• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Today's funny moment

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Today's funny moment.

found a unattended player last night running a script, have seen him there a lot over the last month, decided enough was enough, paged on him.

got a email 13 hours later from the GM that he was gonna go have a look.

13 hours later.....

i found that funny in a sad kinda way.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it very sad that anyone spends their time walking around UO paging on people playing the game. How pathetic? You do realize you're just hammering nails in the UO coffin right? By the way, I was paged on the other day, gm showed up, kicked me instantly, with no discussion, (I was not afk) and put all my characters in macro jail. I logged back in, and talked to the gm about scripters and scripting. Was a very nice chat. It's nice to know that gms understand. ;) I wish I could name names, the gm was very cool.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
some people will never understand so many more people have quit because of cheating/scripting/illegal programs than anything else in the game. far more than banning. nearly everyone I know that has quit the game, was because of this. when people know/think a game is unfair they leave. its not rocket science. the last 6 mths, I know of over 36 accounts closed because of cheating and all the multi account use at events/ but this is another issue and wont go into because its a joke. people just get sick of it, nothing being done about it and leave.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lord Arm The sad part is that UO/EA knows that if they were to go after all the bad accounts that there may not be enough accounts left to support UO at a profit. YES IMHO UO/EA knows what every account is used for.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does any of this affect you in trammel? I'm just asking... cause I don't see how it does... at all... Pretty much every game you're going to play is going to have people who want to maximize their earning potential and pvp ability through use of any means possible. How does it serve you to not try to do the same and whine about it? Instead of following suit, and putting them down like the dogs they are? ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How does any of this affect you in trammel? I'm just asking... cause I don't see how it does... at all... Pretty much every game you're going to play is going to have people who want to maximize their earning potential and pvp ability through use of any means possible. How does it serve you to not try to do the same and whine about it? Instead of following suit, and putting them down like the dogs they are? ;)
It doesn't really matter if it affects someone personally or not, they still have every right to report someone for breaking the rules of the game. Your logic here is basically "well everyone else cheats so you should just cheat too!". Some people don't find cheating of any kind acceptable, in games or in real life.

You are correct that some people want to maximize their earning potential by any means possible, it happens in real life too, it's called tax evasion and fraud.

Are you saying that you have no problem with tax evasion because it doesn't personally affect you in real life? It's the governments money not yours right, why should you care if people are stealing it? We should all just stop paying taxes then to compete with the criminals right?

In your post you said "How does it serve you to not try to do the same and whine about it?"

The answer, is that some people have ethics and morals that don't disappear simply because it is a game world instead of the real world. They do not agree with breaking rules for personal gain just because they can.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here we go, with the trammel real life vs video game argument. It's getting a little old. The game is too old, and too far gone to worry your fuzzy little head over so much. Take a valium and just relax and let people play how they choose. Or join them.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't. But the morality police take it upon themselves to page a GM, lure spawn (which is illegal in Tram. It happens in Fel too - really? Quit being a ***** and kill the toon(s) involved), etc. When they'll just as quickly do the same thing.

Regardless, I'm not sure how tax evasion, fraud, and other things, which are federal crimes & punishable by law, is equivalent to afk macroing/farming in a 2 decade old MMORPG. The devs clearly don't care about all of the 3rd party programs, scripting, etc. Nobody is banned for it anymore, and I believe it's been stated that "it's fine, as long as you're actually doing it while attended."

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just wish Stratics would start removing the pro-cheating posters as their propaganda is bad for the game.

You´re a known cheater ingame? BAM!
You advocate the use of illegal programs? BAM!
You post a pic with illegal features? BAM!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wish Stratics would start removing the pro-cheating posters as their propaganda is bad for the game.

You´re a known cheater ingame? BAM!
You advocate the use of illegal programs? BAM!
You post a pic with illegal features? BAM!
We would lose quite a few past and present mods, a whole hell of a lot of posters too...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive said it a hundred times.
if your gunna UM do it in fel, that way if people wanna punish you for it they can just kill you.
if your gonna do it in tram then your the one being a..... pancake (see previous thread to figure that one out).

and i wasnt walking around the game looking for UM people, i went there to play and couldnt because this fella was farming UM.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. Let's not get back into stratics banning people because they don't want them posting. Stratics has been there and done that and it didn't go well.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides, I've been threatened with banning from Stratics so many times over the years, it's a tradition. I really don't care if I get banned. ;)