• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im thinking about returning after 7 years..

Metropoliton

Visitor
Hi guys,

I used to play religiously about 7 years ago, and was an avid Pvper. I was thinking about returning to the game; I believe I played either Pacific or Napa valley. I'm sure the game has changed much since then and if anybody could point me in the right direction, or take me under their wing for a bit it would be much appreciated.

Thank you again!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you want pseudo-PVP with no risk and showing -off shiny suits and glacial blue crap, go to Atlantic ;)

In case you prefer some risk, a mature community, a good economy and a true challenge: Take Siege ;-P

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. Quite a bit more llamas ;)

It may not impress you, but just some counts from recent weeks:

30+ players attending 20 White Nets
15-25 players in VvV each Sunday
13 players in a Doom-Run yesterday

I would guess we do events in a range between 10 and 35 players on a weekly basis and there are quite a lot of people not attending those events.

Sure, much more business on Atlantic. But there is a raw, rude and turbo-capitalistic atmosphere with ridiculous billionaires and childish trash talking PvPers who rely on buying gold and suits for dollars and cheat alot. If you prefer that and a care bear felucca with insurance... You probably cannot be helped ;-P

@my Atlantic friends: No offense. Many players means many decent people but many asshats, too ;)

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has been quite a few changes. I returned after being gone for 4 years. It took me about a month to get caught up.

No more Factions, instead it's Vice vs Virtue.
Reforging and Reinforcement (crafting)
Time of Legends
Skills Masteries
Finished Virtue System
Less populated shards (except Atlantic)
In game Vendor Search
Town Loyalty System

I think those are the Major Changes. PvP hasn't changed much.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More like: if you want your only player interaction to be general chat while four people on the shard stealth in llama form all day, try siege.
While I am not very active at the moment on Siege or Prodo I rarely have stealth on any of my characters. I do put it on for some things like buying stat and skill scrolls since there are no thieves on Siege. Not going to waste 300+ skill points on hiding, stealth and ninja for general game play. And since there are only 4 other people on shard (Not) Who would you be hiding and stealthing from anyway. I have noticed over the years all of the shard active populations drop off in the spring and summer and tend to pick up in the fall and winter. It is just much more noticeable on the lower pop shards than say atlantic. Siege is Siege you either like it or not, I happen to like it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's unlikely you'll be able to navigate the account management page, i've seen people want to return then give up after not being able to figure it out.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
all that remains are OCD patients trying to find those last few items to complete their collections.
It's true... I can't lie to myself anymore... yeah it's true.... lol.

If the devs created a couple doom snowglobes there would be riots in the streets as people beat each other to death to finally finish their snowglobe collection after all these years.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's true... I can't lie to myself anymore... yeah it's true.... lol.

If the devs created a couple doom snowglobes there would be riots in the streets as people beat each other to death to finally finish their snowglobe collection after all these years.
No idea, what you are talking about, Captain. But maybe that's because the previous poster is on my ever growing ignore-list :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi guys,

I used to play religiously about 7 years ago, and was an avid Pvper. I was thinking about returning to the game; I believe I played either Pacific or Napa valley. I'm sure the game has changed much since then and if anybody could point me in the right direction, or take me under their wing for a bit it would be much appreciated.

Thank you again!
Glad to hear you're back in game. Atlantic is the most populated shard and where you probably have the best chance to get started and find folks to help, in my opinion. If you end up on Atlantic, you can always look up UWF if you need a guild and send me a message.

Good luck!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah. The biggest battle a returning player ever faces is the account mismanagement page. If you can get past that, then the rest is a gravy train with biscuit wheels!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
More like: if you want your only player interaction to be general chat while four people on the shard stealth in llama form all day, try siege.
More like white tigers now :p

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a PVP person at all however I am on Napa and if you need anything give me a shout and I'll see if I can help out.

**Also if you decide to move from Napa to Atlantic I have a box of shard shields that can help you transfer stuff over with. Why anyone would actually LIVE on Atlantic is beyond me. All those people and their seemingly fat/stupid/dumb/promiscuous mothers running around gives me the willies. ;)

Last edited: