• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Game Store your thoughts

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think no one who had the authority to place store items read the thread about what we wanted to see.

wait, the menu is awesome so ty !

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The store gump is by far the most attractive and polished in all of UO...in either client.

The prices are way too high for what is offered and need to drop by 1/3 or more. UO is 19 years old and its players are rapidly becoming pensioners...

Don't sell things in "packs" like the 3 garden beds, sell them individually.

Include ALL the items ever sold by uogamecodes, EA Japan and Origin. This includes the spring décor items, secret chests and the singing balls. There is no valid reason not to include all old items.

I'll give them a pass on there not being any new must-have items...for now. This was a wasted opportunity though...

The fact that adding sovereigns to your game account continues to give an error message is a serious black eye to the publish though.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has potential... but that isnt any different than everything UO has released in recent years. The Nail is propped and ready to be driven but they cant seem to hit the top of the head....

1. Prices dont event compare to "other means" of getting items.

2. Codes dont seem to be working on release. (push back the release if you need to no one wants to unwrap their new gift that requires batteries and doesnt have any batteries)

3. nothing new in the store to make sure this release was as anti-climatic as possible.

4. ultimately would still love to see an account mngment site. This further brings my suspicions that they are going FTP soon. why bother with fixing something they arent going to need soon.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually afraid to see the new account management lol.. the one we have now was a total nightmare and I thought that couldn't get any worse.. now that they are revamping it I'm afraid I wont get in at all ever again.. the store is a disappointment imo they didn't even bother to read the huge thread that the player base really wants in the game. I was hoping for some new mounts or something cool but nonetheless same deal different day. :/ Id like to be optimistic and think they will be adding new things as time goes that we all would like but I'm not going to hold my breath.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
not to sound bratty, but i never understood the enthusiasm for the store in the first place. there are literally thousands of things that could have been done to improve the overall game i.e. account management, marketing, revamp older and vastly outdated content etc. but hey, oh well.

like others have said, the gump does look really good and responds fluidly unlike others (looking at you, vendor search), so good job devs on that. but the artwork for those purchasable items... once again, look clunky and totally out of place artwork. do the items in the store gump appear the same as if it were you in your backpack or locked down? if so, very unfitting. that burglars edge thing looks hideous, and so do the dye bottles.

for a 19 year old game that STILL has a sub fee, ill never buy something from that store.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I haven't used it yet, but just browsing it, I'd say they've built a reasonable framework to more easily add other items in the future, which is pretty much what I expected. While I'd hoped for new items, getting that framework in first is more important. Hopefully with this setup Broadsword will have more freedom to add items and adjust pricing themselves--and will do so.

• Menu is very fast.
  • The Smuggler's Edge is back!

Dislikes:
  • All the old store items aren't in it yet (secret chest!). Hopefully those will be the first additions.
  • The pricing really should be adjusted downward. That was true of the Origin store and is true of this new UO store. I imagine they'd sell boatloads of some of these things at half or a third their current price. I know I'd be more willing to buy more.
Mixed feelings:
  • Using different graphics than what is actually in game for some items may be misleading to players unfamiliar with the items.
  • It looks like you can still only add one item to your Origin cart at a time. With $50 worth of sovereigns that's an improvement, but still a bottleneck. The most sovereigns you can buy at a time are 8,500.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now some stuff is in game store only (tokens etc) and some stuff is website only (gametime) it should all be in the same place.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pointless.
I don't get why you need to go to the store site to buy sovereigns, then login to the game to use those sovereigns to buy the items you want.

Isn't it adding more steps to the process? Now it's
  1. login to store, buy sovereigns
  2. login to account management, apply sovereigns code
  3. login to game, buy items you want
But before wasn't it?
  1. login to store, buy item you want
  2. login to game, apply item code
Sure it isn't alot of extra steps, but why? And the way the account management site works, who wants to spend more time on it then they have to?

IMO, the time and effort used to create this would have been better spent fixing bugs and adding new, interesting and fun content.

I. Don't. Get. It.

That being said, it wont really effect me as I only buy game time and expansions with RL cash; in-game items I buy with gold.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The prices are the same as they were in the Origin. Each Sov. is = $.01 Xfer Token is 2000 points and = $20 same as the Origin Store.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pointless.
I don't get why you need to go to the store site to buy sovereigns, then login to the game to use those sovereigns to buy the items you want.

But before wasn't it?
Sure it isn't alot of extra steps, but why? And the way the account management site works, who wants to spend more time on it then they have to?

IMO, the time and effort used to create this would have been better spent fixing bugs and adding new, interesting and fun content.

