• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to UO, but where to?

Dj Fayte

Visitor
So i started playing UO after many a year. I had to start over since the last time I played ( which was after Age of shadows released) the account was not mine. So now I am currently looking for a home. I was playing on Great Lakes for the longest time and then when it was started, transferred to Lake Austin. Any suggestions? I don't want to pvp that much until a later time.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome back! Always good to see old players return.

Regarding shard, I would recommend you try out a few before you decide. The best would be one that is in your own timezone, as it makes it easier to meet people and also to participate in EM events.

Atlantic is by far the most populated server, and you usually find many people banksitting all hours of the day.
I have Europa as my main shard and play atlantic sometimes. The cons of atlantic is that you cant just go out and place a big house, many other shards have free spaces for 18x18 or even keeps and castles somewhere.

But try out a week or so on a few different shards in your timezone, to see if it is the one you are looking for :)
It all also depends on your play style - if you wanna do group hunts, or are more of a solo kind-of-guy.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why not set up home on Europa? We are a friendly community on there. We have a meeting at West Brit Bank everyday at 6pm UK time where we help new and returning players like yourself. I also run a guild that was primarily set up for new and returning players but seems to attract all sorts of players now and is a very active guild.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So i started playing UO after many a year. I had to start over since the last time I played ( which was after Age of shadows released) the account was not mine. So now I am currently looking for a home. I was playing on Great Lakes for the longest time and then when it was started, transferred to Lake Austin. Any suggestions? I don't want to pvp that much until a later time.
Personally I would go back to Great Lakes or come to Atlantic, those are the two most populated shards right now. You should be able to get a lot of in-game help and have more guild options :)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Here is a little more info about Siege in one of my links in my signatur.

Siege is much more than PvP, we have players who invite to public PvM hunts. Siege is about community.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I returned just a few months ago and am on Lake Austin, which was where all my characters are housed. While it is rare I see others ingame, I am usually rebuilding my resource 9wood, ores, etc) for my crafters ... and tackling some of the older dungeons to simply get back into things.

Atlantic - always has been a hotbed of activity with odds you'll stumble onto folks a lot more than LA. I've been toying with trying out Siege so that Kelmo at least can whack my butt a few times if he wishes. :rolleyes::p But overall I would say try a few - including the Euro ones - and see where you fit the best.

Good luck and welcome back!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dudes! You always forget to tell the returning players they can pick any shard they like... and Siege. You are allowed one house on Siege and one house on any other shard (excluding Mugen I think). It really is a wonderful deal, Siege might surprise you. I hope I see ya out there, be sure to be in general chat.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dudes? hope it is not me and Sara you call dudes :p

I did not forget to tell, I believe we have enough dirt plot and houses placed of visitors on Siege. I wish they would take down their house, when they decide, Siege is not the right shard for them.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey Kelmo! Should I make a character on Siege so's you can wax my butt for not specifically pushing the returnee to there? Hmmm? :cool::D

Dj Fayte

Visitor
LOL I think I will give Seige a try for now. But make Great lakes or atlantic my home. I live in CA so the ping for a Europa might be a lil high

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to really try something different try Siege. The pks are near as bad as they used to be. Plenty of houseing areas. And a great community.
And there are no Thieves on Siege either......... Important to not that :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I think I will give Seige a try for now. But make Great lakes or atlantic my home. I live in CA so the ping for a Europa might be a lil high
GL is a decent shard with a healthy population. On Siege if you need any help getting geared up with the basics let me know or several others if they are on will most likely help you get up and running if you give a shout out in GC.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dudes? hope it is not me and Sara you call dudes :p

I did not forget to tell, I believe we have enough dirt plot and houses placed of visitors on Siege. I wish they would take down their house, when they decide, Siege is not the right shard for them.
The Dirt plots and Ghost houses do get old fast! I atleast have the decency to drop all but my primary houses when I leave UO for the market season :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless you find a house spot that you can't live without I would make chars on all the west coast shards to see if one of those might not suit you better considering the time difference and the lag to the east coast. Pac and Baja both have a good population, just give a shout out in gen chat because we all not hang out in Luna.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good decision. I would do GL + Siege. But I am rather a misanthrope. ATL is no place for misanthropes - too many reasons to get enraged ;-P