• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks EC For Not Wasting My Time :)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I visit the EC every 3-4 months to see whats changed, often spending a few hrs poking around the UI & sight-seeing the game before switching back to the CC. I'd never seen Eodon in the EC so figured I'd take a look. :smile2:

Less then 15 mins after EC logon in Eodon, I client crash. I'm dead when I log back in (of course) but this is what I see...o_O Enhanced Client1.jpg Enhanced Client2.jpg Enhanced Client3.jpg Enhanced Client4.jpg

I'm glad this happened quickly so I didn't waste hours before returning to the CC. :D

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, I didn't even know it was possible for that to happen in UO!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this before. You need to disable hardware death effect in the options (from memory).

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs need to remove the hardware death effect. It has never worked and it just f*cks people over when they die.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you might try updating your video drivers too, looks to me like it's not all just an EC problem. I've played EC for couple years now and never had that experience or seen anything like it. Nice little free program out there called IOBit Driver Booster, checks and updates all your drivers for you or visit the manufacturer of your video card or Nvidia for newest drivers for just your video card.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I dislike the EC, i've not had it crash v often.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well at least you didn't get this screen... happens each time I open the EC on my computer lol :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
OH Boy! A new why I hate EC thread! *stares*

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an Nvidia card, and I posted a screenshot similar to the OP's a few weeks ago. Turned off Hardware Death Effect and it hasn't reoccurred since.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With Nvidia, that started to occur with drivers 364.xx. It doesn't happen with 362.00 drivers.
Haven't tried the 365.xx drivers yet. Not brave enough for that after the 364.xx fiasco.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well at least you didn't get this screen... happens each time I open the EC on my computer lol :p

upgrade from windows XP to anything after should resolve this....LOL Or wait....is this the windows 95 blue screen of death???

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes - disable hardware death effect and ask questions before just ripping on the entire client.