• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I collected some data, and I decided to make that data searchable for everyone

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anytime I try to start a new template, I struggle the most with gearing up the new character People returning to the game may have some trouble with gearing up new characters as well. It's tough to know exactly what you need to be competitive, and there aren't too many resources out there. I also find myself wondering, "how the hell does that guy have so much mana and also swing so fast?!" or "how did that person fit all those skills on their temp?!" I have no idea if anyone else will even find this useful. It's also hosted on a dev server at the moment so the performance may not be great. There is still a lot more I can do with this (finding which crafters people are wearing the most gear from, etc). Some people might not like this. Eh, whatever, here it is http://www.uosuits.com/ (Atlantic only at the moment)

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
*Applauds Efforts* :)

As you mentioned, I don't know if everyone will like the site, insofar as some folks might like to 'hide' their items under some clothing or robes for PVP purposes, for example. I take it the engine searches all players who have logged in within 'X' time?
Cheers

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It will search all players / suits I have recorded. The search results will show you the most recent suit that the player wore, but you can click the search results and see entire history of suits that I recorded for a player, sorted by date. I only add new suits for a player if something has changed in their suit, though I am still working out a few kinks with this so there will be some redundant information. It's almost all ironed out at this point. When I recorded data early on, there were more kinks, so earlier data has more potential to be redundant.

It's also worth noting that in EC, you can see a players entire suit regardless of clothing they try to wear to cover it up.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think this is a really cool idea!

I'm not sure how you collected the data, but I did notice that on my character named Captn Norrington (the one wearing Crux Ansata stuff) it said I haven't logged in since May 20th, when I log in just about daily, including yesterday. So that part might need to be tweaked a bit.

Last edited:

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Look forward to seeing it implemented on Europa. I have a character I placed on Atlantic a while back but for some reason he doesn't show in this.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a really cool idea!

I'm not sure how you collected the data, but I did notice that on my character named Captn Norrington (the one wearing Crux Ansata stuff) it said I haven't logged in since May 20th, when I log in just about daily, including yesterday. So that part might need to be tweaked a bit.
Seeing as he has no "GM" or Special rights in game, i'd assume his Bot or whatever would have to physically SEE your char to record the data. Simply logging in won't make you appear on his database.

My Atl Chars are on there, 2 of 4 i play anyway. Impressive Stuff.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Common sense dictates that a script has been written, one or more chars has been parked in high traffic places to, most likely unattended, scan players that passes them and the mods are giving it a thumbs up?

*shakes head*

The thread should be removed and the poster should be banned if my theory is correct. Or maybe he can convince the mods that he goes around and manually clicks paperdolls and manually enters that information into his database...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
and the mods are giving it a thumbs up?
Why must people always do this?

First of all what "mods"? I am the only staff member who has posted here. Second, why do you assume that me saying I like the idea is the entire staff approving whatever he did to get the information?

There is a difference between me as a person saying I like an idea and the staff as a whole approving something.

I don't use, or approve of scripts either but nothing in his post mentions a script therefore his post is not breaking any rules. It would be incredibly unfair to ban someone for a post like this where no rules are broken.

It's very irritating that people seem to not realize Stratics staff members are still normal posters, not everything we say is an official declaration or a new rule....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Second, why do you assume that me saying I like the idea is the entire staff approving whatever he did to get the information?

There is a difference between me as a person saying I like an idea and the staff as a whole approving something.
One of the mindsets I never really liked. Even when I was just a lowly Shard Reporter folks would say, "So Stratics now says X" based off a post I made. I grew tired of having to say, "I am nothing but a reporter, I do not make Stratics rules and never speak for Stratics"... I dang near added it to my sig lol

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I think people confuse "staff" and "mod" as well. As a side note, for anyone who cares, I am a programmer; there's a big difference between being interested in how code works and in exploiting the game.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree @BrianFreud. My removed post where I called you out was more to prove a point to the guy upset that the mods/staff/whateverthe**** would support this in anyway. Am I exploiting the game here? I'm not gaining a competitive advantage to anything that I am doing. I am simply creating a resource that I thought would help others, a resource that the community seemed to be lacking. I saw a void, and used my skills / interest in programming to fill try and fill that void. People see the word "scripting" as a dirty word and automatically associate it with cheating. It's something I would encourage everyone to try. It's using code to solve interesting problems.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's something I would encourage everyone to try. It's using code to solve interesting problems.
Ummm... don't think everyone should try. I mean if I tried I would someway.... somehow end up deleting all of UO and everyone would be mad at me :confused:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Common sense dictates that a script has been written, one or more chars has been parked in high traffic places to, most likely unattended, scan players that passes them and the mods are giving it a thumbs up?

*shakes head*

The thread should be removed and the poster should be banned if my theory is correct. Or maybe he can convince the mods that he goes around and manually clicks paperdolls and manually enters that information into his database...

Proof? What ROC did he break? He broke no Rules of Conduct and i'm going to assume you have no proof to back up your accusations.

I like the website and will use it.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I really like the idea too, I put in my main char name and everything he's wearing is listed on the site. Great job @elster and let's hope that mods @Captn Norrington and @BrianFreud can get this implemented! lol :p

PS: Now obviously I mean the real mods hehe :D

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some of my toons didnt pop up. some did. Pretty cool, however, id definitely like to know how you are getting the info. icq me 609670565 i love some geek talk. :)