• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the PITS! (Mirrored house bug)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, since the publish has gone live, I've done the quests (both sides) about 10-12x each.

And well, my luck is absolutely amazing /end sarcasm.

Is there any way to fix mirrored houses? This is what I deal with each and every time I go to the pits...
ghost house in pits.jpg

It just so happens, my main house is in this exact spot in the felucca facet, so it appears here in the pit and I'm unable to walk through the walls, is there anyway to fix this without restarting the client or making a different house my main house? It's quite annoying...

Fix please :D

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
every time I go to excodus dungeon, there are houses blocking me from passing I have to log out and back in. these houses are the same ones that are across the street from me, luna lol. and yes very annoying. been this way for long time.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
every time I go to excodus dungeon, there are houses blocking me from passing I have to log out and back in. these houses are the same ones that are across the street from me, luna lol. and yes very annoying. been this way for long time.
Yeah it happens to me all the time when I switch shards and pvp at yew gate, there are houses from other shards, never really had to deal with it in any pvm settings though... =X

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Somewhere in the preferences menus there's an option that says something about "number of cached houses." Turn it down and your problem should be fixed. Sorry for not being more specific, not at my computer right now.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Think I remember folks in the past saying to not cache houses in options and that clears it up for some folks. Maybe give that a shot?? Hope it helps, cause that blows there...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Think I remember folks in the past saying to not cache houses in options and that clears it up for some folks. Maybe give that a shot?? Hope it helps, cause that blows there...
I know they say great minds think alike.. but at the same time? lol

Or did we just prove that idoits think alike at the same time as well :gee:

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Maybe you should not be using 4 cilents. That has got to cause some problems?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you should not be using 4 cilents. That has got to cause some problems?
Nah, the amount of clients I'm running makes no difference, normally I run 7-9 clients at a time.

I'm damn sure not doing this war thing 9 times before each boss run either. that would be terrible, within another month or two no one's going to be doing this quest except on rare occasion. so I'll be stocked with rewards by time that happens.... even though I normally solo or two-man the bosses anyway.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Somewhere in the preferences menus there's an option that says something about "number of cached houses." Turn it down and your problem should be fixed. Sorry for not being more specific, not at my computer right now.
This doesnt work. I have mine set to 1...still happens.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it happens to me all the time when I switch shards and pvp at yew gate, there are houses from other shards, never really had to deal with it in any pvm settings though... =X
I was going to say...Ive been experiencing this for the past 10 years. Not so much a problem now that there are only two shards to pvp on but yeah, good luck seeing this fixed, it's been mentioned so many times.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not to troll or anything... but I am glad they are putting in content to where every character that goes into a boss fight has to key the fight or do the long quest. Kinda levels the playing field somewhat :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to troll or anything... but I am glad they are putting in content to where every character that goes into a boss fight has to key the fight or do the long quest. Kinda levels the playing field somewhat :)
Shadowguard is like that too, and so is the Shadowlord encounter. But both of them take less time than this new content and have much harder bosses. And better loot/rewards.

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So i get this problem all the time too, when i enter into exodus houses, i always see a lot of the fel yew gate houses outside honor or inside exodus dungeon. What fixes it for me is, close your client and re-open it. Always fixes this prob 100% of time. So just an easy restart, Ive been having this problem for 2yrs now, since i came back to this game. It seem to happen alot more often is you play different shards too, and then start switching shards often and houses from Chessy luna will appear on Atl, i would suggest, just close your client completely and re-open it, it fixes it for me every time. Hope that helps.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
a lot of this has to do with graphics and such.
i'd say might be time for an upgrade, but then UO is rather archiac and shouldn't be sucking up/draining resources...

UNLESS

there is a memory leak or something or other that is causing redraw issues with the client

even with my spiffy alienware box I get ghost houses.
and my rig plays diablo like a breeze at max torment so no, not a poor or low grade computer here

something in the client (both CC & EC as it happens in both) is not purging older memory/cache the way it should and that is, indeed, a programming issue.
could be the game is not getting optmized for the newer, more spiffy computer rigs?

hmmm...o.0

anyhoo... back to the lurk