I. Don't. Get. It.

That being said, it wont really effect me as I only buy game time and expansions with RL cash; in-game items I buy with gold.

Easy: It gives them the ability to make sure every player has the same items available to them for purchase. It also allows them to add items which were removed + add new items without having to go through EA/Origin.

Your list of steps may be accurate for PLAYERS, but what about all the steps behind the scenes? All the BS they most likely had to deal with from Origin/EA and so on? Lets also not forget how some regions didnt even have the same codes available for purchase and were being left out.

Some people are being very short sighted about the store.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pointless.

But before wasn't it?

I. Don't. Get. It.

Who do you want handling your money, BS with a very limited staff or EA with real bookkeepers and real site security for CC#s?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well if they give us ways to earn sovereigns ingame, that would be 1 reason

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new store is a sad joke. Glad I didn't waste any money buying sovereigns first. Major disappointment.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
obviousely they increased the price for the 10 charges forged metal by 25% for people who live in europe...
the forged tool costed 8 Euros now its 1000 souverains = 10 Euros

sorry but thats...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
obviousely they increased the price for the 10 charges forged metal by 25% for people who live in europe...

sorry but thats...
In the US they are the same. $6.00 and $10.00 600 Sov. and 1000 Sov.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One would think if you hype something there would be a better product. A polish job on a piece of crap still results in a piece of crap

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One would think if you hype something there would be a better product. A polish job on a piece of crap still results in a piece of crap
And what exactly is your feedback? Besides it being crap?

Why is it crap? What in your opinion is wrong with it?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Looks great, needs filling. The prices are WAY too high. I don't care that that was roughly the same price at Origin. A transfer literally costs them NOTHING. Imagine how many they'd sell if it were a buck or two, vs $20. Plus, there's basically nothing in the store, other than the smuggler's edge, that's worth buying. Nothing new, and at least some of the old still missing.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How so?

What exactly did you expect right now?
Some new merchandise worth buying, house deco of some kind would have been really nice. At least Heritage and other tokens. Easy things already made and in the code ya know.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone point me to a posting where they said prices/new items would be available upon the ingame stores launch?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Implementation was solid @Mesanna @Kyronix.

Sales were/are lacking. I am slightly enticed to buy some soulstones and a couple smugglers edge. Rest is a wash since some are easily obtainable in game.

I did punch an older promotional code in to promo code slot and the codes don't fit.

So i dont know if they got shorter or its botched. (ETA: Looks like theyre aware of this already)

I commend them for not flooding the store off the get go.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone point me to a posting where they said prices/new items would be available upon the ingame stores launch?
%100 agree Everybody was screaming to high heaven to get this and now alls you hear is CRAP. They just took the stuff from Origin and put it in-game like everyone wanted maybe give it a little time to settle down and maybe someone should ask about it at the next M&G rather than pissing and moaning. It is getting so bad that I am supprised the DEVs tell us anything at all. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To talk months about a change and have the only difference in said change be international players and buy all the things US players can buy is a waste of resources. Not that i want international players to not have the same options. Just market the change that way. They didn't reinvent the wheel here. They added a step and leveled the buying field. And that's basically it. Don't hype it like its more and then give less. We get too much of that.

"Hey the in game store will allow all of our gamers a way to buy all of our products. At some point we will add more options"

Nailed it.

"Wait and see our new in game store!!!"

Meh

Honest and concise. All we want

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Implementation was solid @Mesanna @Kyronix.

Sales were/are lacking. I am slightly enticed to buy some soulstones and a couple smugglers edge. Rest is a wash since some are easily obtainable in game.

I did punch an older promotional code in to promo code slot and the codes don't fit.

So i dont know if they got shorter or its botched. (ETA: Looks like theyre aware of this already)

I commend them for not flooding the store off the get go.
NEWS - [UO.Com] Entering Codes into Account Management When Entering the codes into Account Management, enter the codes without the dashes and it should work properly.

I wounder if this might also work in-game also.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To talk months about a change and have the only difference in said change be international players and buy all the things US players can buy is a waste of resources. Not that i want international players to not have the same options. Just market the change that way. They didn't reinvent the wheel here. They added a step and leveled the buying field. And that's basically it. Don't hype it like its more and then give less. We get too much of that.

"Hey the in game store will allow all of our gamers a way to buy all of our products. At some point we will add more options"

Nailed it.

"Wait and see our new in game store!!!"

Meh

Honest and concise. All we want
The last time the DEVs did this and were unable to fulfill their promise the players wanted them burned at the stake that is why they always say soon or we will look into it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Devs: Who wants Ice Cream?

