• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Characters on closed accounts

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to find out which characters you have on an account if the account is closed?

If I think back Im sure it could be done through MyUO at one point? I have three accounts and want to reactivate the account with my Siege character on but cant for the life of me remember which account that is.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the current MyUO I can't find any of my chars of my account, which is currently closed.

And since you can't log in as well, I'd say you have no chance of finding out.
But that might change, once UO goes F2P :gee:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you had saved the uo desktop folder from your older PC's, there the one that now is in your documemt folder -> EA Games -> Ultima Online .... -> User Data, you can see your accounts named and sub folders for shards and char names

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had saved the uo desktop folder from your older PC's, there the one that now is in your documemt folder -> EA Games -> Ultima Online .... -> User Data, you can see your accounts named and sub folders for shards and char names
Thanks Freja, just tried that but no luck. The folders there but only for my third account which is the last one closed and I think the only one ive played on my current PC :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Was the Siege account well stocked and skilled? I hate to think you might have to wait until a Return to Brit event... but you might.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was the Siege account well stocked and skilled? I hate to think you might have to wait until a Return to Brit event... but you might.
Yeah I'd maxed the skills out and had plenty of stuff in bank and on a packy but not too much gold. I was thinking about the return to brit event but it seems like thats long overdue. Maybe I'll just have to take pot luck and pick one account and if I get it wrong open the other as well!! 50/50 chance.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yeah I'd maxed the skills out and had plenty of stuff in bank and on a packy but not too much gold. I was thinking about the return to brit event but it seems like thats long overdue. Maybe I'll just have to take pot luck and pick one account and if I get it wrong open the other as well!! 50/50 chance.
good luck!

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Contact [email protected] with the character(s), including shard, and accounts. Keep it short and sweet. Within 24 hours you should have a response.

Might as well include the following as they will most likely ask it:
Name of the account:
Secret Word:

First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account (MM/DD/YYYY):
Phone number on the account:
Country and/or State of residency:

Date when account was opened and closed:
Last four digits and type of credit card on account (Visa, Mastercard, etc.):
CD Key(s) used to activate game/expansion:
Any character names found on the account (name AND shard):
Any other information that may help locate the account(s):

*edit - added shard for chars :)

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any way to find out which characters you have on an account if the account is closed?

If I think back Im sure it could be done through MyUO at one point? I have three accounts and want to reactivate the account with my Siege character on but cant for the life of me remember which account that is.
If you've ever logged into said account on your current machine you could check your macros folder in "My documents" it should be folders with the accounts + characters names there.

Edit: someone already mantioned that! (obviously I didn't read the rest of the replies =/)

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, nothings ever simple is it. Log into my account management page ... no problem at all.
Pick the account I want to reactivate ... check.
Select the subscription type .... £9.99 Ultima Online one month subscription ... check
Select your payment method .... I add new credit card details as the saved one is an old card ... hit continue
I end up on the Broadsword home page. Account not activated.

*sigh*

Why do they make it so hard to give them money? Any ideas where im going wrong? Ive tried it a couple of times and nothing.

EDIT: tried adding my bank details and paying by that method but same results. As soon as I hit continue after my payment method im directed to the Broadword home page. Account managemenr still shows its a closed account.

Last edited:

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, nothings ever simple is it. Log into my account management page ... no problem at all.
Select the subscription type .... £9.99 Ultima Online one month subscription ... check
Select your payment method .... I add new credit card details as the saved one is an old card ... hit continue

*sigh*

Why do they make it so hard to give them money? Any ideas where im going wrong? Ive tried it a couple of times and nothing.
not sure what to say im trying to reactivate my accounts aswell with the same result... guess im climbing back under a rock till i hear back from someone i did send them a email but have yet to hear anything back about what is going on if i hear anything ill give a update

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i havnt been to the store since the change over but are time codes still up there for sale or can you buy those in game?

oh never mind, guess it dosnt make sense to buy those in game, eh, how you gonna buy them if you cant get into the game in the first place!
hahaha

teach me to try to think at 3:45am!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*sigh*

EDIT: tried adding my bank details and paying by that method but same results. As soon as I hit continue after my payment method im directed to the Broadword home page. Account managemenr still shows its a closed account.
You mentioned that the saved credit card details are for an old card. Since you didn't say you deleted that card's info, I'm going to assume that its info is still stored in your account. What you may want to do is make sure you have deleted the info for that old card and then try again. I believe that there is a problem when you have info for more than one card saved in the system and somehow the system is trying to use the info for one of them and it happens to be an inactive/expired card. Telling it which card to use when you have more than one listed seems to be ineffective at least some of the time.

Credit card and other payment info seems to be stored in a separate system or subsystem. The only way I've found to access that system through the Account Management website for UO is to start the regular process of selecting your subscription renewal cycle, and press Continue. The next screen is the one that says "Select Your Payment Method." Notice that in the upper right corner of the page is a link that says "Manage Accounts." Click on that link! You should now see the details for your old and new credit cards. Use the "X" button to delete your old credit card. Once you have only one credit card listed here, you should be able to click the "Back" link near the bottom and finish the process of activating your subscription with the info for your newer, active credit card.

Good luck!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Try add the credit card on the Origin with same login as to your master account. Seem like the account page have trouble accepting changes to credit cards.

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok recieve a email back saying they are aware of the issue and are working on it however they could not give a estimated time for the fix. i ended up buying game time codes from the origin store and was able to activate the accounts with those. if you go that route when you get the codes just remember to enter the code without the dashes and it will work just fine

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mentioned that the saved credit card details are for an old card. Since you didn't say you deleted that card's info, I'm going to assume that its info is still stored in your account. What you may want to do is make sure you have deleted the info for that old card and then try again. I believe that there is a problem when you have info for more than one card saved in the system and somehow the system is trying to use the info for one of them and it happens to be an inactive/expired card. Telling it which card to use when you have more than one listed seems to be ineffective at least some of the time.

Credit card and other payment info seems to be stored in a separate system or subsystem. The only way I've found to access that system through the Account Management website for UO is to start the regular process of selecting your subscription renewal cycle, and press Continue. The next screen is the one that says "Select Your Payment Method." Notice that in the upper right corner of the page is a link that says "Manage Accounts." Click on that link! You should now see the details for your old and new credit cards. Use the "X" button to delete your old credit card. Once you have only one credit card listed here, you should be able to click the "Back" link near the bottom and finish the process of activating your subscription with the info for your newer, active credit card.

Good luck!
Thanks Tina ... I did delete the old CC info and tried again from scratch with a new CC and after that failed a bank account card. No luck. Im considering the game time route next but it really shouldnt be that hard to give them my money.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok recieve a email back saying they are aware of the issue and are working on it however they could not give a estimated time for the fix. i ended up buying game time codes from the origin store and was able to activate the accounts with those. if you go that route when you get the codes just remember to enter the code without the dashes and it will work just fine
Thanks. Will try the gamecode method next!!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, still no luck getting a CC to work so I bought a gametime code and it worked just fine. And I picked the right account with my Siege character on!! Now just need to find a nice housing spot.

Thanks for all the help and replies everyone.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am in the "same boat." My love for Ultima Online (over 18 years) is sinking fast. I spent hours trying over and over always ended up on the Broadsword page. Gonna attempt to buy one month game code now. Harrrumph!!!!