• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account management

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I have 6-7 accounts...only 3 of which are constantly active...
1 I activate every few months
and the rest I only activate as needed to help resolve housing issues for friends etc

Credit card update time....of course I lost the email addresses of some of the accounts etc
so your typical account management nightmare going in.

Ok tried it through the UO website.....no joy
next hit the EA site and hit contact us...
selected Ultima Online
selected phone me.
Got no less then 3 calls. first woman was totally useless....after 30 mins she actually hung up on me cause she couldnt understand the issue...kept asking me what console it was on...lol

2 guys left voice mails while I was dealing with the useless woman.

Logged back in and requested another call back... Got a helpful woman now ( plus 2 other guys leaving voice mails again)

She asked me some personal account info ( account names etc)
then some credit card questions...
then some birthday and physical address issues.

Once she was satisfied I was who I claimed to be she could do anything I needed account management wise.
Change passwords,,, change credit cards...change email addresses...

after it was all done I logged back in to UO.com and accessed all my accounts...all problems solved.

So if it was me I would avoid the whole email Bonnie crap and just call EA.....if it is account management they will help you with phone based support for Ultima Online.

Yes the first agent was useless but I am sure she was inexperienced and had a hard time with english.
But my second agent was the bomb....and once I jumped through a few of her identification hoops....she was incredible!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's usually how I deal with it though some folk can't get to the "Call Me" part...

A friend of mine using the IE browser couldn't get that part to actually show on the website... too much security I'm guessing...

Another couldn't log into the EA website at all..

And anyone outside the US often doesn't have that option.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of Account Management, is it down for anyone else right now?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of Account Management, is it down for anyone else right now?
Let's hope it's because they are rolling out the new system they said was coming. It was due in May. I always thought it would be May 2015 but they didn't specify which year...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New account management will probably just a form which forwards input to Mesanna's email :D Given her attitude of "not my business" when it comes to working with EA, I wouldn't hold my breath.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's usually how I deal with it though some folk can't get to the "Call Me" part...

A friend of mine using the IE browser couldn't get that part to actually show on the website... too much security I'm guessing...

Another couldn't log into the EA website at all..

And anyone outside the US often doesn't have that option.
I am not in the US ....And I used firefox if that helps anyone

and the Account management site is working for me right now

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. I was getting the glitch where I kept getting the Account Management Site is Down page. For those who might be suffering from this, clear your browsing history. Hopefully that will fix it as it did for me.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. I was getting the glitch where I kept getting the Account Management Site is Down page. For those who might be suffering from this, clear your browsing history. Hopefully that will fix it as it did for me.
great advise for those not seeing the "contact us" or call me buttons. When in doubt clear cache and cookies...close browser and relaunch. If that doesnt work for ya, there is virtually no reason I can think of not to have multiple browsers available on your task bar. I have EI, google chrome, and Firefox always just a click away.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes the first agent was useless but I am sure she was inexperienced and had a hard time with english
Sounds like you were dealing with those overseas call centers at first... they all over the place now. Companies need to start doing more Nearshoring than Offshoring, sure it's alot cheaper going the other route but if they ain't helping there's no point and just makes people more frustrated. Needs to stop... especially since UO account management almost needs a degree to figure out lol :p