Stratics Poster 1: I DO!
Stratics Poster 2: I DO!
Stratics Poster 3: Me too
**continue to**
Stratics Poster 152: Sounds great!

Devs: Here is your ice cream!

Stratics Poster 1: WTH?!?!?! Only one flavor?
Statics Poster 2: I wanted Chocolate!!
Stratics Poster 3: Why is it in a paper cup??? I wanted a crystal bowl...

Ya get the idea...

:lame::lame:

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I for one at least expected to see all the stuff you can buy on dodgy websites. As things stand they have nothing to worry about. The in game store is way overpriced and really needs some serious adjustment downwards

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the store? I click on the store button, under help, and nothing happens other than I go grey and can't interact with the environment (just like they said). I end up having to log out and back in.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the store? I click on the store button, under help, and nothing happens other than I go grey and can't interact with the environment (just like they said). I end up having to log out and back in.
Youre not missing much :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
SQUEEE!!!!!!

I LOVE the store interface!

Picked up a Smuggler's Edge and Hitching post, awesome sauce.

I DO NOT like going to account mgmnt, it is a place of devils and demons. BUT, the store is AWESOME.

If they put more small items / old items / unique things in it I'll be dumping cash as quick as they take it. For now, I picked up the new addition and I will be waiting for more.

Really nice job on the interface, REALLY NICE! Now put groovy stuff in it!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Devs: Who wants Ice Cream?

Stratics Poster 1: I DO!
Stratics Poster 2: I DO!
Stratics Poster 3: Me too
**continue to**
Stratics Poster 152: Sounds great!

Devs: Here is your ice cream!

Stratics Poster 1: WTH?!?!?! Only one flavor?
Statics Poster 2: I wanted Chocolate!!
Stratics Poster 3: Why is it in a paper cup??? I wanted a crystal bowl...

Ya get the idea...

:lame::lame:
You've been around long enough to know that if Stratics isn't full of pancakes then the players aren't happy.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

sorry but thats...
That is bad, yes.
Here it was 18.90 BRL. It is now 39.90 BRL.
The xfer token was around 32.90 BRL, it is now 79.80 BRL.
And we lost High Seas from the Origin store. It joins Stygian Abyss and the King's Collection as expansions you have to acquire through "other" means if you live in Brazil.
I am so overjoyed that I think I will take a break for a month or two.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really like the new in-game store. I think it has a lot of potential and I look forward to new and exciting items up for purchase.

**If I have one complaint it is, and coincidentally always has been, they prices are a bit steep. I think more would be bought at lower prices.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is bad, yes.
Here it was 18.90 BRL. It is now 39.90 BRL.
The xfer token was around 32.90 BRL, it is now 79.80 BRL.
And we lost High Seas from the Origin store. It joins Stygian Abyss and the King's Collection as expansions you have to acquire through "other" means if you live in Brazil.
I am so overjoyed that I think I will take a break for a month or two.
More than doubling the prices for you in Brazil just because of adding the in-game store? That's insane.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
while we are on the pricing thing... how is it certain well known "illegal" sites sell things such as a 10 charge forged tool for half of what origin/whoever is charging?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
More than doubling the prices for you in Brazil just because of adding the in-game store? That's insane.
The USD got stronger towards the BRL, so I was expecting higher prices. Not that higher, though.
Seeing another expansion going to the void and disappearing from our store also ticked me off badly.
It has been 4 years that I have been complaining about Stygian Abyss. Now that they did a massive Origin store overhaul, instead of giving us it, they take away High Seas.
Guess a two months vacations from UO is needed. Good thing my 5 accounts run out of gametime through the course of June.

Edit:
And the funny thing, Time of Legends was released when the BRL was at it's lowest to the USD, and it still costs 39.90 BRL against the 19.90 USD on the US store...

hijii

Visitor
A little pricey for me in reality. The useful items are nice but a pet bonding potion shouldn't be $5... for $2.50 I'd buy them.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree with the prices being a bit too high but overall I love it. It's a great start! I've always liked games with in-game stores....I tend to buy more stuff if it's available right then and there....which could be a bad thing! lol

Hopefully they will add more things over time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been playing with it how about a 25,000 and 50,000 option for the sovereins? is my fist thought. That would be my only complaint Origin side, I know there are at least a few of us that would make a couple of 50k purchases rather than 20 5k purchases at a time and have to use multiple emails and CC to accomplish it. Prices really should be 25%-30% lower, sales would go up in volume and lets face it the store items are no overhead. Those are my only two points of contention.

