• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I want to see

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Misk @Mesanna

The dev team come in game on normal characters and complete the new content. Please post a video.

You all made it, I want to see you play it like the rest of us.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cute, but have they really got the time or the inclination?

And more importantly do they even play UO?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cute, but have they really got the time or the inclination?

And more importantly do they even play UO?
I can't imagine a more important thing these (or any) Dev could do than actually play the games they make once in a while.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't imagine a more important thing these (or any) Dev could do than actually play the games they make once in a while.
If they played they wouldnt have made some of the schoolboy errors they have made lately. So I seriously doubt they play.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Misk @Mesanna

The dev team come in game on normal characters and complete the new content. Please post a video.

You all made it, I want to see you play it like the rest of us.
I think the dev team know the people playing the new content dont have "normal" Chars. Most of us have advanced chars with advanced suits and advanced weapons.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are always free to join on Test Center. Was there running through the quests a couple times with various groups. If I'm playing on production it'll be completely incognito. Like a shadow in the night.
No, no... I don't want to do it with you, or see you do it with a group of other players...
I wanna see the 4 Devs (without anyone else) complete the content... even just a video of the 4 of you doing the queen.

This would (to me) serve several functions:
1. It would be a really cool promo video to throw up on the website.
2. On most shards, 4 players is considered a pretty good size group for doing most anything, so I think it might offer some perspective on how not scaling spawn based on the number of people in the encounter can be very frustrating.
3. I, and many other players, run with the idea that the majority of the Dev team do not really play the game. I mean how long has shadowguard been out? Since day one the fountain encounter has continued to spawn elementals after it has been connected. Yet when I asked about it at the Napa M&G, all the Devs were clueless. If you all had done it even once on a production shard you would know it.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, no... I don't want to do it with you, or see you do it with a group of other players...
I wanna see the 4 Devs (without anyone else) complete the content... even just a video of the 4 of you doing the queen.

2. On most shards, 4 players is considered a pretty good size group for doing most anything, so I think it might offer some perspective on how not scaling spawn based on the number of people in the encounter can be very frustrating.
3. I, and many other players, run with the idea that the majority of the Dev team do not really play the game. I mean how long has shadowguard been out? Since day one the fountain encounter has continued to spawn elementals after it has been connected. Yet when I asked about it at the Napa M&G, all the Devs were clueless. If you all had done it even once on a production shard you would know it.
Some promo videos would be fun to make. You can watch @Bleak flying around so much you can't heal him hehehe :devil:. Although, the experience isn't going to be the same since we all know exactly how to beat the AI. I wasn't at the Napa M&G and since I built Shadowguard I couldn't offer any insight...what's the issue you are describing? From the way you put it, the elementals should keep spawning until you complete the room...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The elementals keep spawning even after you've completed the encounter, while you're waiting to get teleported out...which I never found to be much of an issue.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some promo videos would be fun to make. You can watch @Bleak flying around so much you can't heal him hehehe :devil:. Although, the experience isn't going to be the same since we all know exactly how to beat the AI. I wasn't at the Napa M&G and since I built Shadowguard I couldn't offer any insight...what's the issue you are describing? From the way you put it, the elementals should keep spawning until you complete the room...
I don't know if it's changed recently, and I don't remember the last time I did the Shadowguard rooms (maybe @CovenantX does), but they continued to spawn after the room was finished right after Time of Legends launched. They continued spawning the last time the two of us did the Fountain as well, which was sometime before the current Publish.

The elementals keep spawning even after you've completed the encounter, while you're waiting to get teleported out...which I never found to be much of an issue.
Thing is, nothing continues to spawn in the other rooms once they're done; why is it not consistent across all 5 rooms? Granted, it can't happen in the Orchard, and I'm not sure if the Belfry will spawn drakes after the Greater dies.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once all four spigots are connected all the water elementals disappear. But then while you wait to get kicked out, they continue to spawn. Since the other elementals disappear (like the treefellows in the orchard or the armor suits in the armory) it would seem like the intent was for the spawn to stop. Mesanna also said they were supposed to stop... Is it game breaking? No. But it's something that pretty much anyone who did shadowguard even once since its release would have noticed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Napa M&G was 30 May (Monday) and today is 4 June (Saturday) if you have been on vacation and not at work I can understand that this may be news to you but if not then why didn't the people at the M&G pass this info on to you?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Napa M&G was 30 May (Monday) and today is 4 June (Saturday) if you have been on vacation and not at work I can understand that this may be news to you but if not then why didn't the people at the M&G pass this info on to you?
I've been on vacation since 5/30, so I'm not up to date on the latest. Was simply trying to answer a question in my free time.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once all four spigots are connected all the water elementals disappear. But then while you wait to get kicked out, they continue to spawn. Since the other elementals disappear (like the treefellows in the orchard or the armor suits in the armory) it would seem like the intent was for the spawn to stop. Mesanna also said they were supposed to stop... Is it game breaking? No. But it's something that pretty much anyone who did shadowguard even once since its release would have noticed.
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't seem (as you point out) like that big of a concern but it should be consistent through out the ebcounters. I seem to remember another SG bug in my box for 94 so can see about including a fix for this.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well, both boss encounters aren't very hard to do with 2 people if you have the right templates. ~20mins for the queen without the 200% damage potions (I don't have them yet.. (my RNG is garbo- I've gotten 2 different potion recipes twice each out of about 10 attempts)

Takes about 20mins to do the Zipactroitl encounter as well, that one is a lot easier to do without any deaths though. but the quest leading up to the bosses is very time consuming.