• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pit fit and AOE

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, so I am in the battle in the pit... and I have no idea which guys are on my side??

Wither damages one set while EQ damage the other set.

@Kyronix

Can we get it fixed so all AoE spells only hit your opposing side??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barrab are with the Myrmidex, all others are with the Britannians. I'm using direct spells when with the npc's and only area spells when I'm alone with the group of opposition.
I believe Kyronix has already pointed out that usine AoE spells is the equivelant of dropping a grenade. You don't do that when friends are in range.

There is some information on the uo wiki. Click on the player wiki link on uo.com and then put myrmidex in the search box.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Barrab are with the Myrmidex, all others are with the Britannians. I'm using direct spells when with the npc's and only area spells when I'm alone with the group of opposition.
I believe Kyronix has already pointed out that usine AoE spells is the equivelant of dropping a grenade. You don't do that when friends are in range.

There is some information on the uo wiki. Click on the player wiki link on uo.com and then put myrmidex in the search box.
If you are saying this is working as intended, it is both lame and messed up. Why would some AOE spells hit certain ones and not others... while a different AOE spell hits the opposite set??

It should be fixed so that AOE only hits opposition.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea whether it's working as intended. I'm not a Broadsword dev. I only know I noticed that my area spells and summons attacked both sides and adjusted my play strategy to take that into account.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if had aoe only opposing side, I would be able to wipe them out a lot faster. I do wish their bars were a different color, hard to tell who to attack lol. u can still use aoe when your side isn't around. I understand what u are saying, it would be a lot easier.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are saying this is working as intended, it is both lame and messed up. Why would some AOE spells hit certain ones and not others... while a different AOE spell hits the opposite set??

It should be fixed so that AOE only hits opposition.
AoE spells hit everything in the pits that is attackable, every "tribe npc" has one resistance type at 100% though depending on which tribe.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't wait for that line of thinking to hit Fel side... talk about an uproar :D

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AoE spells hit everything in the pits that is attackable, every "tribe npc" has one resistance type at 100% though depending on which tribe.
Good to know... completely and utterly stupid, but good to know just the same.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, so I am in the battle in the pit... and I have no idea which guys are on my side??

Wither damages one set while EQ damage the other set.

@Kyronix

Can we get it fixed so all AoE spells only hit your opposing side??
This is working as intended. Only the opposing side will attack you. Dropping (insert favorite AoE effect here) is a routine way to handle a large group. You can use that tactic in plenty of places in game, this is meant to challenge with a requirement for new tactics and abilities that maybe you wouldn't otherwise use. Besides, if you drop a grenade into a group it doesn't know the difference between enemies or allies.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix .. can y'all give the Queen area a timer after she dies for people to get back in or teleport their corpses out if the Queen dies? A couple folks had died, went out to get rezzed.. while they were rezzing up Queen dropped.. they could not get back in to get corpses.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is working as intended. Only the opposing side will attack you. Dropping (insert favorite AoE effect here) is a routine way to handle a large group. You can use that tactic in plenty of places in game, this is meant to challenge with a requirement for new tactics and abilities that maybe you wouldn't otherwise use. Besides, if you drop a grenade into a group it doesn't know the difference between enemies or allies.
Most people would attempt to avoid a grenade if they see it. If you hit your allies with an AoE or uncontrollable summon, they will attack you. Hence why we loathe "friendly fire" situations.

This is one of the mechanics that makes the pit battle just way, way too long and will doom it to irrelevancy within a few months. Content needs to be relatively bite sized these days to fit modern attention spans.

Drop rates on eggs and crystals needs a serious bump, btw. Or we need to be allowed to pick up the ones in the queen's chamber.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix .. can y'all give the Queen area a timer after she dies for people to get back in or teleport their corpses out if the Queen dies? A couple folks had died, went out to get rezzed.. while they were rezzing up Queen dropped.. they could not get back in to get corpses.
They couldn't use the teleport to re-enter the queen chamber? They couldn't get close enough to loot their corpses? Need some additional details. There's a respawn timer on her too, so she shouldn't immediately respawn.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They couldn't use the teleport to re-enter the queen chamber? They couldn't get close enough to loot their corpses? Need some additional details. There's a respawn timer on her too, so she shouldn't immediately respawn.
Teleport? could not re enter into the hole in the ground, which is the only way in/out as far as I know.

My friend got a message saying he must take the quest to get back in.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Correct.. could not use the teleport to re-enter.

They (we) were outside the Queen area in the desert area rezzing and healing up to go rejoin the fight. While outside in the desert the Queen died to those who were still fighting her. I got the large screen message that she was dead and to return to the guy at the camp for the reward.. tried to go back into the Queen area and kept getting the message "You have to be on the Regicide Quest to enter"... am guessing that since the quest was over because the Queen was dead we could not re-eneter the area to get the loot off our corpses nor a chance to loot the corpse of the Queen.

Not a huge deal.. I mean just some orange petals and bandies lol.. but a nuisance :)

Teleport? could not re enter into the hole in the ground, which is the only way in/out as far as I know.
Entering the ground is a "teleport" to another area... just a difference in wording is all :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Regarding the not being able to get your body if you're outside of the queens chamber upon death~

This is an issue I forgot to mention..sorry! We usually would run out to get rezzed..if you happen to do that when she dies, you can't get back in to get your body/loot her at all. I suggest making it like shadowguard so your body ports out with you.

Regarding which NPC's to kill in the pit battle.

Myrmidex drones/Warriors and the Barrab Villagers/shaman (They are all brown) if you're on the Eodonian side.

All of the humans that are not brown if you're on the Eodonian side...some spawn with blue/green/red and black armor and the ones with white hair and sandles are the shamans.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for responding.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most people would attempt to avoid a grenade if they see it. If you hit your allies with an AoE or uncontrollable summon, they will attack you. Hence why we loathe "friendly fire" situations.

This is one of the mechanics that makes the pit battle just way, way too long and will doom it to irrelevancy within a few months. Content needs to be relatively bite sized these days to fit modern attention spans.
I would agree, this content is doomed due to its overly complex and unrelated requirements, particularly on the Myrmidex side (fishing, cartography... really?? WTF). I can tell you I have done the other content from other expansions hundreds of times... I will do this quest 1 time, then never again... ever.