• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's play a game!

Zeph Wightfyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when the game was a virtual world with a vibrant community? Between Midas' UO parody songs, the various thief comics, ImaNewbie, WTFMan... people were out there telling interesting stories about Britannia. I became interested in the game almost entirely because of a player named Lore Teledhel's web journal.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: Remember the old music before it was replaced by stuff lifted from Ultima IX ?

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Server wars!! omg i loved server wars...on Chessy it was buc's Den everyone ran to....soon as that server message popped. Drunk Monk would be running around beating the armor off everyone with that vanq Q staff of his. the houses that were placed in the air were fun to fight under. Theif would be running around stealing weps that he would no longer own when the server came up. and when it was all said and done you just had to hope it didnt back up to far and your tamer wasnt red lol.........good times, good times

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checking every house to see if the door was unlocked? And if it was, taking everything that could be sold back to town to sell it, and stuffing everything else into a dead jackrabbit corpse, leaving the house empty.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stam loss on push-thru. Too many times and you were at a standstill until it regen'd.

As for mongbat deaths that one noted ... I died to a massive rabbit swarm at the farm in S Moonglow. Embarrassing as hell but I had just started and a close friend rezzed me. She laffed and never let me forget it. Oh ... the rabbit swarm was because I whacking at a rabbit - but it was actually several - because I didn't have a clue on dragging up health bars! Doh!

And that friend? the late Leandra - moderator here at one time. I still miss her.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember newbified items? These were "blessed" without the tag, and everyone was born with them. Clothes, a dagger, a book, a candle, a practice weapon, reagents...
Some of the items have been unblessed since then.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I remember luring Rikki from Lighthouse or Del down to Oaks because nobody wanted to run Oaks due to it being a "100% chance of raid".

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember storming into deceit with your friends, synchronizing e-fields on the bone wall, then throwing tons of explosion potions and killing everyone training?

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I remember mining in Minoc when there was only Iron ore, color ore hadn't come out yet and you mined naked because pkers trying to kill you all the time and you didn't bother with pack horses because back then they could only hold 400 stones just like you.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server wars start & everyone is at the bank loading up their best gear. Putting on full armor suits, clothing, and jewelry ALL with
'bless' charges so your stats were +200 then one shot halberd killing everyone b/c damage scaled on strength.
If the 1st shot didn't assure death, the 2nd shot came so fast they never saw it due to your +200 dex. :hahaha:

Also, mage fighting & dropping on a magic reflect cloak 99 charges half way into the fight.:lol:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Remember when swords, Archer, mage was actually a good template?

I still have that guy and it's not so much anymore!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when 100.0 was the skill max and you could lose skill, hated logging on and seeing my scribe going from 100.0 to 99.9 inscription.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when...
A grandmaster mage could cast Gate Travel without fizzling?
and then that changed...
OOC: when the legendary scrolls came out, magery got rescaled, so a grandmaster mage would fizzle gate travel most of the time. We had been told that the legendary scrolls would be an added bonus. We were lied to.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
Remember when you could walk through someone's door as a ghost with the "auto-res" gump still up, then res inside someone's house and steal their stuff? Or, remember when you could run into someone's house and mark a rune real quickly, then recall away, and the home owner had to keep a box on the tile forever?

That was fun :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Using boats for extra storage. 10k for a boat being enough that you were really careful not to lose the boat. 10k being a valuable amount of gold. Being pissed because Yew was still in swamp-mode. Houses in dungeons, esp on the evil mage roof. Lines waiting to fight evil mages. Karma farming. Cigar boxes. Dozens of people hanging out at Brit bank. Equipping characters entirely from the stuff tossed on the ground at Brit bank...

I miss those days.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember Death Runes. Stacking tables and marking a rune at the top and then opening a gate for unsuspecting people to run through as they fell to their death.

Remember reflect jewelry that sent the fireballs and ebolts back to the caster!

Remember para fields to train resist and then someone opening a gate to Destard and watch a dragon come thru and kill everyone stuck in the para fields.

Remember hidden thieves camping your house steps to steal the master key to your house! Or wandering Ettins opening your locked house?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember going into party for the first time, got ganked and lost all my stuff. learned to click can not loot first lol. I couldn't believe they made it that way.

I remember on siege reds waiting outside my house for hours, couldn't leave to even play lol

I remember the first great housing drop. hundreds of houses dropped throughout the night, huge pvp fights over loot/casles

I remember a monster in luna that we couldn't kill. it would pull u in, kill u, and blow up your body. all of luna was full of body parts lol. NOTE : body parts blocked u from moving anywhere lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember my most favorite event ever was the one that gave use the Void Shadow Demon.... most epic battle of all time... I remember tons of guilds coming together and working together to gather materials to make a full on onslaught of the thing everyone with a Golem in tow... 100's of deaths several days of trying later the thing was finally brought down and the feeling that you just won the most epic battle of the century did not subside.

I remember talking both friends and enemies alike into doing the event... even talked a few hard core PvPers into helping. Was so amazing it's still one of my fondest memories of UO.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when you could turn gray in Trammel. Then get guard wacked in town and everyone would loot your body.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when one of the devs played an archer and decided on his own to make it so archers do 90 damage with lighting strike so everyone had to play an archer in fel. They were going to rename the game archer online.