dead pet, more than likely the fight that killed your pet is already over.
Right... but that shouldn't negate the timesink or potential gold sink.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But it shouldnt cost a fortune to rez a utility pet (packie, ossie, horse) nor should it have a timer. seriously, is having my ossie rezzed without a timer gonna make my crafter overpowered?

I can see it for GDs and WWs... but not the non fighting pets

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should come to Siege and experience the player version of spirit cohesion that prevents you from gating, the devs still chuckle that they threw that one at us.

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it shouldnt cost a fortune to rez a utility pet (packie, ossie, horse) nor should it have a timer. seriously, is having my ossie rezzed without a timer gonna make my crafter overpowered?

I can see it for GDs and WWs... but not the non fighting pets
Completely agree.

Scenario: I am out with my crafter / imbuer with his pack animal bringing back a packload of reforged items, crafting materials, imbuing materials, etc to my house, I recall into the "safe" spot @ the front steps and a local spawn (gargoyle, reaper) bombards my pack animal with 2-3 spells (there is lag on recalling in so the mob almost always has the jump on you), it dies almost immediately after recalling in. I have to switch characters or log onto an alternate account to kill the mob because this is a non combat character. If I also happen to die, then I have to also get my character rezzed. After all this, I cannot pick up the items off the corpse because too many or too heavy (the reason I had the pack animal to start with). I have to either drag the items onto my "front porch" or get an alt account to get his pack animal to put the stuff in the house. Why? Because I have to wait for this 10 min timer to let me rez my pack animal instead of being able to get it rezzed immediately to gather my stuff again. This has happened multiple times this year. I cannot control the local spawn or random mob killing my pack animals or me in what is normally a safe area. It happens. But the game developers can make this less frustrating by removing the timer on pack animals.

I like the idea of the criteria for removing the timer based on creature power. How am I going to exploit with a packy, swamp dragon, or my favorite pet rabbit? You might disagree on the swamp dragon, but I dont care.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about lowering the timer for vet npc rezzes and still have the skill loss and cost as is, but if the pet is rezzed by a player character with vet skill it suffers zero skill loss.

Would be a nice bonus to actually having the vet skill.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a Pets res Potion available which can be insured. Search about the use of Medusa blood.