• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Salty Sea quest (part of Myrmidex quest chain)

Celestial_lich

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
One of three things need to happen with this...

1- Either up the spawn rate in the Britain southern sea.

2- Lower the number required to kill.

3- Remove the Southern Sea requirement to kill these 35 creatures.

3-4 to hours complete this is pancaking ridiculous. This quest is enjoyable with the exception of the time commitment.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pancaking huh?

I'll sell you that part of the quest reward!

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of three things need to happen with this...

1- Either up the spawn rate in the Britain southern sea.

2- Lower the number required to kill.

3- Remove the Southern Sea requirement to kill these 35 creatures.

3-4 to hours complete this is pancaking ridiculous. This quest is enjoyable with the exception of the time commitment.

use the anchors or green nets takes less then 10 to finish it

Celestial_lich

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Yes, that is nice for those who can but not everyone has a fisherman with a surplus of green nets/hooks to use. The two quest chains are already lopsided enough without having to waste more resources/gold to complete it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well... started the entire "align with Myrmidex" side of the quest shortly after midnight est and it is now 8am. Finished the pits around 1:30 range that was done with 3 other folks and nobody fighting for the Eodonians. Rolled around South Brit Sea looking for the critters for an hour and a half.. had 3 of each.. said to heck with this and bought nets.. wrapped up in twenty minutes. Moved on to the other parts. Have just now completed it and can go fight ZippyWhadEverHisNameIs.. but that will have to wait until later.. I need a dang nap..

oh.. and anyone wondering.. I had to actually stone Cartography over to the character on the quest in order to actually dig up the treasure chest. I tired decoding it and digging it up on my t-hunter and never found it.. then tried using the decoded map on my non t-hunter char and no luck there either... Once I stoned the Carto over I found it in a spot where I had dug at least 6 times on each of the other ways... *shrugs* be forewarned ;)

8 hours of the quest down and still a tough fight to go... o.0

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
... oh.. and lest I forget... one positive...

I did not have to stone lockpicking over thankfully. The adeptly chest unlocked with "magic unlock".. so that's good :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was afraid this would happen once it went world wide.

I did mention several times that the spawn needed to be increased just a little....and now with a great deal more people trying to do this quest I'm sure it's not easy.

Remember though, south brit sea is quite large....I just stuck around Jhelom because that's where you take the quest and I am very lazy lol. You can sail out quite a ways and still get credit for your kills. Also, if you are in party, each member has to hit each creature at least once...I got yelled at because I was using a bow with hit lighting and was killing everything :/ oops! lol now I just use an NPC bow....mages use magic arrow and you will all get credit. Being in a party does not help, you have to kill them yourself.

Also if you don't have nets but have/know a fisher they can be on the boat with you fishing and they will sometimes fish up what you need.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Also... keep your journal open, it can see further than you can. Almost sailed by some critters because I did not "see" them but the journal did :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you know if your kills are counting towards the amount you need for the quest chain?

N/M, I forgot to accept the quest for this part.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that is nice for those who can but not everyone has a fisherman with a surplus of green nets/hooks to use. The two quest chains are already lopsided enough without having to waste more resources/gold to complete it.
The hooks people are advising you to buy are part of this quest
You don't need to be on the quest to buy them and you don't need to be a fisherman to throw them, just in deep water. You also don't need to be a fisherman to fish up the special MiB for the quest.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hooks people are advising you to buy are part of this quest
You don't need to be on the quest to buy them and you don't need to be a fisherman to throw them, just in deep water. You also don't need to be a fisherman to fish up the special MiB for the quest.
You actually DO need to accept the quest from the NPC you buy the hooks from. If you don't, you can buy them but it does not allow you to use them.

Also I agree with most about the ridiculous spawn rate around the area for this quest. After sailing for a good 30 mins around the area, I found 1 water element and 1 sea serpent.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you don't need to have fishing to do that SoS, you do need a T-hunter for the other quest though.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You actually DO need to accept the quest from the NPC you buy the hooks from. If you don't, you can buy them but it does not allow you to use them.

Also I agree with most about the ridiculous spawn rate around the area for this quest. After sailing for a good 30 mins around the area, I found 1 water element and 1 sea serpent.
I just bought and dropped several of the hooks without being on the NPC quest.

I had fishing skill tho, if that mattered.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having a tough time with the coordinates & finding the sunken treasure. I am unfamiliar with the process of T-Hunting. Any suggestions that would save me from wandering around the seas with a Sextant? Thanks, in advance.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shoot.. those hooks work better than the nets man. I ran the quest again today and finished that part in about 10 minutes with the salvage hook.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy, buy the salvage hooks from the guy in Trinsic

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No but you need a fisherman for a surplus of green nets ;)
Go to Trinsic (tram) just about 2 screens north-west from the docks, talk to/then buy salvage hooks from Heplar, use those to spawn the mobs you need to kill.