• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alternative way on How to Subscribe for UO

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Ok, Few people asked me about, So I did a quick video to show How Easy it is to fix the "problems" that you are having to reactivate and account or subscribe or whatever you want to call!!

Yes, Broadsword is aware of the problem and they already said something about on uo.com
in the meantime, if your account is closed or will expire soon, just go to origin.com , BUY a game time code and apply to your account, It is really not that hard!!!!

go to origin.com and

After your purchased the code, please go to your account mgmt page
accounts.eamythic.com
Log using your email/pass - same as the origin one!
choose subscribe

and place the code as it show on the picture!!!

It is really Not that hard, Yes, it is a little bit more steps than you normally do, but at least you can PLAY!!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually this isnt quite true is it? I thought we now had to enter the code without the hyphens in it? At least thats what I was instructed to do and it worked.
I just c/p it once I purchase it and I've never had any problems. You might be able to do it that way, but I haven't tried.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just c/p it once I purchase it and I've never had any problems. You might be able to do it that way, but I haven't tried.
I thought there was some bug and we were instructed to omit the dashes? At least thats what I did and it worked. Or is that bug just with sovereign codes??

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like drcossack said. Just copy and paste the code. I've done it this way many times and never had a problem with it.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried the broken way a couple days ago. So I read this and decided to buy a code. After 2 days I finally got my gametime code in my email. I went to log in to my account page and I keep getting username/password errors. So I thought, maybe I somehow got my password wrong (despite using it two days ago and having it saved) and went through the process to change it. But now after I enter my new password (twice) and submit, I get an error and sent to the homepage. So now I finally have a gametime code with no way of entering it...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried the broken way a couple days ago. So I read this and decided to buy a code. After 2 days I finally got my gametime code in my email. I went to log in to my account page and I keep getting username/password errors. So I thought, maybe I somehow got my password wrong (despite using it two days ago and having it saved) and went through the process to change it. But now after I enter my new password (twice) and submit, I get an error and sent to the homepage. So now I finally have a gametime code with no way of entering it...
Don't know for sure that it will help, but maybe try clearing cache/cookies for the account management site and then try again. If that doesn't work, wait a few days if you can just in case Broadsword and EA have somehow disconnected the account management site from wherever EA saves login and password info.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
while reading this post, it got me thinking that videos for new/old players could be extremely helpful in nearly every area in uo. maybe stratics can start to put together tutitorial videos. this could go along way for someone to really understand how to do/perform certain actions.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like someone may have updated the most recent post to the uo.com website. I notice that the second line now says, "The issue stopping players from subbing their accounts as they would normally is now resolved!" However, there's nothing to indicate when that line was added to the post.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
while reading this post, it got me thinking that videos for new/old players could be extremely helpful in nearly every area in uo. maybe stratics can start to put together tutitorial videos. this could go along way for someone to really understand how to do/perform certain actions.
:hula::hula::hula:

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Few people asked me about, So I did a quick video to show How Easy it is to fix the "problems" that you are having to reactivate and account or subscribe or whatever you want to call!!

Yes, Broadsword is aware of the problem and they already said something about on uo.com
in the meantime, if your account is closed or will expire soon, just go to origin.com , BUY a game time code and apply to your account, It is really not that hard!!!!

go to origin.com and

After your purchased the code, please go to your account mgmt page
accounts.eamythic.com
Log using your email/pass - same as the origin one!
choose subscribe

and place the code as it show on the picture!!!

It is really Not that hard, Yes, it is a little bit more steps than you normally do, but at least you can PLAY!!!

Thanks for this! I have been not been playing for a year and I just buy codes to keep my houses from falling. Normally I copy and paste the codes from the Origin store sale page as soon as I pay for them, but this time I bought them a couple of days ahead.

I wrote down the 4 codes I bought by hand just in case something got screwed up, but I sure hoped I wouldn't have to do the work of entering them by hand.

Just now I went back to the Origin store and logged into my account there and pulled up my purchase history where it shows each transaction and the code I paid for, but it wouldn't allow me to copy from there, so, I tried entering the first code to the first account I wanted to resub. No caps no dashes.

Invalid code. Went back and entered the code again no caps this time with the dashes. Again invalid code message. Then I noticed Windows remembered the code and capitalized it for me in the drop down menu so I tried it that way. With the caps and the dashes. Invalid code. Oh yes at this point I'm beginning to be annoyed.

I tried entering by hand with caps and dashes, invalid code.

So I came here and the post about waiting a couple days for the code by email is what helped me. Thanks also to that particular poster!

I use a separate email to buy from Origin so I only log into to when I have to retrieve the security code the Origin store sends me before I am allowed to make a purchase.

In the email from Origin about the specific purchase there was the code that I WAS allowed to copy and when I pasted it it worked.

Crazy.

Atlantic Realtor thank you for starting this thread.

:)