• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You know not getting anywhere when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get service like what you see below: By the way, how do you actually go about contacting Mythic support? [email protected]? Really?

Kerks Marx
Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Kerks Marx. How may I assist you today?
you Hi, I bought an advanced character token for Ultima Online and received the kind that doesn't allow me to select the skills I wish to be advanced.
you I just redeemed the code I received and it gave me the wrong token type.
Kerks Marx May I ask what game is this for?
you Ultima.... Online....
Kerks Marx May I have the code?
you NO YOU DONT GET THE CODE
you Did you get it?
Kerks Marx Thank you, upon checking on this code it show me that this code was already consumed in your account and for this since Ultima has their own support please contact them through this link Bioware Mythic | Account Management
you Ok I'm not seeing anything on how to contact any support at that site when I login....
Kerks Marx From the lower right there's an option where you choose from Dark Age or Ultima
you Do you have the contact email?
you Or phone number?
Kerks Marx Here's the page for their support Bioware Mythic | Account Management
you Wow. LOL

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me the issue would seem to be the confusion by having two codes doing almost the same thing, but not quite. The moment the Mythic token was introduced the advanced char token should have been discontinued at once. Not the first time this mistake has been made, and won't be the last. Totally confusing, and totally bad business.

*waits for the defenders of Mythic's virtues to chime in*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#1 is he bought the wrong token and is trying to make it out to be UOs fault and
#2 the support link is at the bottom and even says Support
Guess the OP really needs to learn to read.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you Hi, I bought an advanced character token for Ultima Online and received the kind that doesn't allow me to select the skills I wish to be advanced.

I...I dont even

you Ok I'm not seeing anything on how to contact any support at that site when I login....
Hmmm
http://i64.***********/20fbzuo.png

Of course, you also directly on UO.com

See the word Support there?

Congrats, you bought the wrong token, you contacted the wrong support and you came to the totally brand new conclusion that EA sucks. Good thing the actual correct support is much better.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the service is fantastic compared to German telecom-companies ;)

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should have just went with a 3rd party seller. SO little issues with them compared to EA/Mythic. Maybe the point of this whole post for the people that stand under rain with their mouths open waiting for water, is that, when I asked an EA REP for the contact info for Mythic he repasted a link to their website. He didn't give me a phone number, he didn't give me an email. Nothing. And no, the only email I found was contact@whatever..... like most of you, I have messanna's email, but I don't want to walk around at "pixel crack" drops waiting for a handout from her while planting 2lips to get support from a CORPORATION. And why does it matter what I bought? If I don't want it, and want it returned or refunded, why is that an issue? I have the token, have a gm delete it, and refund my money.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should have just went with a 3rd party seller. SO little issues with them compared to EA/Mythic. Maybe the point of this whole post for the people that stand under rain with their mouths open waiting for water, is that, when I asked an EA REP for the contact info for Mythic he repasted a link to their website. He didn't give me a phone number, he didn't give me an email. Nothing. And no, the only email I found was contact@whatever..... like most of you, I have messanna's email, but I don't want to walk around at "pixel crack" drops waiting for a handout from her while planting 2lips to get support from a CORPORATION. And why does it matter what I bought? If I don't want it, and want it returned or refunded, why is that an issue? I have the token, have a gm delete it, and refund my money.
You sound like an entitled, obnoxious ass customer.

Hint hint: when you type incoherent sentences into a support chat and then type-yell at the person in ALL CAPS, you're demonstrating that you're either A) an idiot, B) an *******, C) both. They're not obligated to go out of their way and give you a refund for your own mistake, and you gave them absolutely no reason to treat you courteously or with respect.

If you tried to return something in person and acted this way, they would just ask you to leave, no refund given.

In short, you got what you deserved and, as everyone else has said...learn to read.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And why does it matter what I bought? If I don't want it, and want it returned or refunded, why is that an issue? I have the token, have a gm delete it, and refund my money.
How about the simple fact that you read the refund policy when you purchased the code just as well as you read the product description. The code you bought has a NO REFUND policy.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI you have to have under 200 skill points on the character that is trying to use the token.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, I should have been aware that I had to read 8 websites, logon to 2 secure servers with my user credentials, kiss Messana's pinky, know every single update and item for 10 years, and that I'm not a 10 year old internet troll that can't accept the fact their favorite game company is voted the worst customer service pretty much every year...

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking about your 'LOL' at the end...thanks for clarifying that you fall into option C .
I'm just reposting this here because I think it's way too funny that you thought YOU DONT GET THE CODE was me "online yelling" at an EA Rep... haha

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the same thing. you should have just put ******* in place of the code. it was very confusing and made you look like a doofus

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda like their website... and how it's a little confusing. And this was just a little game of words in a couple threads. I'd say my point was very well made. Thanks for helping.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What happens if I buy the wrong item?
Make sure you review your cart before you click on the confirmation to purchase the items in your cart. All sales are final!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Balinor of Pk?
Posting on Stratics and expecting a different outcome from the community when you admit it was your fault for the screwup in the first place. PRICELESS

you I just redeemed the code I received and it gave me the wrong token type.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The UO website + account management all have proper links to give you contact information for UO's support. The EA Rep (Who probably has nothing to do with UO, nor do they do support for UO, gave you the correct website. Is it their fault you cant miss the plainly stated word SUPPORT?

You bought the wrong token, you thought somehow the game "glitched" and gave you the wrong token, and then you expected a refund when it plainly states they dont refund codes.

Now you are acting like it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It really isnt.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOOK OUT! Here comes the Mythic ass kissing parade. haha
Can you even explain yourself properly?

1. You bought the wrong token
2. You blamed EA/Broadsword for you buying the wrong token
3. You contacted EA support instead of Broadsword, again blaming them for you buying the wrong token
4. The EA rep gives you the accurate website, which has the accurate links to UO's support

Does pointing this out make me an ass kisser?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you even explain yourself properly?

1. You bought the wrong token
2. You blamed EA/Broadsword for you buying the wrong token
3. You contacted the wrong support, again blaming them for you buying the wrong token
4. The EA rep gives you the accurate website, which has the accurate links to UO's support

Does pointing this out make me an ass kisser?
To the rest of the world, no - it just makes @Balinor of Pk? an idiot. To him, yes.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm preeeeeeetty sure this thread has served its purpose, and it should now die a very ungraceful death.

*click*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.