• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug report question

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How mant times/frequenly do we need to submit a bug report for devs to actually do anything about it?
I would've thought once was enough however this doesn't appear to be the case.
Do we need to submit the bug report each day/week?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How mant times/frequenly do we need to submit a bug report for devs to actually do anything about it?
I would've thought once was enough however this doesn't appear to be the case.
Do we need to submit the bug report each day/week?
it has been my experience that they give no indication the report was received. the only way you would know is if it gets fixed.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It only takes 1 bug report. But that doesn't mean they will fix it. They usually throw them in the "fix it next publish" pile, and you know how that works.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kyronix has been fond of saying "It has been added to the backlog"... Would imagine that pile is rather large.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reporting a bug and fixing it isn't a 'turn a switch on' option. Before you can fix it, you have to discover what is causing it. How much information were you able to give about the why's and wherefore's of what is happening?

Not to throw cold water, but is what you are reporting truly a bug? Or just something that doesn't work the way you think it should? I've seen a lot of 'bug' reports that fall into that category.