• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So what is your least favorite task in game?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal least favorite is making fuse cords and all of the steps to actually get to making the fuse cords themselves.

Not looking for fixes or what would make it better just what is your least favorite thing to do, that you have to do in order to play the UO game you want :) Perhaps the Dev team will see this thread and without a lot of do this and do that will have a better feel of the pulse of what people don't enjoy doing but have to if they want to do the things they do enjoy. Given the huge diversity of what we do individually in game this could be a lengthy list or a lot of us might have the same pet peeves.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Packing up a house or two or three to close an account or two or three or more... It's like there is a death in the family and you have to sort through the stuff and sell the house... It looms over you like a giant dark cloud of gloom.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Packing up a house or two or three to close an account or two or three or more... It's like there is a death in the family and you have to sort through the stuff and sell the house... It looms over you like a giant dark cloud of gloom.
This would be right up there in #2 or #3 for me. Closed 12 accounts a few months ago and it took forever to sort things out.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be right up there in #2 or #3 for me. Closed 12 accounts a few months ago and it took forever to sort things out.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have three houses on Chesapeake and three on Siege. One on each server is packed to the brim and the other two sit nearly empty.

I don't know why I keep them other than land hoarding. I have like 30 pieces of land in ArcheAge just for farming trees on. There's something wrong with me. That is not a lead in to comment further.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have three houses on Chesapeake and three on Siege. One on each server is packed to the brim and the other two sit nearly empty.

I don't know why I keep them other than land hoarding. I have like 30 pieces of land in ArcheAge just for farming trees on. There's something wrong with me. That is not a lead in to comment further.
But you know someone will use it as one . . .

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waiting for years for one single artifact to drop and accepting that luck isn't on my side. Why do I have to kill hundreds of these goblins while my stupid neighbor gets a pair of Obsidian Earring in his first encounter?

Ah, and training certain skills. Imbuing for example.

And finding out, that certain deco ideas don't work because of bad programming...

But worse is seeing people stocking their vendors with tons of stuff they earned via scripting...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Getting the dreadhorn keys off the two spiders.
The drop rate of keys on those two are atrocious. :(

Also, the very weird artifact drop rate in this game. Ever since Eodon, I haven't seen Dreadhorn drop a single crimmy, and I kill him 5 times per week on average.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Getting the dreadhorn keys off the two spiders.
The drop rate of keys on those two are atrocious. :(

Also, the very weird artifact drop rate in this game. Ever since Eodon, I haven't seen Dreadhorn drop a single crimmy, and I kill him 5 times per week on average.
you sure you don't weigh the same as a Duck?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
you sure you don't weigh the same as a Duck?
At least as of April, I didn't.
I swear those weird knights and villagers show up once a month, wanting to burn me, so I am weighed against one fairly often.
But since I have always weighed more than the duck they use, they assume I don't float, so I am not made of wood and thus I don't burn. Therefore, I am no witch.
I am just as ugly as one.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logging into the account management website.
Totally agree, I live in fear of that email that comes and says your account has been suspended when actually all that was needed was an email saying you need to change the date on your credit card knowing you have to go thru the horrible task of logging in with crossed fingers and hoping you will do the right clicks in a total maze of gibberish.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waiting for years for one single artifact to drop and accepting that luck isn't on my side. Why do I have to kill hundreds of these goblins while my stupid neighbor gets a pair of Obsidian Earring in his first encounter?

And finding out, that certain deco ideas don't work because of bad programming...

But worse is seeing people stocking their vendors with tons of stuff they earned via scripting...
I know kryonix has said they did not nerf drop rates but the rate at which I get drops contradicts that :) I loved training imbue on Siege just unravel a major every 15 minutes to 120 :) I HATE SCRIPTERS!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The thing I hate most is Imbuing suits to all 70 resist. All want all 70, so why not just increase the basis resist with +15% for both crafted and new loot items, at least on Siege. It may not be a problem on normal shards where you rarely lose stuff.

Just this little changes would help me stock my vendor with PvP and PvM suits and to a price my customers better can afford. It would also make it easier for poor players to put a suit together from loot.
Also I could sell imbued pieces easier to put together with loot. This would help Siege a lot as right now, it way to hard to replace special PvP gear.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege sure need a increase of artifacts drop together with Fel bonus on all facets

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
the worst task by far is training skills.

I would rather spends millions on pink scrolls (and I have) than waste my time training skills.

I think taming is pretty close to being the worst skill to train. Instead I buy the mythic token and use jewelry for those.

o.0

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah for sure this, were all older now and don't have as much time to play with real life obligations. Training skills was fun at the beginning when got your first few GM's/120's but after 18 years of on/off playing you dread training any skill past 80, so glad they implemented SoT's
:D

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Filling spell books! Doing ten at a time is a sure fire way of getting RSI...
Yeah that one is wayyyyyyyyy up there on my list as well. Gotten to where I just keep a full spell book in the pack and hold whichever prop empty spell book I want to use.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing I hate most is Imbuing suits to all 70 resist. All want all 70, so why not just increase the basis resist with +15% for both crafted and new loot items, at least on Siege. It may not be a problem on normal shards where you rarely lose stuff.

Just this little changes would help me stock my vendor with PvP and PvM suits and to a price my customers better can afford. It would also make it easier for poor players to put a suit together from loot.
Also I could sell imbued pieces easier to put together with loot. This would help Siege a lot as right now, it way to hard to replace special PvP gear.
The bad thing is, it is not hard to get all 70s but it is tedious and time consuming. And on Siege expensive!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I love those maple trees we got as gifts a whole back. I thought these will look really cool in my garden house......... Until I found out it takes a act of god to put them where you want them.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love those maple trees we got as gifts a whole back. I thought these will look really cool in my garden house......... Until I found out it takes a act of god to put them where you want them.
throw them in a crate and place crate in desired spot ,then ax crate

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I would rather spends millions on pink scrolls (and I have) than waste my time training skills.

I think taming is pretty close to being the worst skill to train. Instead I buy the mythic token and use jewelry for those.

o.0
No begging is actually worse...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did you try putting them in a box, putting the box where you want the tree and axing the box?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't know I bought that skill out.
Silly me I worked it not only just once from beginning to end but 3 times now...

I think taming is the only skill I have never brought to completion. I've gone to 115 in Taming and then said forget it that's good enough. Otherwise I have GM'd or 120'd every skill there is by hand. Without macros or blues or pinks.