• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1000 diamonds weddingband

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks!
Somebody donated a 1000 diamonds weddingband for my jewelry-museum on Siege, but I cannot lock it down. Am I doing something wrong
Thank you!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi folks!
Somebody donated a 1000 diamonds weddingband for my jewelry-museum on Siege, but I cannot lock it down. Am I doing something wrong
Thank you!
No you are not, for some reason they can not be locked down and I am not sure if this is intended or not.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wedding bands are newbie blessed, thus they generally cannot be locked down outside of a container.
I tried to lock one down in a container for display and it would not lock down, all other items in the container locked down.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of wedding bands were created before it was possible to lock things down, so the game doesn't know how to lock them down as it doesn't recognize the items.

There are a bunch of super old items from 1998-1999 with that issue.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried to lock one down in a container for display and it would not lock down, all other items in the container locked down.
There's a trick to it sometimes. Try putting them in an already locked down container, or locking down a container holding it.

But this is UO and things sometimes don't work right :oops:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a trick to it sometimes. Try putting them in an already locked down container, or locking down a container holding it.

But this is UO and things sometimes don't work right :oops:
I tried both ways and none of the wedding bands I have would lock down. I even tried to secure the bag first then lock it down and still no go.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, so i have a bag with... 11 of those rings.
all different.
some are 1000, some are 10,000 some are 999 and such.
so all different.
if i try to lock them down individually they dont work.
if i lock a bag down and try to drop them in it dosnt work.
if i have the bag with them in it in my backpack then set it down and lock it down IT DOES WORK.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
now this is even more interesting.
i have earrings with 10000 diamonds and they lock down just fine.
i have both graphics of necklaces with multiple jewels on them, couple of each, and they lock down just fine.
its just the wedding band rings that wont lock down directly by themselves.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now this is even more interesting.
i have earrings with 10000 diamonds and they lock down just fine.
i have both graphics of necklaces with multiple jewels on them, couple of each, and they lock down just fine.
its just the wedding band rings that wont lock down directly by themselves.
only the rings are newbie blessed

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That might be a good idea but then only people in the EC would ever see it... no?
CC folks can see rings.. it's just a huge pain to be able to mouse over them to see exactly what kind of ring it is.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the bright side this is a good way to test that IDOC junk to see what is NOOB blessed put a bunch of seemingly worthless junk in a box, lock it down and if you can pull a item out you have a pair of boots that can't be looted when you die :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wasnt there a couple different kinds.
i know you could make some.
Seer's use to give some out at weddings.
only other one I remember is the Ems marrying players, and giving out rings with engravings of what the players asked for.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
sorry did not know that
CC you would have to hover your mouse over the tiny ring if you could actually see it which on a wee little monitor or whatever with how tiny the CC playwindow is it would be extremely small since they don't have slots on the paperdolls for everything like we do in the EC.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CC you would have to hover your mouse over the tiny ring if you could actually see it which on a wee little monitor or whatever with how tiny the CC playwindow is it would be extremely small since they don't have slots on the paperdolls for everything like we do in the EC.
Just curious why do you always make it CC VS EC in some way shape or form? Not trying to start a argument just curious what the motivation is behind it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just curious why do you always make it CC VS EC in some way shape or form? Not trying to start a argument just curious what the motivation is behind it.
No motivation it's just there is a difference... and sometimes folk forget the advantages or disadvantages between the two.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obama meets Chinese leader and wants to know how their political system works. He asks him: "Do you have elections?"

Chinese leader answers: "Yeeees! Evely molning!"

;)