• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Give a Tinker's Dam

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Uhall.

I often use mechanical pets in my day to day UO life. I use a lot of Gadgetry Table golems to protect me while I do Trade Quests. Sometimes, I even try to kill the spawn! Now, the golems are certainly strong enough to take out most of that kind of spawn, but when they all mana dump on him, I need to be able to heal them more than once every 45 seconds or however long the ridiculous timer is. Of course, once they're dead, you have to wait until the next day to get another one from the table....

Sometimes, I use my bonded Vollem, that I can't heal using tinkering at all, which is some old bull mess. Using a crafted vollem leaves me in the same boat as with the golem. Can't heal fast enough using tinkering. There's also a ridiculous timer between crafting Vollems too!

I like being a crazy robot mechanic, but things need more tweaking than I can do on my end.

Now commence the 10-15 comments about how there are more important things to get to first, and I'm not only dreaming, but wasting my time. Salud!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never did understand the delay in tinker repairs to golems and other mechanical creatures.
Agreed. Let them be relevant. They have, however, been talking about a big pet overhaul/revamp. I'm hoping when they get to this, it touches on every follower out there, including tinkered followers. I also had an ancient suggestion regarding modifying Item ID and begging to let them control hireling followers in a similar fashion to tamer pets, but it would allow them to bond with and dress and equip their followers. I think I'll have to repitch that idea straight to Mesanna.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the years of people using Golems to afk script skills for hours on end is what made them make the ridiculous decision to put that silly timer in some time back... and IMO that one that you make get from the table ought to be a bit more special than it is. I agree waiting that long is FAR too long considering they tend to act like they are made of tissue paper. They should be stronger one would think... I would like to see the ability to bond them and such...

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that it will help too much, but you can gift of renewal the golem and heal it with SW. And technically, even though you'll fail a decent bit, you can do it with 0 skill (if you are human bc of base 20). Level 6 heals for 8 or 9 every 2 seconds I believe @ 0 sw with level 6.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the tinkering mechanical pet thing has been a bee in my bonnet for years!

i use to go mining with 2 golems as my body guards.
then they increased how many control slots they took.
then they added a timer on healing them.

i think they need to do away with the timer TOTALLY!
at the very least scale it to your level of tinkering skill.
a GM Tinker shouldn't be waiting 45 seconds to heal his golem.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is a crafted vollem or golem used in pvp at all? or if they took the timer away?

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heh, I tried it, they didn't last long

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that it will help too much, but you can gift of renewal the golem and heal it with SW. And technically, even though you'll fail a decent bit, you can do it with 0 skill (if you are human bc of base 20). Level 6 heals for 8 or 9 every 2 seconds I believe @ 0 sw with level 6.
They fixed it so that you can no longer heal a golem with Gift of Renwall.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
is a crafted vollem or golem used in pvp at all? or if they took the timer away?
Not really, crafted pets don't bond so there's no resurrecting once dead.
And I'm not sure about training but would seem pointless to me to use an untrained pet to pvp or train them to have it immediately die

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Uhall.

I often use mechanical pets in my day to day UO life. I use a lot of Gadgetry Table golems to protect me while I do Trade Quests. Sometimes, I even try to kill the spawn! Now, the golems are certainly strong enough to take out most of that kind of spawn, but when they all mana dump on him, I need to be able to heal them more than once every 45 seconds or however long the ridiculous timer is. Of course, once they're dead, you have to wait until the next day to get another one from the table....

Sometimes, I use my bonded Vollem, that I can't heal using tinkering at all, which is some old bull mess. Using a crafted vollem leaves me in the same boat as with the golem. Can't heal fast enough using tinkering. There's also a ridiculous timer between crafting Vollems too!

I like being a crazy robot mechanic, but things need more tweaking than I can do on my end.

Now commence the 10-15 comments about how there are more important things to get to first, and I'm not only dreaming, but wasting my time. Salud!
Yep. I've been calling for this for years. "Bondable" Useful Golems?. I even made it into a Ask the Devs once with a Golem related question/suggestion. Ask & Answer No. 1 - Old Stratics. The Repair cooldown really needs to be lessened or removed. Hell, it's a lot more expensive to repair a Golem with ingots, than it is to slap a cheap bandy on a pet.