If folks look at the bigger picture this opens the door to a lot of things being returned and new things added to the game and if the things BS does next are the right things revenues will increase. I like seeing the return of the blue soul stone so that not only those of us handed hundreds to thousands of SS codes from Game Stop when we picked up our SE pre orders. Agree with pretty much everyone else the interface is clean and looks good. I believe we will see things added to and removed from the store on a regular basis. I also like breaking the 11th anni items out of the bundle. How many ancestral grave stones and bod book covers...... I have collected just because I want hitching post! A lot of possibilities and opportunities to be exploited here unless it is a one and done like so many past UO things have been.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't used it yet, but just browsing it, I'd say they've built a reasonable framework to more easily add other items in the future, which is pretty much what I expected. While I'd hoped for new items, getting that framework in first is more important. Hopefully with this setup Broadsword will have more freedom to add items and adjust pricing themselves--and will do so.

• Menu is very fast.
  • The Smuggler's Edge is back!

Dislikes:
  • All the old store items aren't in it yet (secret chest!). Hopefully those will be the first additions.
  • The pricing really should be adjusted downward. That was true of the Origin store and is true of this new UO store. I imagine they'd sell boatloads of some of these things at half or a third their current price. I know I'd be more willing to buy more.
Mixed feelings:
  • Using different graphics than what is actually in game for some items may be misleading to players unfamiliar with the items.
  • It looks like you can still only add one item to your Origin cart at a time. With $50 worth of sovereigns that's an improvement, but still a bottleneck. The most sovereigns you can buy at a time are 8,500.
Other games I play, or have played, regularly feature specials with a focus on a particular type of thing. (Decor, travel enhancements, etc) so that everything is on sale once in roughly six to eight weeks. They also will occasionally give a small sample* cough cough * item so people can decide whether or not they enjoy it, or could use it. It isn't quite the same with UO, but the idea can be built on. I'm glad to see it implemented.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tested the store and it works fine for me here in Germany without no problems. So happy to have finally lady bugs :D..... waiting now that they put on secret chests for buy.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree that it's a great-looking interface, clean and bright
But can somebody remind me what's the advantage of all this? If I have to go the Origin store and buy sovereigns, then log into my account to apply the sovereigns to my account, then log into the the game to use the sovereigns in the store menu - this is more work than the old way of just clicking on an item in the Origin store and pasting in the code. What's the point? I don't get it

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it looks good, and many folks will no doubt find it useful. I don't foresee using the system myself, though.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree that it's a great-looking interface, clean and bright
But can somebody remind me what's the advantage of all this? If I have to go the Origin store and buy sovereigns, then log into my account to apply the sovereigns to my account, then log into the the game to use the sovereigns in the store menu - this is more work than the old way of just clicking on an item in the Origin store and pasting in the code. What's the point? I don't get it
The advantage is that you can make one purchase of sovereigns and buy whatever, whenever through the ingame store. The Origin store did not allow (at least, not without an absurd workaround) people to buy multiple of the same item in one transaction. If you needed 3 forged metals, you had to make 3 purchases... which also sometimes flagged people's credit cards if they bought enough.

Hopefully another advantage will be that Broadsword will be able to add more to the store without having to go through the Origin site now.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hoped they would offer some new stuff. But they will do in future. I am pretty sure.

A wise marketing manager, however, would have added an new fancy it's for the release of the shop. Lets say for 4 weeks to hook customers up.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A friend who bought some coins from the Origin store told me earlier that apparently it takes 48 hours for the coins to actually get added to your account after the purchase?

I don't know how accurate that is, but if it's true... what possible reason could there be to put a 48 hour timer on the delivery of virtual coins? It seems like it should be instantaneous... It's not like someone has to prepare the coins for shipment to your house or something like they do for Amazon.com purchases and things like that.

Like others have said, I really love the interface, awesome job on that devs.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend who bought some coins from the Origin store told me earlier that apparently it takes 48 hours for the coins to actually get added to your account after the purchase?

I don't know how accurate that is, but if it's true... what possible reason could there be to put a 48 hour timer on the delivery of virtual coins? It seems like it should be instantaneous... It's not like someone has to prepare the coins for shipment to your house or something like they do for Amazon.com purchases and things like that.

Like others have said, I really love the interface, awesome job on that devs.
I bought some and, once the "problem" with the dashes was figured out, I applied the codes to my master account, and by the time I logged in to the game 2 minutes later they were already credited to my "in game" account. So I don't know what to say about a "48 hour timer".